Simple tool for improvisation and roleplaying in ARS

Cool tool.

Probably not, it´s a too old of a classic, but the point of it should still get through fine i think as long as everyone knows you only find penguins in one place on earth and that that most certainly isn´t a place you find in Europe.

Oh and BTW, the source of the original is "Ranma 1/2"(or it might come from a fanfic based on it, lost boy is just too fun and tends to get screentime, but there certainly are real quotes along that line). Totally recommended to anyone who wants something funny to watch.

Ryoga heading out for the open plot behind his house:
youtube.com/watch?v=KBLMKBTSlFQ
It only took him 4 days to get there, although Ranma got tired and left after just 3 days the dastardly villain(it´s all his fault anyway). :mrgreen:

This series is what first got my friend to realise that anime had a lot of fun to offer. Me? i´m up at around 4200 episodes of anime seen after first taking notice of it about 5-6 years ago(and that in turn got me started on first reading (a lot) and then even writing at fanfiction.net, something i had never thought i would even be able of doing ( its amazing how you can find hundreds of good stories there, a decent amount is so good they might as well have come from published books, and a few of the authors there actually are real published authors using the place for practise hehe).
Anyway, i´ve found anime to be a wonderful contrast to the common tv series and movies.

I dont recall who, but someone on the forum has a link to it in their signature. It´s very useful and can handle quite complex subroutines while at the same time being one of the simplest to use table randomisers i´ve dealt with. I´m in the process of making a random name file for it that is becoming freaky huge and taking a ridiculous amount of time because i´m trying to include names from as many regions/cultures as i can.

Yup, managed a good one there, nice, short and catchy(not to mention suitably tetchy :stuck_out_tongue: ).
Tried to come up with something for a few more but had much less luck with them. Maybe i can add some later.

There are guidelines against it. Not that that ever stopped us from using any V/F. Grogs going a bit extreme isn´t a downside in my eyes at least.

Not the first time I do this. I populated a whole grand tribunal with people from the forums and ars authors. My pklayers think that the head librarian of Durenmar and editor of the Florilogian (or whatever is called) is an ass since he twarted their efforts once. His name is Davidus Carta. Still the best characters were Garou ex Tytalus, a 75 year old magus of Swedish stock and Johannes Postus ex Guernicus, that made a grand entry in the bathroom of my house where a heated debate on non hermetic magical traditions was raging and claimed that they all were just upstart apprentices that had NO IDEA about hedge magic. That caused a debate with Gremlin Merinitae that raged into the second grand tribunal they assisted. In the second one they learned to hate the holy magician power block lead by Alexius Albus and Davidus Carta kept troubling them since he did not like their idea of creating a separate brand new tribunal. Garou (now the primus of tytalus) liked it since he thought it was a great idea and sup`ported it, as did Gremlin Merinitae and a few other forum members. They ended up getting their way, but they had to suffer to get it and only spending around 40 pawns of vis in certamen won the day in the end.

Cheers,
Xavi

... and in my Iberian saga, Xavi is a very popular redcap. He plays a magical quitaar with various mentem effects, is terrifically good looking, with a long impressive mustache, and regularly gets into trouble with the daughters of tavern-keepers and nobles alike. But if you need a redcap to go investigate rumors of supernatural strangeness, he's your man. He even made an appearance at Grand Tribunal America 2010, when his investigations ran him afoul of a faerie's machinations and got him turned into a standing stone. The players went to investigate, and chaos ensued....

--Firthfive of the Forest

Good use of awsome names guys :stuck_out_tongue:
I'll consider using forum names as well from now on. Some won't do in my saga though... Christian Andersen would remind people of H.C.Andersen the author and Direwolf might be too suspicious. Plus Xavi will without doubt have the players thinking about soccer right away. Especially after that dreadfull session in my Finland Saga, where i forgot my Finnish names sheet and constantly improvised finnish names from winter sports... Janne Ahonnen is still in the saga reminding me of that night :laughing:

Regarding creating a play-aid:

Please note that you should definitely clear anything like this with the Nephews. You don't want to step on any copyright toes! As far as I know they are very happy with fan-generated materials, but you definitely want to run it by them.

