Prelude: Alexei

Alexei grimaces, the stranger was too intent. "Very well." he said as defends himself, trying to keep his spear in his hand.

[i]Defense roll:

1d10+8 → [10,8] = (18)

invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166071/

Botch roll:
1d10 → [2] = (2)

No botch. Assuming he'll be disarmed.[/i]

Alexei curses again, his size was no deterrant it seemed and his talisman barely seemed to be a stick in his overly large hand. It would easily be lost again. But perhaps there was an opportunity.

[i]Alexei will try casting Object of Increased Size on Mufrajj, trying to catch his armour or scimitar with a touch, which should be easy due to his size and how close Mufarjj has to get. I'll roll that now, though it might happen after this round:

Concentration: 1d10+6 → [9,6] = (15)
Spell casting roll: 1d10+23 → [2,23] = (25) [/i]

Alexei barely holds onto his spear. (OOP: Need to exceed defense by 9, in this case it was 7, make sure you represent the 10 as a zero In this case your defense is 8, not 18. [I need a defense roll. Always roll for defense in every round in addition to whatever activity you do, if it's not needed it will be ignored.])

Mufarjj is nothing if not persistent and goes for your talisman again. Attack total of 20.

Your spell appears to have no effect on Mufarjj. He flashes a wicked grin at you after you cast it.

His height managed to keep his spear in his hand, but the spell was useless, what happened? Did he resist it somehow? The time for play was over, he needed to end this. This master, whoever it was, obviously had enchanted this warrior. He easily pulled his spear out of the way and then quickly brought it down to touch the man. "Halt!" he bellowed, trying to paralyze the big warrior.

[i]Defense roll:

1d10+8 → [9,8] = (17)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166098/

Freeze the Belligerent Brigand (Touch with staff causes a person to become motionless) R: Touch D: Diameter T: Individual Base 5 +5 Range, +5 Duration, +4 (12 uses per day), Penetration bonus +6 (12 Penetration)

Attack (Just trying to touch him with the staff, not trying to hurt him): 1d10+9 → [7,9] = (16)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166103/[/i]

Attack:Roll of 1, reroll, second roll of 7, (2*7)+15=29

Mufarjj laughs maniacally as he slashes at your talisman."Wizard, I have tracked you for years, and you never knew it. I will have you, and once I do, I will have my freedom. My master prefers you be alive when I bring you to him, however, my patience is being tested."

You don't need a roll for touch in this case, since he seems so intent on going for your spear. Unless you fast cast, he'd act before your spell is finished. Your spell doesn't penetrate (obviously, based on the previous round).

Alexei needed an edge, his resistance was as strong as any magi's of the order. He saw him going after his spear and he needed to keep it.

[i]Fast Cast Wizard's Parry

Finesse roll: 1d10+3 → [7,3] = (10)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166116/

Spell casting roll:
1d10+19 → [0, 9] = (19) sigh My nickname among my group is 'Botch' but unless there's more than one die to roll for the botch, he's fine since he's Mastered the spell.
He will attempt to parry with his hand so that he won't get his spear knocked out.

Then he attacks, he needs to draw some blood so he can get an Arcane Connection:

Attack roll (spear): 1d10+10 → [2,10] = (12)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166123/

Damage (if it gets through) +9 (the spear tip is not magical)[/i]

I have been lax in marking out rounds.
The Attack total of 29 is in the round you'd be casting Freeze the Belligerent Brigand. If, in the same round, you want to fast cast the Wizard's Parry to avoid losing your spear (your defense total is 17, 29-17=12>9, you'll lose your talisman. I need you to make a concentration roll of Very Hard (15), which represents your focus on switching from activating your enchanted power, to oh, crap, I need to block his attack.
If you make the Very Hard ease factor, you'll keep your spear.
We can then proceed to the next round where your attack can take place.

Concentration roll:
1d10+6 → [9,6] = (15) Yowza! Got it.
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166155/

Round 9

Mufarjj easily parries your spear defense total of 18, greather than your 12 above.
I need a defense roll for his attack to disarm you, again or if you decide to FC Wizard's Parry.
Mufarjj attacks with a total of 24.

Note, if you botch or fail the Wizard's Parry, I need a defense roll.

Alexei never realized how much he depended on having grogs at his side, he would need to re-evaluate his combat strategy in the future...if he had a future.

[i]Fast Cast Wizard Parry

Finesse roll: 1d10+3 → [3,3] = (6)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166202/
Alexei will spend a Confidence point if it will get him the speed he needs to beat his initiative and use the spell. If that won't do it, he won't spend the confidence and just roll a defense.

Wizard Parry spell roll: 1d10+19 → [9,19] = (28)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166204/

Defense roll (just in case): 1d10+8 → [2,8] = (10)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166205/

Attack roll: 1d10+10 → [1,10] = (11) (some luck! a 1!)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166206/
Exploder die: 1d10 → [5] = (5)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166209/
Attack total 20.[/i]

The attack roll is for round 10

Round 10
Mufarjj is about to parry you but his blade appears to stick in mid air at his side, as he was in mid swing. He desparately tugs on it, but it doesn't budge. His predicament leaves him ripe for the attack. He attempts to dodge(Dodge total of 8), but he is unsuccessful and takes the spear full on.

