Reference Check: Magic Resistance

yeah the grogs come from the original poster asking about a method to grant magic resistance to a group of grogs in order to not affect them with spells when using forceless casting.

If this is all, there should be no need for Relics or weird initiations to Magic Might, right?

The maga protecting her grogs from her forceless casting can use her mediocre Parma 1 to 3 to give her one to three grogs MR 0. If she feels exposed with her Parma thus reduced, she only needs a familiar with some Magic Might to protect her.

1 Like

Or better yet, a familiar with faery might!

Could you tell me why you seem to imply that Faerie Might is "better" than Magic Might, in this context ?

Because I enjoy playing Merinita.

1 Like

Faerie Might has worse realm interaction than Magic.

Od not worry, I was just whimsical. Depending on the location of the adventure, Divine Might could end up being the most advantageous. But that'd be a special mystery cult...

Perhaps, but if it were possible for a Faerie Familiar to extend its glamour to generate a Faerie Aura that could potentially tip the balance. Unfortunately, I have to plead Noble's Parma as I'm currently away from my books (and never used faerie familiar rules in actual play as they seem very much inferior to standard familiars).

Oh, there are some good things, too. One of the best is for them to be able to spending Might Points to substitute for Fatigue for the magus. Combining that with Life Boost or Life-Linked Spontaneous Magic is really, really nice.

1 Like

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but based on your description I think that the Parmulae (pg 32, Houses of Hermes: True Lineages) seem like they're at least a good starting point.
Hope it helps

1 Like