:slight_smile:

That reminds me, i was thinking of doing random name files for ArsM(for Tablesmith), but i dropped it for the simple reason that i couldnt come up with enough names by region(or at all), if you or anyone can pop up a list of names to use, i could get something done (my modern random name table is so overly ambitious it´s going to take forever(hopefully not) but something for regular AM would cover a much smaller part of the world so it should be much easier to do). Just a thought if you have name sheets like that for more than one area.

And Direwolf? No no no! Totally suspicious indeed! Use Digr-Ulf, Bjarnulf (bearwolf) or something instead. :mrgreen:

The thing is that the rest of my troupe reads the forum sometimes, so they know who you all are :wink: This is why they like it. Think about making an appearance in a paramount comedy sketch

I like that Xavi of your saga, firth5 :smiley: Sounds like the "too curious for his own good" maverick that acts as a saga hook. Cool.

Xavi

Definetely going to do that, as soon as something starts to look like a product (if it ever will). Right now its just a word-dokument and some words in a forum though...
But yeah I don't want to cause trouble for myself or the Nephews over this.

Not a bad idea, although i kind of like my paper sheets :slight_smile: If you're really up to it, you should create a new forum thread and ask for lists! I'm sure that there are quite a few out there. I should be able to find some old lists for Finland and Scotland at least and I'd be happy to share them.

I'll try some variants of your name, but I'm pretty sure they will believe you are a Bjornaer no matter what :stuck_out_tongue:

I like that notion Xavi :slight_smile:
When are your promised comments for the system coming btw?
Did you fall asleep in the train to Madrid? :stuck_out_tongue:

No. I was working on an air freight document. Oh the wonders of having to work in your free time, heh. Will look into it today. promise.

Xavi

OK, gave it a roll at coffee break.

As said, it looked promising and IMO it can work great. I would throw in some more personality flaws (give them more slots in the system, since slightly deranged people always make for great roleplaying possibilities. Still, that would leave physical flaws in the minority (one deck or deck & half) so it might be a little bit extreme.

Now, a "how it works" explanation could be somewhat better. I think the system is to draw 2 cards, not one. One for a virtue and one for a flaw 8this is what I would do, at least) so not only draw and take a virtue into consideration. In fact I think this is what you are doing in the first place :slight_smile:

I would specify that they are poker cards. The spanish/french deck is somewhat different in design. it could be used as well, but in order not to mix things up it is better to specify it is a poker deck.

As a side idea, it could be cool to play with the body humors, since there are 4 of them as well and it would have a medieval feel to it.

Using tarot cards could be an option as well? No idea, since I have never had a tarot card deck myself, so do not have much idea on how the deck is constructed in the first place.

the quotes you are adding look amazing :slight_smile:

A pair of suggestions:

I prefer "I think you are mistaken sir. Those look EXACTLY like the kids we are looking for."

8 Troupe Upbringing
“Now, we can jump from that pole to that window pane, and then flip over to the chariot when it passes under us. Easy”

9 Well-Traveled
“He seems to be talking some version of low German I once heard in Ghent.”

10 Faerie Blood
“Wow. The grass around here is green. Weird”

Queen Arcane Lore
“.”
Ace Ways of the Land
“They were here. There was a fuight. They moved that way, dodged, ran... and entered into the enchanted forest.”

2 Affinity With Ability
“I always seemed to do better than my peers here. Seems this activity was in my blood”

3 Catious With Ability
“Watch out! Phew! Careful next time, dude”

5 Puissant Ability
“I always seemed to do better than my peers here. Seems this activity was in my blood”

6 Improved Characteristics
“Well, not everybody us as blessed in life.”

King Free Expression
“If you would allow me some of your time, I can sing you a song you have never heard before”

Cheers,
Xavi

Didn't mean to put any pressure on you Xavi :slight_smile: Only 'cause you yourself told me not to post any new versions until you had a chance to reply :stuck_out_tongue:

Bjarnulf,
Look no further than here:
s-gabriel.org/names/

The lists are organized by language, region, religion, century, and often frequency of use.
Whenever I plan a saga arc, I print out a few lists of the surrounding regions and take it from there....

(For mage names I think of personality traits and/or interesting objects in nature, then look up the latin words, then use variants of those. The names will often trigger the personality for me when I need to quickly remember how a specific Mage NPC behaves. A mage named latin for "lightning" would behave differently than "calm sea.")

Thanks, and thanks.
I tried really hard to keep things in one deck, and I would prefer to keep it like that. But I do agree that the personality stuff often leads to the most amusing stories.

Duly noted. My intensions were that the tool could be used for a great number of things, and I was trying to encourage people to be creative. Threw in a few examples to help the imagination, rather than a step-by-step explanation which I fear would limit the flexibility of how people used it. But if the reader is left wondering how to use the deck, it's no good. I'll try to elaborate discreetly :slight_smile: And yeah, one of my examples uses a 'draw 2 cards'-method.

I honestly didn't know there was a spanish/french deck. Only that some decks didn't use the lower numbers and only played with 7 and up or something like that. So thanks for the information - I'll add that to my text, in order to keep things clear.

Actually I have been toying with just that. And actually also the 4 seasons of a Covenant. As well as the 4 realms! And when posting tomorrow, you'll see that I'm now using the 12 founders for Jacks/Queens/Kings :slight_smile: But i had to stop somewhere since just the process of dividing up and grouping the virtues/flaws was a major achievement in its own right (that probably I alone appreciate since I went through it :open_mouth: ). I just couldn't wrap my head around more than mathcing virtues/flaws, with their type, taking major/minor into account and making the numbers and suits add up. Relating all virtues/flaws to realms and humours would mean scrambling them again, and it would never add up i think. Alternate groupings are possible, but you've got to make a choice somewhere.
Btw. I love the notion of the 4 bodily humours and readily use it in my games although the rest of the troupe find it ridicoulus :slight_smile:

Tarot decks are beautifull and has an appropriate design for such a thing. Originally i wanted to use a deck of tarot cards I gave my girlfriend years ago, but I decided to go for a normal (poker) deck, since this was more likely to be used. Whenever i think of the beautiful illustrations and the nice feel of those cards, I'm a bit sad i didn't go that way though - they have the Mythic Europe feel about them for sure.

Thanks Xavi! And many thanks for lending me a hand on the quotes.

I've tried the link in the thread, but I get an .xps file and I'm not sure what to do with it. I'd love to review and contribute too.

Fragile Constitution - bones that break with the slightest fall, they call him Mr Glass.
Motion Sickness - Wilheim's pallor quickly turned while, matching the churn through the rough water.

Hi ironboundtome

The file can be opened with Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you're currently on a Mac it might not work though (based on an earlier post)...
Let me know if you still have issues with the file, and I'll try to opload differently.

Thanks for the contributions!
I especially like the second one, which really reminds me of a grim kids verse or a qoute from Gloom.
So far I've tried to do all the qoutes from a first person point of view, however and I prefer it like that if possible.
I've added the second one as an option on the qoute list nevertheless because of its potential :smiley:

I still haven't had the time to do any layout on the cards, and I probably won't get it done any time soon...

But for my own private 'handout-notes-in-plastic-covers' version of cards I've done some quick messy sketches based on the on the illustrations on the cover of the Ars Magica Core Rulebook. I thought it would be nice if the card illustrations would fit the Ars Magica feel - and also preferably match the Core Rulebook. Since that's what the deck is refering to, and that's where it all started after all.

So instead I have been focused on making quotes for all of the flaws, as well as improving some of the virtue-quotes. I'm not equally happy with the quotes as they are right now, but at least each virtue/flaw has a related one... Hopefully I can improve some of the weaker ones (possibly with your help), when I get some inspiration or when looking at them with fresh eyes. It's really tough just beginning from one end of a list of over 100 quotes and just force them out one at a time :open_mouth:
Some of the virtues/flaws have more than one option as it is right now. Some because I want to get back to them to find a better one - other's because theres more than one option that I'm happy with. Got a bit carried away with the Afflicted Tongue one for instance :stuck_out_tongue: I was tired and needed a good laugh, and suddenly everything was funny :laughing:

Anyways, you'll find the lists below, and as always you're comments and critique is more than welcome.
(- sorry about all the colors btw, but I believe navigating in this post would be kind of difficult without them)

Illustrated Card Faces
Jokers
Red1 = Demon Giant-Blooded|Dwarf
Red2 = Angel Greater Immunity/- Purifying Touch|Greater Malediction
Black1 = Faerie Strong Faerie Blood|Age Quickly
Black2 = Dragon Shapeshifter|Doppelganger
Hearts
Jack = Mercere
Queen = Jerbiton
King = Bonisagus
Diamonds
Jack = Verditius
Queen = Pralix
King = Guernicus
Spades
Jack = Criamon
Queen = Merinitae
King = Flambaeu
Clubs
Jack = Tremere
Queen = Bjornaer
King = Tytalus

