Seasonal Activities thread

The latest plans for Ulrich for 1222, reflecting his being reclaimed by Tria.

Spring: Study A Primer on Origination, raising his Creo score to 6.

Summer: Study Peering into the Aether, raising his Intellego score to 7(3).

Autumn: Learn how to lie convincingly and with passion from Tria, raising his Guile to 2.

Winter: ???.

Updating

Jacques for 1222

Spring - Explore Regio
Summer Precept duties
Fall -Off to Tournament
Winter - Read Knowing the Beast Without - LV 15 Q 11 An

1222 activities for Abagail filia Korvin
Spring : travel to Mons Electi
Summer: refining Korvin'a lab ( size +2 now). MT+2
Fall:Help with LR
Winter: begins installing greater feature MT +2

Korvin:1222
Spring - trip to Salamanca
Summer - Open Arts of Abagail
Autumn - LR for L Cr27+Co 17+In3+MT7 + MT5(Paion) + 5MT (Abagail) + 3 Int (Abagail)+Lab(+3)+Inventive Genius (3)+aura 5 +10 from Laetitia = LT 88 (Mt +2)
Winter - The Grandest Jest by Garkin ex Tytalus (Perdo Summa, Level 15, Quality 10) + 3 book learner.

What's the SQ for the doctor? I finally have a season or two to learn Chirurgy that Fiona's been putting off for years.

Oh, and the Greek that the teacher teaches - is that "modern" or ancient/Hermetic type of Greek?

AFAIK, ancient, since this is the one Appolodorus book was written in (and we hired the teacher for that purpose)

Tentative schedule for Stultus. Posting it here for comments before I move it to the spreadsheet.

1227.3: setting up a lab.
1227.4: setting up a lab.
1228.1: working on the first play for Korvin, tentatively slated to be an adaptation of Euripides' Orestes, with the themes already present in the play (conflict between the natural law and created/granted law, rebellion against the law-givers) expanded and enhanced.
1228.2: assisting Korvin in creating his LR.

He doesn't want to read "The Black Rot" yet. It's likely to affect his thinking, so when he reads "The Black Rot" he wants to give himself time to process what he's read and integrate it into his view of the world.

When Tranquillina joined Mons Electi, she moved in to one of the existing labs (i.e., she didn't have to spend two seasons setting one up, as per RAW). I might imagine that Stultus would also not have to devote two such seasons - the explanation being that Apollodorus just set up Mons Electi with a bunch of labs ready for taking over by new magi.

[strike]These should be correct except for the last. I'm not sure how to calculate this. The book just says to look at the statistics of the spell since I'm duplicating.

1227.3 - Setting up lab
1227.4 - Setting up lab
1228.1 - Touring and studying the covenant: Practice Area Lore (Mons Electi)
1228.2 - Studying 'The Stag, The Hound, and The Prince of the Seven Crowns'[/strike]

1227.3: For setting up your lab beyond what is already set up: there are lots of lab customization rules in the Covenants supplement, which quite possibly you don't have access to. Because all Mons Electi labs are a little larger than normal, you could immediately spend a season to install one of the Lab Virtues therein. Here are some categories of benefits such Virtues can confer: General Quality, Safety, Health, Aesthetics, Experimentation, Familiars, Enchanted Items, Longevity Rituals, Spell Invention, Teaching, Texts, Vis Extraction, or any Art. If you relay your top priority or two, I could suggest some possible Virtues (especially if you include an in-character detail or two about how you think your lab would look). In our RP thread, I'm about to invite you to look at Tranquillina's lab - maybe that will give some ideas.

