Ra'am ex Bonisagus

Ra'am ex Bonisagus
Covenant: Covenant of The Phoenix
Saga: Phoenix: Rise from the Ashes
Characteristics: Int +3 (1), Per 0, Pre +1, Com +3, Str -4, Sta +2, Dex -2, Qik 0
Size: 0
Age: 42 (46), Height: 5'9'', Weight: 140 lbs, Gender: Male
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0 (3¼)
Confidence: 1 (3)
Virtues and Flaws: The Gift, Affinity with Magic Theory, Linguist, Magister in Artibus, Affinity with Creo, Flawless Magic (Study Totals: Doubled for spell mastery), Good Teacher, Hermetic Magus, Puissant Magic Theory*, Dependent [Wife, 2 daughters], Restriction (touching bare earth without shoes), Ability Block (Martial), Busybody [covenfolk], Pious, Poor Strength × 1
Personality Traits: Scholarly +3, Authoritarian +3, Careful +2
Combat:
Dodge: Init: +0, Attack , Defense +0, Damage
Fist: Init: +0, Attack 2, Defense +0, Damage 4
Kick: Init: 1, Attack 2, Defense 1, Damage 1
Soak: +2
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, 1, 3, 5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: 1 (1 5), 3 (6 10), 5 (11 15), Incapacitated (16 20), Dead (21+)
Abilities: Castillian 5, Norman French 2, Area Lore: Salamanca 2 (Hebrew quarter), Arabic 4 (Smalltalk), Parma Magica 1 (Ignem), Hebrew 5, Charm 2 (covenfolk), Artes Liberales 5 (Ritual Magic), Philosophiae 4 (Ceremonial Magic), Finesse 2 (Creo), Penetration 1 (Auram), Teaching 4 (Apprentices), Latin 5 (Hermetic terms), Magic Lore 0 (1), Code of Hermes 1, Order of Hermes Lore 0 (+1, 1), Intrigue 0 (1), Scribe 2, Magic Theory 8+2 (Creo), Theology, Jewish 2 (Kabbalah), Concentration 2 (Spells)

Arts: Cr 15, In 5, Mu 5, Pe 4, Re 9, An 0, Aq 1, Au 11, Co 5, He 0, Ig 1, Im 0, Me 0, Te 1, Vi 5

Equipment of Note: Cudgel of Storms (Creator: Ra'am ex Bonisagus; Created: Summer 1208; Vis Capacity: 8; Total Pawns Invested: 4; Total Effect Level: 36; Effect Name: The Incantation of Lightning; Effect Level: 36; Effect Details: R: Voice, D: Mom, T: Ind, Frequency: 2/day; Arts: CrAu 35; Design: Base 5, +2 Voice, +4 unnatural)
Encumbrance: 0 (0)
Spells Known:
The Incantation of Lightning (CrAu 35) +29, Mastery 1 (multiple casting)
Circling Winds of Protection (Cr(Re)Au 20) +23, Mastery 1 (fast casting)
Charge of the Angry Winds (CrAu 15) +29, Mastery 1 (fast casting)
Pull of the Skybound Winds (CrAu 30) +29, Mastery 1
Maintaining the Demanding Spell (ReVi 20) +17, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Whispering Winds (InAu 15) +19, Mastery 1 (still casting)
Sailor's Foretaste of the Morrow (InAu 20) +19, Mastery 1 (quiet casting)
Jupiter's Resounding Blow (CrAu 10) +29, Mastery 1 (multiple casting)
Demon's Eternal Oblivion (PeVi 10) +12, Mastery 1 (penetration)

Ah, excellent! A level 15 version of DEO, mastered by a Good Teacher! Librarian Sharae will be pleased. Expect her to ask you to write a tractus on the subject, to add to the Collection she's preparing. (It's the only thing she can think to do in response to the battle of Las Navas de Tolosa.)

Everything looks fine so far, though I suddenly miss JM's familiarity with chargen math.

do you have MetaCreator? I can send the file.

Not me. May have to give in on that soon, but not this month. Somebody else does, though.

Yeah, Peregrine_Bjornaer does. If you'd like him to verify that everything seems in order, let me know.
I'll see what I can do about providing a better breakdown of XP's. I'll need to do that for the Wiki, anyway, right?

I have it, so you can send it to me if you want.