Quote List(under construction)

[u]Virtues[/u]

Hearts
2 Luck
“Phew! Good thing somebody put a haystack under that tower window.”
3 Intuition
“He fled out the back, threw away his coat, stole a horse and rode southwest… - just a hunch.”
4 Clear Thinker
“So when the merchant said he knew a man who had grown rich because of those lucky charms he sold… I knew him to be telling the truth and I broke the barter.”
5 Strong-Willed
“I’m not going. I’m not!”
“I think you are mistaken sir, those look exactly like the kids we’re looking for.”
6 Self-Confident
“I’ll handle this!”
7 Inspirational
“A day may come when the courage of men fails - but it is not this day!”
8 Famous
“I’m trying my best to exceed my impressive reputation, but alas – I repeatedly fail to so.”
9 Piercing Gaze
“I don’t need to beat it out of him. Give me two minutes with him between four eyes, and I’ll know the truth alright.”
10 Gossip
“I know. I knooow. Tell me about it. I know. Seriously?”
Jack Social Contacts
“Well, I happen to know this guy, who I believe, might know just the fellow, which could bring us to that man.”
Queen Venus’ Blessing
“Psst. Hide me. Quick. Please. If she asks I’m not here. I never was. Shhh.”
King True Love
“What a beautiful day! With the birds and the colors and all. I feel like spending the day with snowflakes and rainbows and unicorns!”
Ace True Faith/Guardian Angel
“I’ll not succumb to your threats; if I’m meant to survive this, God will help me.”

Diamonds
2 Protection
“Before you do that Sire, may I ask if you’ve ever had the chance to meet my dear friend; the Dean of Canterbury.”
3 Privileged Upbringing
“No servants? What kind of barbaric place is this?” – DIREWOLF75
4 Educated
“See the vacant stare of those peasants over there? – That’s what happens if you don’t pay attention in Grammar class.”
“Some of those farmers can’t even spell Codex Luris Canonici.”
5 Student of Divine/Infernal
“Without knowledge of heaven and hell; how can you expect to steer you course?”
6 Relic
“Why this is a splinter of the bone, between the two outer joints, of the little finger, of the great St. Christopher himself.”
7 Warrior
“Warhammers readyyyyy! … - what? I though everyone brought one…”
8 Troupe Upbringing
“I’m an entertainer not a warrior… I might be able to break his funny bone though.”
“Now, we can jump from the pole, to that window pane, and then flip over to the chariot when it passes under us. Easy” - Xavi
9 Well-Traveled
“Ah, the Green Dragon Inn – Home sweet home.”
“He seems to be talking some version of Low German I once heard in Ghent.” - Xavi
10 Faerie Blood
“That my good friend is a Dingle Hopper.”
“Wow! The grass in this place is green. Weird…”- Xavi
Jack Student of Faerie/Magic
“Why study law and grammar when the world is full of wonders?”
Queen Arcane Lore
“So a saint, a succubus, a basilisk and a brownie walks into a bar…”
King Latent Magical Ability
“Wondrous things seem to happen around me all the time. If only I knew why?”
Ace Ghostly Warder/Death Prophecy
“I don’t fear death – I know what awaits me on the other side.”

Spades
2 Long-Winded
“You see John? Swimming, eating and whistling is a great combination… John?”
3 Enduring Constitution
“It’s just a flesh wound!”
4 Rapid Convalescence
“I’ll be riding again in a week – that leg will grow back in no time.”
5 Tough
“Spotted Horse cannot be killed be a bullet!”
6 Large
“Do these chain mails come in XXL?”
7 Reserves of Strength
“Just keep still while I lift this horse of your leg, sir.”
8 Great Strength/Stamina
“Thick as a log – my commander used to say.”
9 Great Dexterity/Quickness
“Quiet as a shadow. Light as a feather. Smooth as summer silk.”
10 Perfect Balance
“It’s not like I can balance on the tip of a sword... I’d need two or three.”
Jack Light Touch
“Hey guard – here’s your sword back, I don’t need it anymore.”
Queen Lightning Reflexes
“Well off course I knocked him out – he tapped me on the shoulder!”
King Unaging
“It seems 50 is the new 20.”
Ace Ways of the Land
“The land cares for my every need, and in turn I care for the land.”
“They were here. There was a fight. They moved that way, dodged, ran… and entered into the enchanted forest.” – Xavi/Aragorn

