Prelude for Torros of Jerbiton

Torros doesn’t know what to do. But he hesitates to fix the situation with magic.

“Hans, would you please pull me down! Something went wrong here, and I´m afraid to fall!”

(OCC: Warping Point added)

Hans has no trouble hauling down Torros. But unfortunately, Torros needs to be held down in order to avoid flying away again.

:laughing:

:open_mouth: If it is not over after a diameter or so Torros will start to think about some counter magic.

Time passes, but the magical effect shows no sign of ending.

Ok, Then Torros will cast a spontaneous fatiguing Spell ”Unraveling the Fabric of Corpus” on Level 3 with range Personal using exaggerated gestures.
Pe(3)+Vi(0)
Corpus is also 0 (might be requisite)+ Sta(1)+ Light wound (-1) Gestures (+1) = 4.

(OOC: It cannot be range Personal, as you are not targeting yourself but rather a spell that is affecting you. It needs to be at least R:Touch. There is no Corpus requisite, this is pure Vim.)

Torros successfully casts the spell, but it has no effect. (OOC: He loses a Fatigue level.)

"Will you be needing me to tie you down, sir?" Hans asks.

“Ah, yes Hans that’s an excellent Idea. I think I have to wait some time until this ähm Effect is over.”

After about an hour, Torros falls down with a thump.

“Let´s try it again! This time it should go downwards!”
Torros is a bit nervous but he sees no other change to reach the cave of the troll.
So he cast the same spell as before. This time without any loss of control…hopefully.

"Well," mutters Franz, "we could lower you down with a rope, you know."

"It might be, um, easier," Hans adds.

So be it like you said. Just lower me down. :blush:

(Moving things along then.)

After securing the rope to Torros' waist, the magus climbs over the rail of the bridge and starts going down along the bridge's piling, holding it to control his descent. So down he goes...

...and down. And down. And even further down. Torros realizes that he has been going down much more then he expected to. In fact, much further than the length of the rope that is being used to lower him. He also realizes that the wooden pillar that he is using to control his descent has been growing steadily wider.

Finally, he touches down on a rocky island that is much bigger than the one that was visible from the bridge's surface. Looking up the rope, he sees it rising... well, it looks like several hundred feet up in the air.

Up on the bridge, Franz and Hans lowers the rope down by about twenty feet, until they feel the weight lightens. Their master has obviously reached the base of the bridge. Except that, when they look down, they can no longer see him!

(Bump, from either side of the story, grogs or magus.)

"Master Torros!" Hans calls out. "Are you down there?"

There is no answer to Hans' call.

Hans then tugs on the rope a few times, hoping to get a tug back. "This is very strange," he says to Franz. Then again, everything has been strange since we came into the Forest."

The rope seems to be tied to something down there, although nothing is visible. He doesn't get a tug back.

Franz seems nervous, "It's not called the Black Forest for nothing, I think. There are all kinds of stories about it, I hear, and few of them end up well for people who get lost here."

"Master Torros has only been gone a short time," Hans says as calmly as he can. "We should give him some time to sort things out."