One thing that I notice is that, as it stands, your DEO is useless save if you've got an AC or are in a favorable Aura: Your penetration is (12-15+1+1+die+aura) = Die + Aura - 1.
Of course, that'll quickly improve as you get your Pe and Vi up, so this is not a bad idea at all, especially given the HR of "DEO soak", but I thought preferable to warn you nonetheless

Or use vis... :open_mouth:
Just added a lengthy backstory to the wiki. It's long, I'm warning ya.
arm5phoenix.wetpaint.com/page/Ra ... +Backstory
It's an attachment at the end of the page, because I'm not interested in making it handle the pasted text properly.
Edit: added the MetaCreator file to the character sheet page as an attachment on the wiki.
arm5phoenix.wetpaint.com/page/Ra ... +Bonisagus

umm...and currently blank? (7:45 pm edt on the 21st)

Apparently they've updated MC since last time I checked for updates (July 6 is the date of the current version, which is 5.1.5 - I did have 5.1.1 until about half an hour ago :laughing:)...but I'm really bad about manually checking for updates. Maybe one of these updates they'll install an automatic check-for-update thingie.

Yeah, you parsed my post a bit to finely there, perhaps? It's an attachment, because I gave up on trying to get it to display in some way other than a solid block of text.

That and it's well past my normal bedtime (yes it's only 8pm...shush).
I've had problems with WetPaint doing paragraph breaks too. Only solution I've found is to insert a line between paragraphs. And yay, OpenOffice still works on .docx!

Given the length, um, I was unwilling to do that. I'm at work on a condensed version to post into the text space, among other things...

Definitely seeing potential tie-ins/crossover potential between Ra'am's background and Cygna's. Which covenant was Ra'am with in Stonehenge? One of the canonical ones, or an original one? (or possibly Riversedge?)

Yeah, I originally planned to actually be in a Rhein covenant at the end, but changed my mind, which infuenced the starting covenant. Here's the thing. He couldn't tell you, honestly. He's a bit embarrased about it and intends to ask the next Redcap he sees where the letters he writes to Aurelius actually end up. To him, it was always the Covenant, when he left, it was if he did't leave, since they travelled there so often, it was like an extension of Le Maison d'Levrier. And honestly, this has been much more difficult that I expected, getting all the characters and pieces together. A lot of fun, though.

I've revised him a bit.
I changed Necessary Condition to : must sit, stand, kneel, lay from a different position he's currently in. Rereading the Flaw, it seemed to require some sort of action on the Magi's part, or the spell doesn't complete...

Given The Fixer's comment about DEO, I decreased it to 10th level. I moved the 5 xp to Terram, bringing it to 6.
I'll post the edit soon.

Hum...

Maybe you could have his necessary condition to be something in relation to his faith? Like specific gestures/words? Encantig the sacred names of god? Although it may seem too "pious magi".

And your item is a good idea! Although it won't work on anything with MR, it allows you to cast IoL without any regard for the Aura, without any risk of failure, incinerating any mundane. Good idea!

Same with my spell. That's what I get for having an effective MT of 10!

Sharae weeps.

I like the idea of your and Cygna crossing paths in your apprenticeship. I wonder if it should be during the period when Ra'am was under the tutelage of of Tria.

I'm curious to know, what value you place on leaving your first covenant nameless?

Beyond that, I like your backstory, though it leaves a few holes that I may either ask you to fill or fill myself at some later point.

Isn't that the value? I described a pretty odd place but not well enough to allow you room to fill/adjust as needed. For the name, well is it really necessary? Consider that the Redcaps have registers of who lives where. Plus for several years there was easy access to it.

For me, yes. I'm still treading lightly with you and Arya, though, so I'm making a point of verifying my assumptions.

I had done these aging rolls sometime ago. I'm finally posting them here.
Age Roll Result
35 Aging Roll invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3114702/ (4) Increase Apparent Age +1
36 Aging Roll invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3114706/ (11) Aging Point any characteristic
37 Aging Roll invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3114708/ (8) Increase Apparent Age +1
38 Aging Roll invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3114718/ (-5) No apparent Age increase
39 Aging Roll invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3114719/ (-3) No apparent Age increase
40 Aging Roll invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3114720/ (-3) No apparent Age increase
41 Aging Roll invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3114721/ (2) No apparent Age increase
42 Aging Roll invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3114723/ (1)
42, second roll invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3114726/ (2) (2*4-6) No apparent Age increase

Note the result includes the modification to the die roll. In the case where a 1 was rolled, the result was ignored and the die was rerolled as a standard stress die to achieve 2*4-6=2 result.