Secondary insight and elemental magic

This storyguide*'s adjudication is, in continuation of Yair's argument, that sticking to Adv Total only is the streamlined approach, which seems in line with the edition, and that "introducing" a term, Study Total, that's non-existing in the 'Long-Term Events' chapter is more likely to bring you on slippery ground.

Completely unrelated, but just had to add that i concur with earlier posters that the effect of on of these virtues doesnt tricker the other.

In Active Service - but not with any of the two discussed flaws in play, which might or might not ensure impartiality...

I think anywhere it says "Study Total" it's meant to be "Advancement Total."

I play that you can only increase a given Art or Ability once a season from this kind of affinity bonus. So, if you had Elemental Magic and you put a point of experience in each Form, you'd get one additional point in each Form. If you had ten points of adventure experience and you put five in Aquam and five in Auram, you'd end up with six points in Aquam, six points in Auram, one point in Ignem, and one point in Terram.

Page 163 , 164 , 165 :

It is rather outrageous to insist on a blanket errata , or SG adjudication , when the RAW seems perfectly clear.
If there is no definition of Study Total in the RAW , and two Virtues have an errata to change Study Total to Advancement Total ,
can we conclude that all instances of Study Total used can be changed ,
only the Line Editor knows for certain. :stuck_out_tongue:

As to loop-triggering of XP for Secondary Insight and Elemental Magic ,
this can only happen if Adventure Experience , not Study Experience is applied.

By a strict reading of the RAW , only Study gives you the benefit of the bonus xp in both virtues.

Adventure Experience does have a Source Quality which is presumably used in an Advancement Total.
Unless the Virtue Bonus or Flaw Penalty applies to any circumstance other than Study ,
then it is not used with Adventure Experience.