1227.4: Perfectly reasonable. Or, we might be able to conscript one of the covenfolk to Teach you Area Lore (Mons Electi) - would probably be more XP. :smiley:

1228.1: yep 8) We do keep track of what all the magi are doing per season, so claiming dibs on a book includes checking to see whether anyone has done so already for that season. You're in the clear here. (But Alexei and Fiona seem to be in conflict over that very book in 1227.4 ... :astonished: )

1228.2: Two comments here. First, the covenant already has access to several different power levels of Aegis of the Hearth, so unless you specifically want your own version, this spell probably isn't necessary. Second, the mechanics for inventing spells are a little more complicated than this. The short version is: if you want to invent a spell from scratch (without having access to an existing lab text) in one season, your Lab Total needs to be double the level of the spell. Luckily, you get a few more things to add together to make your Lab Total. See ArM5 page 94 for the Lab Total formula, and page 95 for rules for inventing spells. (Note that our laboratories inside the regio are in a level-5 aura, but one that is "Rego-aligned", meaning that it acts like a level-10 aura where Rego activities are concerned.)

Check with JL on the +1 size. Unless you are taking over someone's lab ( and there is one open) they are normal sized. At least Jacques was. And you must spend the 3 seasons preparing the lab.

2 Seasons, jebrick. :slight_smile: And yeah, that was kind of where I was leaning. I mean, JL might decide to be nice to me when he comes back, and declare that I can take over an existing lab, but I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Also, the default Mons Electi lab is +1 Size. We had a short discussion on that in my character thread, IIRC.

Roberto entered the game in 1226.3 (I think) and set up his lab. I left off there because I was questioning what to do and investigating the death of Apollodorus. Then the tribunal, and then I ahev no idea what is going on now :laughing:
What season should I advance to, and were we assigned xp &/or vis that I forgot to claim?

Modified my plans in order to set up a proper lab. I'll get to spell invention later. The information you provided, gerg, will be very helpful. I had a feeling that the lab total would play into it somehow, but I was having trouble making sense of it. The laboratory/long-term stuff is sort of spread out in the rulebook.

Yeah, qcipher hasn't gotten around to correcting his entry yet. shrug

Wait...I still haven't? This is the third time (at least!) this has come up, I could have sworn I fixed this. Let me check. Very sorry.

Switched it to the Perdo book. The problem (as usual) for me, is that the only site I can check out at my office where I do most of my posting is the Atlas one.

Okay. Assuming no one objects to me taking over Viscaria's old lab, here's an updated schedule for Stultus.

1227.3: working on the first play for Korvin... and since it might take more than one Season, I've got to do the rolls for it now. :frowning: All right. hauls out A&A

Profession: Jongleur is not at all the same thing as Profession: Playwright, but they do intersect, especially with the way Stultus uses Jongleur. He's focused much more on words -- word choice, inflection, proper delivery, judging the audience -- than he is on physical comedy. So with the troupe's approval, I'm going to treat his Profession: Jongleur 6 as Profession: Playwright 2.

So. Com +2, Profession: Playwright 2. One third of Artes Liberales is +1, plus a roll of 1 then 7. So that's an Artistic Quality of 19. Yikes. Guess he threw himself into his work. :slight_smile:

Base time for a mystery play is 1 Season, but because the Artistic Quality is so damned high that gets pushed up to two. Two more points and it would've been three Seasons.

1227.4: finishing up the play for Korvin.

1228.1: Studying something: not quite sure what yet. Setting up the spy network will mean travelling all over hell's half acre, therefore he really needs a better method of transportation than riding around in a cart. The two magical alternatives that spring to mind are MuCo(An) for shapeshifting into birds, or ReCo for flight/teleportation. Could go with ReHe and enchant a flying carpet, too. Open to suggestions and feedback, here. :slight_smile:

1228.2: Helping Korvin with his Longevity ritual.

