Realms of Power: The Divine out of print???

I am trying to complete my Ars Magica book collection and Realms of Power: The Divine is not available anywhere or has ominous 'out of print' messages. Am I doomed never to own this book? Not even Ebay has a copy :frowning:

1 Like

It was done as print-on-demand, with a source that's no longer providing that service. We expect to move it to Amazon print-on-demand, but that requires some format changes that aren't simple. So the answer is YES it will be available again in future, but I can't speculate on when.

3 Likes

Same thing here, except I'm also missing The Infernal.

Infernal is already up on Amazon as print-on-demand:

https://smile.amazon.com/Realms-Power-Infernal-Fantasy-Roleplaying/dp/1589780876/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=ars+magica+infernal&qid=1626901635&sr=8-2

The hardcover books seem to be currently unavailable. See also https://smile.amazon.com/Covenants-Ars-Magica-Fantasy-Roleplaying/dp/1589780833/

Is it possible to make them Softcover & Hardcover options? (Probably even more work.)

Yes, there are a bunch of them. We're working on getting them all up on Amazon as print-on-demand so they'll be available for the future. It's going to take a while, though.

-Michelle Nephew

2 Likes

Any chance of a crowdfund to make this happen faster? (If it is a financial constraint) I would certainly contribute and I am sure there could be more support from more of the forum?

It's a staff time problem, not a financial constraint. We can't just use the PDFs we have for sale since those aren't high enough resolution for print. The only one who can access and convert the original printer files is John Nephew (our CEO) because they're all in archaic file formats from 20-30 years ago that require an obsolete computer be resurrected from his "Computer Purgatory" closet, then be made to actually play well with modern technology. It's a long, convoluted process, and nobody else can do it.

3 Likes

Thank you. Please let us know if you need some gamers willing to serve as shield grogs for John.

For those who are interested in these titles, please sign up for our mailing list and checkmark "Ars Magica" as one of your interests, and I'll send out an email when they're available again! You can find that form in the right sidebar here: Atlas Games | Ars Magica 4th Edition

This is good news (if a bit old at this point--I'm always behind).

This could be an excellent solution to the seven missing tribunal books (The Missing 5E Tribunal Books). Release them on pdf and print-on-demand, so no large printing expenses are incurred. Combine that with the idea of opening them up to submissions by those who have already put a lot of work into them a la the recent Spanish Iberian tribunal book, as discussed in the thread above, and voila, the only thing required of Atlas is some editing and final formatting.

Would also love to see the Grand Grimoire available in this format, with some nice cover art matching the rest of the game.

Also, in case you're not already aware, scal....[ahem] "dealers" are already starting to ask ludicrous prices for The Divine on ebay and amazon, so if this were one of the soonest ones to be available, that would be wonderful.

Hah! Well, we're working on getting it available as print-on-demand, since we can't justify a full print run but we really want to keep it in print. We actually have a person assigned to converting out-of-stock ArM5 books into Amazon POD format now, and he's been plowing through them, so there's actual progress being made!

6 Likes

Hey, just wanted to ask if there is any news regarding print on demand. Really waiting to buy those books here😅

The most recent batch was posted here: New Softcover Books Available

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the answer. If they are print on demand is it possible to print them in hardcover. Even if its a bit more expensive, I would not mind as I do not like softcover books🤔

Amazon PoD doesn't currently offer hardcovers, I'm afraid.

Hey Michelle, thanks for the quick answers, I really appreciate that:) I just looked it up and amazon seams to have added a print on demand option recently (Hardcover).
I don’t know if thats an option for you but if it is I‘d really appreciate that.
Best regards Benno

John seems to be more aware of that option than I was. He says it's not a possibility for several reasons:

• Their spines are rounded instead of flat, so they won't match the rest of the ArM5 line.
  • Their cost structure is much different than the softcovers, and it would mean a large price increase.
  • It requires us to spend a bunch of staff time re-setting-up the files that we're not finished doing for softcover yet.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes