Provence summer 1202, a matter of honor

Activating the cloak's power again, she strides towards the stable hands, her voice as loud as she can manage it, though probably no more than a hoary whisper "Be gone, or Death will come for you!"

As you approach in the fog the men become nervous and grab their pitchforks, until you call out in what turns out to be a loud clear voice.
"What's that? some lady in the fog? Going to kit me to death?"
His friend is less skeptical "This fog doesn't seem natural, she may not fight with sword and shield."
"Of course she doesn't fight with sword and shield, she's a woman. Rolling pin more like. As for her magic, I have my crucifix, it will protect me from any devil magic some woman can wield!"
neither of them seem to be leaving.

"You have made your choice, so be it!" And with that, she casts Charge of the Angry Winds, gathering a wall of wind in front of her, intending to sweep them away from her.

Both men are blown back into the barn wall, which they use to start climbing up to a standing position again.

She will attempt to keep the spell up, until their show that they yield. Despite her frustrations, she has no desire to truly hurt them, but she doesn't want to be manhandled once more. The next one who tries, might get struck by lightning.

The man who expressed concern at you power turns his face "I cannot abandon my post, but I am powerless to stop you, and cannot see your face."
The other however seems to take the winds as a challenge to his dedication and faith, and begins trying to march towards you into the wind, making no progress but keeping his feet for now.

"If you two will relent, and let me through, I will not harm you, but if you attempt to harm me, I will stop you, and on a second attempt, I will unleash all I've got to destroy you." And she waits patiently for their reply, continuing concentrating on her spell.

The two men shout something, but you cannot make their words out over the wind. The man with faith in his crucifix again tries to march towards you, but winds up on the ground blown back into the barn door. The other drops his pitchfork and slumps to the ground as if asleep.

Keeping up the spell once more. If the man with the crucifix tries to get at her again, she'll consider her course of action.

He stands up, lurches forward towards you again, and is once more blown into the barn.

Her frustration bubbling to the surface, she had considered some alternatives, ones that might maim him, but not kill him, but she has been on the edge for too long, and this just snapped it.
There is a certainty, and calm, that comes from having made up your mind, even amidst deep frustration. Letting the winds blowing him dissipate, she raises her right hand at the sky, and points her left hand at the poor fellow, her voice as booming as she possibly can, and her gestures powerful and commanding, like a female Zeus, as a bolt of lightning rushes towards him.

Normally her casting total is +35. -6 due to the Divine Aura, +1 due to Exaggerated gestures, +3 due to Confidence point spent, for a total of +33.

roll damage

33 damage

Charred bone and gore splatter over the front of the barn while the other stable hand jumps in his "sleep" and curls up tighter.

Typhannie will walk up to the barn door, and open it. she'll keep an eye on the one feigning sleep, just in case.

She opens the barn door and sees the carriage, with horses harnessed to it, sitting right at the door. Horses are stabled further in, and appear to be spooked by the wind and lightning.

Checking to see if anyone from the inn came after her, she will proceed to check the carriage for her missing staff

There does seem to be some sort of disturbance going on inside the inn, but nobody is coming for her. She searches the carriage thoroughly but does not find the staff.

Coming down from the carriage, her disposition isn't much better. She WILL have some answers from the man sent to retrieve her, one way or another, and a little delay might do him 'good' for his disposition..

And so, she comes out of the barn, and calls on her instruction once more, but this time, she calls up the winds and clouds, creating a storm in the area. It might be unusual for a summer, but all the better to have the people at the inn on their toes around her.
Once the storm gathers, she stops concentrating on it. Sure, it will disperse in a while, but for now that's all she needs, and she can cast it again.

As the storm begins you see a light, presumably held by a person, depart the inn and head further into the town.