Damage total is (2+9+12=23) vs 3 soak. He takes the spear full on in the chest. He looks supremely suprised and screams out "No! Master save me!" As he screams out, his skins and his scabbard disappate into a black mist and fly straight toward Alexei, as the mist comes near him it seems to form a face with eyes and a malicious smile. When the mist reaches Alexei, it divides into two streams, goes around him and then reforms. It gathers speed and proceeds to the southeast.

Mufajj passes out on your spear. The dead weight on it causes it to come out of your hands, and Mufarjj crumples to the ground on his side infront of you. The men with him witness this and break and run. Your men appear to be coming to.

Alexei seemed surprised and pleased that his spear would finally strike its mark, but the reaction from the man and his weapons was completely unexpected. He let go of the spear both from the weight on it and to throw up his hands and protect himself from what must have been a spirit of some kind and then he saw it flee to the Southeast.

"What in the world?!" he demands and then looks down at the man. He was gravely wounded, Alexei didn't think his spear would connect much less cause this much damage. He reached down and touched his chest to asses the wound.

Casting Revealed Flaws of Mortal Flesh InCo 10 Casting total +29
Want to check on how bad the wound is before I try healing him in some fashion.
I can't go to the dice roller page right now.

In game terms, he's at wound level incapacitated.
Incidentally, his scimitar is stll hanging in mid air.
You judge that if you remove the spear tip/spear you could kill him, spilling all his humors.
You're no longer under stress, die roll isn't necessary.

Alexei sees that the man's life is in great danger, ironically the spear was keeping him from losing his blood at this point, he could bind the wound with a spell but needed help removing the spear. He stood and turned back to the cart and nearly walked into the man's scimitar still floating there. "What?" he walked around it, not wanting to touch something that was possibly designed to do him in. Hurrying back to the cart he reached for Michelle.

"Michelle...Michelle, wake up! Hurry, wake up!" he demands, patting his face and then slapping his cheek.

Michell wakes up, appears a bit groggy.

OOC(You can control their actions and do rolls on their behalf)

(OK wasn't sure if they could be woken up yet)

"Michelle." WHAP! "Michelle!" Alexei was about to slap him again when the groggy man reached up and angrily blocked his hand.

"What!" he demanded as he sat up and looked around.

"You're awake, quickly! Come with me!" Alexei helped him down, the grog was still dazed and barely noticed that Alexei was close twice his own size right now. He led the grog stumbling around the floating sword to the man on the ground. "Alright, take hold of the spear, when I nod, remove it in one quick pull. Do you understand?" Michelle looked about in confusion both at the man on the ground and the floating sword. "Michelle! Focus!" Alexei snapped.

"Aye! I understand." he finally looked back down at the man.

"Alright." With that Alexei's eyes unfocused and the smell of roasting boar wafter over Michelle and he felt a pleasant tingling in his hands that touched the spear. "Now!" Michelle yanked the spear out with a quick pull as Alexei quickly reached down to the wounded man's chest and placed his hands over the bleeding hole, sealing it closed for now.

"We must get to the Covenant, quickly!" Alexei said as he moved to lift the big man, but even at his great size he needed Michelle's help.

Bind Wound can be cast without a roll, they'll put Mufarjj in the cart if they can.

While you and Michelle are loading Mufarjj into the cart the sword drops, clanging to the ground against some rocks.

Once they have him in the cart Alexei will take the reigns of his horse and walk over to the sword. The other grogs and the guide were coming around. "Henri, you must lead us to Apollodorus, hastily now." he walked over to the sword and touched it with his spear.

[i]Attempting a spontaneous In Vi on the sword to see if there are any active magics (trying to replicate sight of the active magics)
R: T +1 D: M T: I

Sta +2, In 5 Vi 8 +3 Special circumstances, will actually shout and use grand gestures for an additional +2 total pre-roll: +20

Will spend a Fatigue to try and learn as much as he can, if it seems safe he'll pick it up.[/i]

There aren't any active magics on the sword. Additionally you realize that the times Mufarjj hit your talisman you never had the sense your Parma had been penetrated.

I didn't roll, I'd figure you reasoned this out fromt he Parma. Sight of the Active magics is an InVi 40th level effect...you're not even close, so rolling is not worth it.

Alexei seems satisfied. He reaches down and picks up the large sword and puts it into the cart.

"Helmut...take good care of our friend here."

"Lord...what happened? The last I remembered there was this big one and a few handfuls of others." said Michelle. Gunnar and Helmut nod in agreement.

"A spell was cast on you. I fought their champion and won, but I would know more from this one. Brionne! Keep a sharp eye out!" he commands the misshapen man. "Henri, are we near?"