Sharing your Parma Magica: How does it work?

Notice it's "Parma," not "Parma Magica." The reason I say this is that the other folds are known as "Parma X." So I read it not that you can only raise Parma Magica once in a day, but that you can have only one type of Parma in a day, meaning you cannot freely switch folds.

Probably not surprising that I agree with Tugdual's interpretation of the combination of statements as being what was intended.

Chris

First, this is about a specific possible breakthrough, not about the "basic" Parma Magica.

But I think you're just misunderstanding things.

Assuming the breakthrough, what does this mean? Once you've set on a type of parma, you're stuck with it for the sunrise/sunset, since you can only lower it, not dispell it. It's like putting your shield aside: You can be struck, but your shield is still there, bound to your arm. So if you put up a Parma Ablativa, even if it is diminished in power, you must keep it.

BUT if your parma is dispelled (your second quote) or "destroyed" in the case of the Parma Ablativa (your first quote), then you're parma-less, and may perform another Parma ritual, which, in the case of the breakthrough, may mean a different Parma Fold.

I've already pointed out this possibility above. :wink: