Com +2
Str -2
Sta +2
Dex -2
Qik 0

Virtues (cost)
Hermetic magus (0)
The gift (0)
Ways of the forest (0-major house virtue)
Cyclic magic (positve):during spring and summer season (0-minor house virtue)
Diedne magic (3)
Fast caster (1)
Good teacher (1)
Inoffensive to animals (1)
Minor magical focus:wood (1)
Self-confident (1)
Second Sight (1)
Piercing Gaze (1)

Flaws
Deficient technique: Perdo (0-major house flaw)
Dark secret (0-balancing diedne magic)
Restriction: within city walls (3)
Difficult longvity ritual (3)
Covenant upbringing (1)
Higher purpose: preserve magical realms (1)
Oak Gild emnity (1) (from Guardians of the forest, p.20)
Susceptibility to divine power (1)

Abilities (cost)
High German 5(0) local dialect
Latin 4(50) hermetic usage
Artes Liberales 1(5) ceremonial magic
Athletics 1(5) climbing
Awareness 2(15) alertness
Code of Hermes 1(5) political intrigue
Concentration 2(15) spell concentration
Finesse 1(5) fast casting
Folk ken 1(5) magi
Hunt 1(5) tracking
Magic theory 5(75) enchanting items
Order of Hermes Lore 1(5) politics
Parma Magica 1(5) mentem
Penetration 1(5) Corpus
Second Sight 2(10) regiones
Stealth 2(15) natural areas
Survivial 2(15) forests
Swim 1(5) short distances

Arts
Cr 5(15)
In 9(45)
Mu 5(15)
Pe 0
Re 5(15)
An 5(15)
Aq 0
Au 0
Co 4(10)
He 5(15)
Ig 0
Im 0
Me 0
Te 0
Vi 0

Spells
[Growling Chirping Sniffing and Enlightenment], InAn25
Purification of the festering wound, CrCo20
Converse with plant and tree, InHe25
Panic of the trembling heart, CrMe15
Hands of the grasping earth, Re(Mu)Te15
Wizards Communion, MuVi15
[Shake Free From the Spirit's Bind], ReMe5

Development:

Early childhood (0-5 years, 45xp)
Athletics 5xp
Awareness 15xp
Folk ken 5xp
Stealth 15xp
Swim 5xp

Later life (6-11 years, 90xp)
Latin 50xp
Order of Hermes Lore 5xp
Survival 15xp
Concentration 5xp
Second Sight 10xp
Hunt 5xp

Apprenticeship (240xp)
Artes Liberales 5xp
Magical theory 75xp
Concentration 10xp
Parma magica 5xp
Penetration 5xp
Finesse 5xp
Code of Hermes 5xp
130 arts

Silviatos hails from a german covenant, located deep in a forest and rather isolated, both from mundane and, though to a slightly lesser extent, from hermetic society. I will write more about his background story later but want to post his stats now for review. I also plan to write more about his druidic tradition since "druidic" can mean lot. The stats do show though that it circles mostly around growth and forstering, not around destruction.

"City walls" for the restriction was meant as an easy way of deciding where it applies or not, since it will be easy to judge that feature. If theres not enough walled cities in the surrouding, we can expand the restriction to any "greater" village or town, whatever that means. That would be more vague but ok too.

Please comment!

The combination of covenant upbringing, Diedne magic and Hedge wizard have me scratching my head a bit. So, you were born within the covenant, could be your mater or pater was actually a biological parent? My concern is that a Diedne magus wouldn't want to appear to be unusual with respect to the order. Calling undue attention to oneself as a Diedne is risky.
If you want to substitute a minor story flaw in its place I might be willing. In this case, Hedge Wizard is almost as powerful as a story flaw...

If you want an apprentice and don't want to pass your Deficient Technique down your line, I'd say you need to have a Perdo score of 10 before opening his Arts. I'm saying this because 1) you mentioned you mght want an apprentice and 2) you have at least 27 years to correct the problem.

