Rules Contradiction for Essential Traits

I can understand you, but too the book.
Anyway the rules talk about differents types and ways to tell about magical beings, but ever like guidelines and counseling not rules rules.

Sorry, i was being needlessly lazy there. Still though, there is no real reason to expect that claim to be incorrect even if there´s very little to corroborate it either.
The degree of trade and connections between Greece and Egypt means its not a matter of "i heard this wondruous story in a really exotic land far, far away", because anyone interested could quite realistically simply have travelled there to verify the source. If the claim had been that it came from Zimbabwe, Zipang, Hyperborea or something similar, that would make it more likely a "tale". I think it feels more like scepticism for scepticisms own sake, the degree of questioning it generally is put through, all too often more because of how earlier "enthusiastic" people with an agenda has used it than due to flaws in the story itself.

Its probably pretty decently exaggerated, possibly heavily embellished and quite likely includes a lot of misunderstandings, but i very much doubt that it doesnt have a basis in real history. Because once you start looking at even outrageous faerytales, most tend to have a basis in reality, even if sometimes convoluted, odd or farfetched.

Oh i agree totally, but it was a specific reply about "Greek because of Greek origin" being wrong, not really about what i would expect for real.

Obviously, this is very Off Topic.

But this whole business of Plato's that the Atlantis myth his characters relate was sourced from a translation of ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs is much more likely to be literary invention, IMO. Sure he was inspired by something, but the actual inspiration could just as (or perhaps more) plausibly be a sandcastle he built as a child, which was washed away by the incoming tide. What the inspiration behind the text is, is unknowable.

It's a bit like taking the "A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away..." introduction to Star Wars to be an authentic claim.

Naturally you're right, in the real world. But remember that within the context of Plato's imagined "Egyptian" story the Atlanteans and the Athenians knew each other well enough to fight a war and the Atlanteans worshipped Atlas and Poseidon. It wouldn't be offbase for an AM Atlantis to speak some sort of proto Greek. Hyberborea does and there has to be SOME connection there.

Staying off topic...

Yeah, that last bit about the Star Wars into always confused my mother. Because it obviously is a Science Fiction movie, and thus futuristic. How could it have heppned long ago? And I keep reminding her that the text also says "in a galaxy far far away".