Posting Guideline

1. Responses to storyguide posts should be fairly prompt--2 or 3 days, if possible.

2. If after five days someone has not responded on a particular post, we'll move on and the non-responding character will simply "move to the background" until the player returns.

3. You may, but are not required, to set up accounts for both your magus and your companion. In other words, if Ivan is playing as Domazhir, he would use his Domazhir Slipoi Atlas account. If he is playing Jenhay, he would post using his Jenhay account. If you don't want to deal with extra accounts, then make sure in the subject line of each post you note which character is speaking/acting/etc. Note that I am running the game using the "MystikaeEikonaSG" account. But my personal login is "argentios_bard" which is also set up as a moderator, just in case.

4. When posting in-game, use plain text for narrative, red text for speech, italics text for metagame comment such as die roll results or questions not "in character".

5. Speaking of die rolls, generally you make your own and post them as per standard ArsM style, i.e. Characteristic + Ability + Die Roll, in italics. Example: Quickness 2 + Athletics 5 + DR 11 = 18. In the interests of full disclosure, there may be times when I need a die roll from you but will make it myself and not tell you I did so. The classic example is someone trying to sneak past you in the dark. I'll roll his sneak and your Perception + Awareness, and if you fail I won't clue you in before he knifes you in the back.

6. Speaking of in-character and out-of-character, there is an OOC "table talk" entry here. Talk about "outside the actual saga" stuff there, both game and non-game chatter.

7. How much should you write as a response to a post? As much as you feel comfortable with and that conveys your purpose. Probably not "War and Peace", but also not monosyllables, please. :slight_smile: Please feel free to nudge me if I'm getting too wordy, flowery, or otherwise violating Mark Twain's Dicta.

8. Selected Mark Twain's Dicta

[i]An author should:

Say what he is proposing to say, not merely come near it.
    Use the right word, not its second cousin.
    Eschew surplusage.
    Not omit necessary details.
    Avoid slovenliness of form.
    Use good grammar.
    Employ a simple, straightforward style. [/i]

Find the complete list of Twain's Dicta here:  [url]http://www.mamohanraj.com/Writing/twain.html[/url]

I think that's it!

Enjoy the game.