He looks great! Excellent to have a nature wizard around, too.

I know you're focussing on putting together his stats at present, but I can't wait to find out a bit more about his personality. That's always the best bit, IMO.

Looking forward to it.
[/quote]

Diedne? Ouch.

She's a harsh mistress.

So do you think that because someone is a Hedge wizard, other "respectable" magi might look into their dealings more closely?
I was thinking that they would rather not have anything to do with a Hedge wizard. So that would be the opposite of "calling undue attention". Of course, once there are accusations, it is easier to believe that a Hedge wizard should be a Diedne than a respectable magus.

I was thinking that the combination of Hedge wizard and Oak Gild emnity (because of it and some actions from Silviatos parens) would lead to a very good motivation to leave the Rhine tribunal for a new covenant comes the time.
Of course what i did not think about is the effect of the reputation on Apollodorus. Should i nerf the Hedge wizard aspect to make Silviatos more acceptable to him?

It is possible that it could be interpreted either way. However, think about a Diedne hiding in plain sight. Would they want to stand out in any way, good or bad?

As a line trying to hide out, I think there are compelling reasons for them to conform as much as possible. Anything that sticks out as too un-Order like is subject to closer inspection, depending on how someone feels at any given point in time. Consider that Quaesitores may investigate more deeply, because of a hedge tradition if they'll investigate wild animal attacks when there's a Bjorner in the area, to be sure the Bjorner isn't the cause of it.

Oak gild emnity by itself is sufficient to leave the Rhine Tribunal, in my mind. I'm not against you keeping Hedge Wizard, I'm just not sure how close you want to play in being on the edge of discovery. Oh, and don't forget you're wrathful (major). When someone calls you a hedge wizard, and you take their head off (figuratively) make threats, etc. That's just inviting investigation.

It can be fun, but I'm just explaining how I see your flaws interacting to make things difficult for your character. You may or may not be intending for that...

Would it be ok to substitute Hedge Wizard and Wrathful (major) for Pagan and Wrathful (minor)?
The only minor story flaw i would find halfway fitting would be Visions and we already have that once.
Pagan is much more fitting to Slviatos and should have no direct impact on his hermetic standing.

Sigh, had a long text snipped because of computer problems, here we go again, alas a bit shorter i am afraid:

Edited the orginal post to get rid of Wrathful (major) and Hedge magic for Dificult longvity ritual and Higher purpose.

Silviatos grew up in an old german covenant situated deep in a magical forest. If he was born there he does not know, but he does not remember living in any other place. His mother died on childbed, so he was told, and he father was a travelling vagabound.
His parens often took him on long journeys through the forest, where he would see many magical wonders. But they did not frighten him for he knew no different. His parens told him about the secret of their magical tradition and that they would get killed by their magical brothers should those find out and it shocked him. He taught him about the mundane men and their endeavours to bring down the forests to make room for their farmland and their churches and it made him wary.

After finishing his apprenticeship, Silviatos remained at his parens covenant for a few more years but then curiousity gained the better of him. He travelled around the tribunal as a wandering magus for a few years, trading the vis he had gathered at his former covenant for shelter and studying. He even visited the grand library of Durenmar twice.

Finally, he settled in a covenant or rather a chapter house, after the tribunal of 1207. The founding of a new covenant was vetoed by some older covenants so Durenmar decided to sponsor a chapter house. Silviatos became part of it. Alas, it was a disaster. Durenmar dominated and bossed them around, favouring their old apprentices, of which there were about half of the covenant, in the process. Soon, Silviatos was looking for a better place to settle. Apollodorus' offer came just at the right time. Besides writing letters he even visited him and the site, making sure it would be a change for the better and what he saw did not disappoint him. The quarrels about his right to train an apprentice, which was guaranteed to him by the Code of Hermes, were the last nail in the coffin.
So at odds with the established forces of the rhine tribunal, Silviatos bade farewell to his covenant and the tribunal, looking for a fresh start at a new home.

