Speculation on 2008 releases :)

What books will we see in 2008? Art & Acadme is coming out this month, but what's next? Realms of Power: Magic maybe? But if RoP: Magic is the next after Art & Acadme, and if Atlas is going to release four books in 2008, what will the next two be? RoP: Faerie maybe, but I had the impression we'd see one RoP book each year. What do we know?

I'd like to see a book on nobles, politics and war, like the 4th edition Ordo Nobilis, but in 5th edition style :slight_smile:

Anyway, I'm very happy with the release scheduel of Atlas. Even though some books arrive late, I think the quality of these books and the way every aspect of the setting is covered more than makes up for the delays. So great work, guys! :smiley:

E.

Personally, as an inspirationless beta GM, I'd particularly like to see a collection of small adventures a la the sublime Tales of the Dark Ages. Saying that, I'd prefer completely new adventures as opposed to a reworking like Calebais as I have already used Dark Ages in our current saga! What about a new Mythic Places, too?

Cheers,

Mark

Salvete Sodales!

Well my guess would be another tribunal book. Maybe Stonehenge or Greater Alps? There are 13 different tribunals I think, if Atlas wants to publish one book for everyone ...

Widewitt

I don't think it will be another tribunal so soon after the Normandy book. Anyway, I guess the next tribunal book released will be for one of the Tribunal not touched yet by any edition. I would love to see Thebes get some attention soon. :slight_smile:

That being said, I'd love to see some new adventures, even if they are converted from previous editions.

E.

Remember there was an open call a few months ago. I would not be surprised to see that book come out in '08.

In the Spirits in Ars Magica thread, David announced that RoP: Magic should be the next release.

I would not be surprised to see the Open Call book next year too. I know what the next five books are likely to be, unfortunately, I have no idea in what order those five will be released and couldn't tell you if I did. :frowning:

And I'm in almost the same situation. I probably have slightly more idea about the order in which books will appear than John, but not a huge amount. A&A, then RoP: M is still as much as is generally firm.

You are wise in the ways of projections. 8)

I wouldn't mind seeing a Hiberian Tribunal book, meself, if only to learn how much of medieval Eire I got wrong... :slight_smile: I think I got the basics right, though (Normans on the Right, Gaels on the Left, PC's in the middle. Yep, sounds about right)...

Steve

Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.

Oh yes!!!!!

I've waited for this for years, and I already know this'll make at least one nice present :smiley:

I too would love to see a book of mini-adventures or encounters, based on medieval places, persons, and things.

Also, the third edition tribunal settings of Iberia and Rome need a major re-working, now that the focus isn't demons, Demons, DEMONS!!!

I'm not entirely sure but I seem to remember that David wrote at some time that adventures werent as profitable and thus not planned - or was it only a starter kit adventure that wasnt?

Though I was not a fan of all the demons, I don't want these or any old Tribunal books touched by 5th edition. There is more than enough new material to cover; Transylvania, Thebes have never appeared, and Hibernia & Provence have only been given slight treatments in other books. Also, no two people are going to have the same vision of how Iberia and Rome should be revised. I'm still licking my wounds over Flambeau.

I would just rather see new additions to cannon than revisions of old cannon.

However, RoP-Magic is probably the single most anticipated book in Ars Magica history. I've been waiting for something like this since earlier editions ago. Can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on it :smiling_imp:

If my memory serves correctly, wasn't this directed towards the LARP adventure, The Fallen Fane, as opposed to Ars RPG adventures?

Mark

I remember as well, but we still may both be wrong on this.

(That does ring a bell. And it would make some sense.

I'd think there's still a market for them, altho', practically speaking, I'd think it'd be easier to market "adventure ideas" in source material than just the adventure)