[strike]Autumn 1226: Journeys to join the covenant, has some altercations, starts setting up lab and sanctum (2xp Magic Theory)
Winter 1226: Finishes setting up Lab (2xp Magic Theory)
Spring 1227: Learn ReCo35 Seven League Stride from Lab Text (LT 39, 2xp Magic Theory): Mastery 1 (tbd)
Summer 1227: Tribunal
Autumn 1227: Begin Inventing new spell from scratch, ReTe 25 Wizard's Ward against Weapons (LT 40, 2xp Magic Theory); spell grants a +15 soak versus attacks from metal and stone
Winter 12287: Finish inventing the spell (2xp Magic Theory): Mastery 1 (tbd); aging roll
Spring228: Learn ReVi20 Maintain the Demanding Spell from Lab Text (2xp Magic Theory): Mastery 1 (tbd)
Summer 1228: Learn MuAn15 Doublet of Impenetrable Silk from Lab Text (1xp Magic Theory, 1xp Animal): Mastery 1 (tbd)
Autumn 1228: Lean MuHe15 Aegis of Unbreakable Wood from Lab Text (2xp Magic Theory): Mastery 1 (tbd)
Winter 1228: Learn CrIg25 Arc of Fiery Ribbons from Lab Text (2xp Magic Theory): Mastery 1 (tbd)
Spring 1229: Learn PeIm10 Hide from Prying Eys from Lab Text (1xp Imaginem, 1xp Magic Theory): Mastery 1 (tbd)
Summer 1229: Study ʺThreading the Hermetic Needleʺ (12xp Finesse)
Autumn 1229: Study ʺThreading the Hermetic Needleʺ (12xp Finesse)
Winter 1229: Study ʺThreading the Hermetic Needleʺ (12xp Finesse)

Plus Three aging rolls (1227. 28, & 29); Living Conditions -2, actual age +4, rolls of 1d10=7, 1d10=7, 1d10=6; apparent age increases 3 years[/strike]

Other than the Lab, none of these modifications have been included in my Character Sheet as of yet

Aging roll for 1227.4 : roll of 6 +6 for Age, -3 for living conditions = 9. Oh good, made it.

Autumn 1226: Journeys to join the covenant, has some altercations (5xp Normandy Lore, 5xp Intrigue
starts setting up lab and sanctum
Winter 1226: Finishes setting up Lab (2xp Magic Theory)
Aging Roll 1d10=4, +4 for current age, -2 for Living Conditions, equals 6 (apparent age +1 year)
Spring 1227: Learn ReCo35 Seven League Stride from Lab Text (LT 39, 2xp Magic Theory): Mastery 1 (Stalwart Casting)
Summer 1227: Tribunal (5xp Normandy Lore, 5xp Code of Hermes)
Autumn 1227: Learn MuAn15 Doublet of Impenetrable Silk from Lab Text
Lab Total 22 (Int +2, Magic Theory 4 (spells), Muto 3, Animal 0, Aura 5, Lab Bonus +7)
(2xp Magic Theory): Mastery 1 (Lab Mastery)
Winter 1227: Learn MuHe15 Aegis of Unbreakable Wood from Lab Text
Lab Total 25 (Int +2, Magic Theory 4 (spells), Muto 3, Herbam 3, Aura 5, Lab Bonus +7)
(2xp Magic Theory): Mastery 1 (Lab Mastery)
Aging Roll 1d10=6, +4 for current age, -2 for living conditions, equals 8 (apparent age +1 year)
Spring 1228: Notice the same fat orange cat he used to give leftover milk to back in Novus Mane, somehow it followed him here to Bibracte, and he discoveres it can talk and posesses several magical qualities). The cat was likely warped by the high aura of Novus Mane, but there is the apochryphal tale of the Orange Lineage of Magical Cats, descended from one of Flambeau's familiars. There are contradictory stories about that, and Roberto does not believe Flambeau had a familiar (but Delendos did have a cat). They come to arrangement and Robero forges a Familiar Bond with Don Diego (aka Cidito).
Familiar Bonding Lab Total: 37
Rego 8, Ignem 13, Int +2, Magic Theory 4, Aura 5 (+5 Rego)
Familiar Bonding Level: 24
9 + 25 + (-10) (Might 9, base 25, size -2)
Cord Scores: Gold +1, Silver +2, Bronze +2
2xp Magic Theory
Bond Cost: 8 Ignem (the 8 pawns that came with the deed to the Ignem vis source, as it was said I had two years accumulation of the resources yeild that I could keep).
Summer 1228: "The Alabaster Lioness"