Silviatos personality:
Friendly at heart, he is wary of both mundane and hermetic society and takes some time to get warm with others. "Wrong" behaviour in his eyes only confirms that waryness easily.
Protecting magical places and animals (especially the forests which are the back and bone of magical presence on earth) is his top priority. He can be very resolute in that aspect, though he is no fanatic.

I wonder if there's any chance our characters might have crossed paths?

I'm thinking Silviatos and Fiona can probably share stories of how their old covenants screwed them over a couple of mugs of home-made whisky. (which then raises the question, how many stills will Fiona have to drain to get her to open up :laughing: )

Entirely plausible, and up to you guys. They could even arrive together. Although, that may not work out very well, as you and zlorfik might have different posting rates.

Advancement through the first 8 years (up until age 34, so no aging yet).

30 seasons of study (300 xp):
63 xp in Herbam (raise from 5 to 12)
30 xp in magic theory (raise from 5 to 6)
51 xp in Creo (raise from 5 to 11)
21 xp in Intellego (raise from 9 to 11)
40 xp in Muto (raise from 5 to 10)
40 xp in Rego (raise from 5 to 10)
30 xp in Teaching (gain Teaching 3, specialize in single student)
15 xp in Vim (raise from 0 to 5)
10 xp in Finesse (raise from 1 to 2)

1 season to find a suitable familiar (Wise owl of the forest)
1 season to bind the familiar: Intellego Herbam lab total: In 11 He 12 MT 6 Int 3 Aura 3 = 35 Forge cords: golden cord +1, silver cord 0, bronze cord +3

Advancement through years 9-13 (up until age 39):

20 seasons of study (200 xp):
25 xp in Parma magica (raise from 1 to 3)
45 xp in Corpus (raise from 4 to 10)
40 xp in Animal (raise from 5 to 10)
55 xp in Aquam (raise from 0 to 10)
25 xp in Artes Liberales (raise from 1 to 3)
10 xp in Penetration (raise from 1 to 2)

5 aging rolls at (stress die) + 4 (age/10 rounded up) - 1 (living condition modifier) - 3 (bronze cord): [aging rolls for age 35-39 (1d10=3, 1d10=10, 1d10=9, 1d10=1, 1d10=9)] + [aging roll at age 38, second roll for stress die result 1 (1d10=5)]

So apparent age +4 and 1 aging point in Strength.

Advancement for year 14 and 15 (up until age 41):

4 seasons of study (40 xp):
12 xp in Creo (raise from 11 to 12)
28 xp in Auram (raise from 0 to 7)

2 seasons to teach the familiar magical theory: Com +2 + teaching 4 + good teacher 5 + 3 + single student 6 = 20 - magical might 17= 3 xps each (familiar gains magical theory at 1, specialization "echanting items")
1 season to create a longvity ritual for himself: Creo 12 + Corpus 10 + Int 3 + MT 6 + aura 3 + Int (familiar) 2 + MT (familiar) 1 + non-standard Lab routines (Nocturnal + Overtime) 5 = 42 / 2 (difficult longvity ritual) = 21 (effect: -5 on aging rolls)
1 season to empower the familiar bond: The gift of vigor ReCo20 (or in this case rather ReAn(Co)20 i think). Usable once per day, at touch range, so level 20. Rego 10 + Animal 10 + Int 3 + MT 6 + aura 3 + Int (familiar) 2 + MT (familiar) 1 + non-standard Lab routines (Nocturnal + Overtime) 5 = 40

1 aging roll at (stress die) + 4 (age/10 rounded up) - 1 (living condition modifier) - 3 (bronze cord): [aging roll for age 40 (1d10=2)]
1 aging roll at (stress die) + 5 (age/10 rounded up) + 2 (from non-standard lab routines) - 1 (living condition modifier) - 3 (bronze cord) - 5 (longvity ritual): [aging roll for age 41 (1d10=1)] + [aging roll for age 41, second roll for stress dies result 1 (1d10=6)]