Clubs
2 Affinity With Ability
“Creating draperies out of canine intestines just always came easy to me.”
3 Catious With Ability
“Don’t worry; I rarely fail twice in a row.”
4 Learn Ability from Mistakes
“I’ll get it right this time.”
5 Puissant Ability
“I’m the best at what I do (but what I do best isn’t very nice).”
6 Improved Characteristics
“Harder-better-faster-stronger!”
7 Great Presence/Communication
“Watch him smile; and you’ll melt like butter… Cover your eyes, and he’ll talk your pants off instead.”
8 Great Intelligence/Perception
“But if you’ve been sleeping during tonight’s riot; why is there a smudge of ash on your left foot?”
9 Keen Vision
“From your teeth alone I can tell you had porridge with apples and berries, right?”
10 Sharp Ears
“So tell me; why are two black-clad gentlemen such as yourselves sitting in a dark corner whispering about a necklace?”
Jack Apt Student
“So from what you’re saying; the answer must be half the radius squared! – Master; I thought you said you didn’t know this answer to this one yet.
Queen Good Teacher
“I am a far better teacher than any I’ve ever studied under myself... Unfortunately this means that my students surpass my knowledge that much quicker I suppose.”
King Free Expression
“Truly inspired art is when you stare at your own piece with wonder and horror.”
“If you would lend me some of your time, I can sing you a song you have never heard before”- Xavi
Ace Wealthy
“Off course money can buy you love. Along with everything else, I might add.”

[u]Flaws[/u]

Hearts
2 Avaricious
“4066… 4067… 4068…”
3 Greedy/Lecherous/Compulsion/Weakness
“My Preciousss.”
4 Delusion/Obsessed/Oversensitive
“I was Best Man at the Popes wedding you know.”
5 Fear
“Gaaah! Get that bloodthirsty frog away from me!”
6 Hatred/Wrathful
“… Pain, lots of pain!”
7 Reckless
“Auch! - maybe I shouldn’t have brawled that huge rapid Hedgehog…”
8 Depressed/Pessimistic/Lost Love
“This will all end in tears, I just know it.”
9 Carefree/Optimistic
“Lighten up, the mud is only neck deep – and maybe those crocodiles can help us with the shackles!”
10 Compassionate/Soft-Hearted
“I can’t believe no one told me mutton was a sheep! I will never eat again…”
“Maybe we could have tried talking to the assaulting berserkers instead of fighting them!”
Jack Meddler/Busybody
“Guess who I saw stealing a glance at the apprentice’s tower today?”
Queen Humble
“It was nothing really - anyone would have pulled you from that river of lava.”
King Generous
“Here take my boots, I don’t like footwear anyway.”
Ace Envious
“I should be sitting in that throne!”

Diamonds
2 Proud/Overconfident
“I could have ended the Crusades in three weeks, had they sent me.”
3 Ambitious/Driven/Higher Purpose
“Voting for me as Covenant leader I guarantee you, that I shall become the greatest sorcerer that ever walked this earth! … - oh, and world peace.”
4 Pious/Dutybound
“Of course I should have seconds, and thirds. Why else would God have shown Jesus the miracle of the five loaves and the two fish?”
5 Prohibition/Vow
“If you have taken a vow of Poverty, can you change it to say Celibacy if you happen to stumble upon a really nice treasure?”
6 Reclusive
“This better be good – for your sake!”
7 Continence/Temperance
“I have many dislikes, but no likes in particular.”
8 Non-Combatant
“I’m brave enough to hide behind even the smallest of men when faced with battle.”
9 Judged Unfairly
“Ahem. Excuse me sir. Excuse me! - Sir if you would only… Sigh. Never mind.”
10 Nocturnal
“Yes captain I do work best at night, but it’s still only evening yet and I am a B-person.”
Jack Poor Memory
“What was your name again Sir King.”
Queen Weak-Willed
“Why is it always me that gets rubbed with honey when we hunt for bears?”
King Low Self-Esteem
“I’m going through my own personal Dark Ages here.”
Ace Simple Minded/Short Attention Span
“It’s not that I can’t finish a sentence, it’s just... uhm... I mean... good talk.”

