Spells with parameters from Faerie magic

Therre are a few quotes on page 114 that lead me to think that the "looking down the road" spell is target individual rather than target vision.

"these spells allow the recipient to detect things that he could not normally sense"

"Each magical sense target grants the recipient information through one of his senses. This information is easily distinguished from mundane information coming through the same sense."

So, I conclude that magical sense spells give the recipient additional senses.

The "look down the road" spell just moves the senses that the recipient already has.

1 Like

Yeah, that makes sense, the only problem we have then is with the target. Can you say that you are looking at an individual road? I see now the rationale for ind, in "traveler's awareness", that you limit yourself to view the road as if he were standing on any particular (individual) place along the road. And shifts in view can only be made as far as he can currently see.
Yeah, i would allow that!
Nice spell!
It needs a nifty name though :wink:

but then why aaren't you designing the spell with Arcane connection range.

By leaping down a road from viewpoint to viewpoint with an intellego spell you avoid the limit of Arcane conections (p.80) because you are not affecting an unsensed target.

Actulally I believe that the caster is the target of the spell.

Also note that "intellego magic is much less tightly bound by this limit than other kinds [of magic]"

Hmmm.. now that I think about it, maybe that effect demands a Rego requisite? With no added magnitude.

You do? I thought it was the road, or the part of it you could see. Hmmm, I think I have to get some sleep before I can contribute to this discussion again, later!

If the caster is the Target of the spell, one could argue that you give yourself a magical sense. :slight_smile:

You could.

I'd say that you are manipulating the sense that you already possess.

Finally took a look at your spell and have now seen just how similar ours are. Funny bit of coincidence that we should come up with pretty much the same spell at pretty much the same time.

Well, that's all, really.

Well, I don't find it so incredible. With the range: road, it is rather a spell that begs to be invented. Or one cold say that inspiration often stirkes more than one genious at a time. :wink:

Sounds like you are using Duration : Until the next Mail arrives.
And then set up a ward against Redcaps. :slight_smile:

Just wondering if this works.
I want to alter the appearance of all offspring
so that they look like the target of the spell.

MuIm (page 145 , ArM 05)
level 15
Base : 01 , +01 Touch , +02 Sun , +03 Bloodline.

Level 01 : Change one sensation of an object.

The idea is to check whether your Heirs are in fact yours.
And to identify any bastards that might be around
that you don't know about.

I realize i don't need as high a duration if all the family are gathered in the same room.

I don't see any problem with it and I've got the book in front of me. Drop the duration to momentary and it's only level 5.