So apparent age +1 and 1 aging point in Dexterity

Advancement through years 16 to 24 (up to age 50):

36 seasons of study (360 xp):
55 xp in Perdo (raise from 0 to 10)
27 xp in Auram (raise from 7 to 10)
55 xp in Ignem (raise from 0 to 10)
55 xp in Imaginem (raise from 0 to 10)
55 xp in Mentem (raise from 0 to 10)
55 xp in Terram (raise from 0 to 10)
40 xp in Vim (raise from 5 to 10)
15 xp in Philosophiae (gain Philosophiae 2, specialize in ceremonial magic)
3 xp in Second sight

9 aging rolls at (stress die) + 5 (age/10 rounded up) - 1 (living condition modifier) - 3 (bronze cord) - 5 (longvity ritual): [aging rolls for age 42-50 (1d10=1, 1d10=10, 1d10=3, 1d10=7, 1d10=9, 1d10=1, 1d10=3, 1d10=3, 1d10=9)] + [aging rolls at age 42 and 47, second roll for stres die result 1 (1d10=10, 1d10=7)]

So apparent age + 5, 1 aging point in Perception and in Intelligence

Advancement through years 25 to 30 (up to age 56):

15 seasons of study (150 xp):
11 xp in Muto (raise from 10 to 11)
11 xp in Rego (raise from 10 to 11)
11 xp in Corpus (raise from 10 to 11)
35 xp in Finesse (raise from 2 to 4)
15 xp in Penetration (raise from 2 to 3)
12 xp in Second sight (raise from 2 to 3)
10 xp in Order of Hermes lore (raise from 1 to 2)
10 xp in Code of Hermes (raise from 1 to 2)
30 xp in French (gain French 3, specialize in local dialect)
5 xp in Parma magica

1 season to find a suitable apprentice
1 season to open his arts
2 seasons to teach him since

1 season to prepare a compound item for enchantment (major component a wooden staff so cost 8 pawns of vis)
1 season to attune said item as a talisman
1 season to further prepare the talisman for more enchantments (12 pawns of vis for a total of 20 pawns invested because of magical theory 6, current potential limit 24 (Cr 12 + He 12)), open to attunement Muto + 5 from mercury component
1 season to invest power: Wood that neither Bends Nor Breaks MuHe(Te) 14 R: Per D: Sun T: Ind base 4+2 Sun, Modifications +1/2 day, Environmental Trigger +3 (cost 2 pawns of vis), open to attunement Rego + 2 from magnetite stone component
1 season to invest power: Gift of the dragons fortitude MuCo 35, R: Per D:Sun T:Ind base 25(for +5 soak) + 2 Sun, Modifications +1 for usable 2/day (cost 4 pawns of vis), lab total: Mu 11 + Co 11 + focus 11 + Int 3 + MT 7 + Aura 3 + Form & Shape bonus 7 + Talisman 5 + Int (familiar) 2 + MT (familiar) 2 + cyclic magic (positive) 3 + Int and MT (apprentice) at least 2 + non-standard lab routines (nocturnal and overtime) 5 = 72, open to attunement Intellego +2 from silver component

6 aging rolls at (stress die) + 6 (age/10 rounded up) - 1 (living condition modifier) - 3 (bronze cord) - 5 (longvity ritual), the last roll at an additional - 2 (nocturnal and overtime lab routine): [aging rolls for age 51-56 (1d10=8, 1d10=1, 1d10=8, 1d10=5, 1d10=2, 1d10=3)] + [aging roll for age 52, second roll for stress die result 1 (1d10=5)]

So apparent age +3 for a total apparent age of 47.