Spades
2 Fragile Constitution
“I’m afraid I might never recover from that knee-abrasion incident.”
3 Arthritis/Hunchback/Lame
“As a kid I was always horribly slow… now it’s even worse.”
4 Clumsy/Palsied Hands
“No please, have someone else hold the torch – for all our sakes!”
5 Missing Ear/Missing Eye/Missing Hand
“Well not all three of the above – I’m not a bloody pirate!”
6 Poor Eyesight
“Günther was is? What a strange name for a young girl.”
7 Poor Hearing
“It was a large war band. With drums. I’m sorry captain but I just didn’t hear them coming.”
8 Motion Sickness
“Hi there Stablemaster, I’m looking for a horse that can moonwalk.”
“Willem’s pallor quickly turned while matching the churn through the rough water”. - ironboundtome
9 Small Frame
“I’m not skinny - I’m just small boned!”
10 Obese
“It just takes a while longer for me to feel full… And longer still before I stop eating.”
Jack Poor Characteristic
“My mom used to say, that I was born under an unlucky star.”
Queen Weak Characteristics
“The midwife though I was born with a Golden Spoon up my ass… but when they finally got it out, it turned out to be a wooden fork.”
King Blind/Deaf/Mute
“No I ‘m not one of the Three Wise Monkeys”
Ace Crippled/Enfeebled/No Hands
“Don’t shoot me, I’m unarmed...”

Clubs
2 Covenant Upbringing/Faerie Upbringing
“Greetings Mrs. Goose! -would you kindly show me to the prince of this odd stone forest?”
“Do pigs fly? – He asked me. And when I answered ‘Sometimes they do”, he slapped me!?”
3 Feral Upbringing/Sheltered Upbringing
“The Priest told me that greed was the root of all evil, but I don’t even know this evil plant…”
4 Ability Block
“Excuse me Sir; you wouldn’t happen to have this book with only illustrations?”
5 No Sense of Direction
“Could you show me the road that leads to Rome please?”
6 Afflicted Tongue
“Hwhy isn’t my thwusty Aura of Hwrightful Auhwowity hworking Hwhite?
“Please, if it was a shower spell, why would it be named Call of the Wushing Waters?
“Stop asking ‘great what?’, I told you the spell is called The Gweat Wot!”
“I ssshal transssform sssthe sssuper ssswallow withsss Beassst of outlandisssh sssizzze!”
“I sssuffer from a sssmal lisssp, resssulting from a botcssed casssting og Sssilence of tsshe Sssmothered Sssound.”
“My favorite curse is: Calling the Odorous Dwarf.”
“Which spell I cast when my Sanctum is hot? - Chamber of Spring Breeches.”
7 Incomprehensible
“No, no, no you must do it all over! – I jotted these words out, yes; but then I crossed the outjotting again just below this arrow, see?”
8 Disfigured
“You shouldn’t stare at a flawed man like that – how do you think I got these scars?”
9 Social Handicap
“Hey Mary would you please hand me – TITS! ASS! CUNT! …. the salt will you?”
10 Infamous
“People know me to be a bad man, so why try to hide it?”
Jack Tainted With Evil
“I hope you found what you were looking for in that tomb great-grandpa, ‘cause I ain’t getting nothing on with the girls because of you.”
Queen Offensive to Animals
“This horse has blindly carried warriors into battle and dutifully brought the slain back home - but it won’t even let me pet it?”
King Magical Air
“Hey miller, can you hear what that mob with torches and pitchforks running this way are shouting at us?”
Ace Poor
“You’ll have to dance for twice as many men, when you dance as bad as I do.”

Jokers
Red1 Giant-Blooded|Dwarf
“Some claim size doesn’t matter – I guess they’ve never tried being twice a man or half a man.”
Red2 Greater Immunity/- Purifying Touch|Greater Malediction
“Am I blessed? Am I being tested? Or is this something more sinister?”
Black1 Strong Faerie Blood|Age Quickly
“Sometimes you’re just not meant to follow the course of a normal, dull and ordinary life – however bad you may want it.”
Black2 Shapeshifter|Doppelganger
“Never judge a book by its cover.”

... noticed a typo:

Hearts
8 Famous
“I’m trying my best to exceed my impressive reputation, but alas – I repeatedly fail to DO so.”