Question about Theurgic Spirit Familiar

My magus is going to try and find a Theurgic Spirit Familiar. Under the description of the virtue, it says that the magus must prove his worthiness and that the rule of thumb for this is that the (Tech+Form) proposed for the bond must be at least twice the might of the spirit. My question is this, is this literally just the Technique + Form, and not the complete Bind total?? Also, does an appropriate focus come into play and modify the Tech+Form total?

Thank you

Hi,

No one is replying, so I'll give it a go.

The rules as written specify just Form and Technique. Strictly speaking, that's the way it is. However, I would allow an appropriate Focus to be included, because that adds a Form or Technique. If a player asked me, that's what I'd say, and it makes sense to me. If a player wanted to include his Intelligence and Magic Theory, I would accept that, no argument. But the bonus for a good aura? No, because the Aura isn't about the magus being worthy. A lab that's great for binding familiars, or for an appropriate Art, or just in general? Again, and especially, no.

Anyway,

Ken

Without having read the section at all...I'd say just Te+Fo, otherwise it'd have said "Lab Total" or "Binding Total". I'd count a relevant focus into that figure, since foci apply when arts are used.

Thank you for the replies.