Problem with the forum or server?

Since a few days, I'm having regular difficulties to connect to the Ars forum.
It usually doesn't lasts (like, I reload and it works), so it isn't as much a bother as it could be, but I was wondering if you were having any problems.

Same as Fixer above

Can you both please give us your computer/browser specs?

I'm no compter dude, but I'll try to be as specific as I can

I use Mozilla Firefox as a browser. The computer is oldish (uses win xp home SP2) - but neither has been a problem in the past.
I sometimes (like every tenth to twentieth time I try to do sth) get some error message that I'll copy and paste the next time I see it (for now, I have changed to windows internet explorer - to see if the probelm still occurs).

So the browswer doesn't matter

Firefox error message:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@forum.atlas-games.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Internet explorer error message:

Die Seite kann nicht angezeigt werden.

Die gewünschte Seite kann nicht angezeigt werden.

Versuchen Sie Folgendes:
• Öffnen Sie die forum.atlas-games.com -Homepage, und suchen Sie dann nach Links zu den gewünschten Informationen.
• Klicken Sie auf Aktualisieren oder wiederholen Sie den Vorgang später.
• Klicken Sie auf Suchen, um nach Informationen im Internet zu suchen.
• Sie können auch eine Liste verwandter Sites anzeigen.

HTTP 500 - Interner Serverfehler
Internet Explorer

Same here. This is the error I encountered when trying to reply to this very thread:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@forum.atlas-games.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have also noticed that the post count in some threads does not update and send the thread to the top of the forum when it is updated. It happened to the "Rise of the Phoenix: Severin's Journal" entry I am writing, for example.

I had the exact same message, although it's been a few days since I had it.

Both on an old computer with XP sp3 and firefox 3.5.4, and a new computer with XP sp3 and IE8

We're working on it.

Thanks! :smiley:

EDIT: There, got mine, along with a whole lot of lag T-T

[code]Internal Server Error

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.[/code]

Happened again. I was unable to get to the site for a few hours. No error message, it just froze half-way.

Just feedback. Dunno if it helps.

Shows you that I miss the forum when it's not there...