Redcap Mages

I don't think people without the Gift can use Parma Magica, and I don't think the order is going to treat anyone as a full magi if they can't use Parma Magica. So, I don't see ungifted Redcaps being seen as full wizards, even if they get a bunch of non hermetic magic abilities.

That's fine in your saga, but is especially against RAW: redcaps are Mercere magi, and are members of the Order.

[quote="dwightemarsh"] I don't see ungifted Redcaps being seen as full wizards [/quote] Depends what you mean by "not full wizards". No one is confused that "a bunch of abilities" do not equal The Gift. But socially, regarding the structure of the Order, there is no general discrimination - or not by the RAW.

Page 12 states that they are "officially recognized as magi of the Order". And remember that Mercere is a True Lineage - a lot of tradition, more than with 8 other Houses. Mercere was a founder, working side-by-side with Bonisagus and Trianoma et al - that carries serious weight.

After Mercere lost his Gift, he doubled his dedication to the Order as a whole. It is, perhaps, the very fact that most RedCaps are not Gifted that allows them to be so trusted with so many confidential messages - without magical power they are not seen as a threat. And they are recognized as being more selfless than any other House, even Bonisagus.

Individual magi can have their own prejudices, but the Order was not built on power competitions, but despite them. Both tradition and practical respect give Redcaps reason to be seen as equals on a social level, if not a mystical one.