Final character sheet:

Silviatos ex Miscellanea

Int +3 (1)
Per +1 (1)
Pre 0
Com +2
Str -2 (1)
Sta +2
Dex -2 (1)
Qik 0

Decrepitude: 0 (4)

Wizards Sigil: Resin (either the smell or its tenacity or anything else)

Virtues (cost)
Hermetic magus (0)
The gift (0)
Ways of the forest (0-major house virtue)
Cyclic magic (positve):during spring and summer season (0-minor house virtue)
Diedne magic (3)
Fast caster (1)
Good teacher (1)
Inoffensive to animals (1)
Minor magical focus:wood (1)
Self-confident (1)
Second Sight (1)
Piercing Gaze (1)

Flaws
Deficient technique: Perdo (0-major house flaw)
Dark secret (0-balancing diedne magic)
Restriction: within city walls (3)
Difficult longvity ritual (3)
Covenant upbringing (1)
Higher purpose: preserve magical realms (1)
Oak Gild emnity (1) (from Guardians of the forest, p.20)
Susceptibility to divine power (1)

Abilities (cost)
High German 5(0) local dialect
Latin 4(50) hermetic usage
French 3(30) local dialect
Artes Liberales 3(30) ceremonial magic
Athletics 1(5) climbing
Awareness 2(15) alertness
Code of Hermes 2(15) political intrigue
Concentration 2(15) spell concentration
Finesse 4(50) fast casting
Folk ken 1(5) magi
Hunt 1(5) tracking
Magic theory 6(105) enchanting items
Order of Hermes Lore 2(15) politics
Parma Magica 3(35) mentem
Penetration 3(30) Corpus
Philosophiae 2(15) ceremonial casting
Second Sight 3(30) regiones
Stealth 2(15) natural areas
Survivial 2(15) forests
Swim 1(5) short distances
Teaching 3(30) single student

Arts
Cr 12(78)
In 11(66)
Mu 11(66)
Pe 10(55)
Re 11(66)
An 10(55)
Aq 10(55)
Au 10(55)
Co 11(66)
He 12(78)
Ig 10(55)
Im 10(55)
Me 10(55)
Te 10(55)
Vi 10(55)

Spells
[Growling Chirping Sniffing and Enlightenment], InAn25
Purification of the festering wound, CrCo20
Converse with plant and tree, InHe25
Panic of the trembling heart, CrMe15
Hands of the grasping earth, Re(Mu)Te15
Wizards Communion, MuVi15
[Shake Free From the Spirit's Bind], ReMe5

Familiar:
Wise owl of the forest
Magical might 17, Size -4, Int +2
Magical theory 1(6) enchanting items
Powers
Immobolize Prey ReMe(An) effect at 15 levels, costs 2 might points.
Gift of Tongues -can communicate with anyone so long as they are fluent in the language

Talisman:
Major component:

1. staff of cedar tree, struck by lightning (8 pawns of vis: large 4 x wood 2)
    Minor components:
  2. a tiny ball of silver on top (6 pawns: tiny 1 x silver 6)
  3. filled with mercury (6 pawns: tiny 1 x (mercury was called liquid silver in the middle ages) 6)
  4. inlays of magnetite stone (4 pawns: tiny 1 x hard stone 4)
  5. amber (3 pawns: tiny 1 x soft stone 3)
  6. and basalt (4 pawns: tiny 1 x hard stone 4)
    Opened for enchantment for a total of 20 pawns of vis, 6 of them used:
    Wood that neither Bends Nor Breaks MuHe(Te) 14 R: Per D: Sun T: Ind base 4+2 Sun, Modifications +1 for usable 2/day, Environmental Trigger +3
    Gift of the dragons fortitude MuCo 35, R: Per D:Sun T:Ind base 25(for +5 soak) + 2 Sun, Modifications +1 for usable 2/day
    Attunements:
    Muto +5, Rego +2, Intellego +2