Spring 1203 joining Sinus Wodinis

You run for hours, and the wolves stop suddenly "There on the horizon, that is where they come from, I don't know how, but they will be patrolling for us tonight, we dare not go further." The family of wolves turns and runs back the way they came.

Wulfric squints at the horizon, noting the location indicated. "Thank you. I will find you once I have scouted their camp." With that, he backs off a little way from where the wolves had stopped, ensuring he was outside of any patrol range, and finds somewhere to curl up and wait for the sunrise. He doesn't sleep, in case they do find him anyway.

As the sun rises, he gets to his feet, and takes a moment to raise his Parma again. His spell to smell magic ends with the setting of the full moon, and he lets it expire. There was no reason to risk charges of scrying, and any vis sources around here would inevitably be the property of Sinus Wodinis already. And with that, ensuring that the sun is now well above the horizon, he begins padding towards where it was indicated the covenant would lie.

As you approach the horizon at midday you find a collection of rocks in a snowy field.

Wulfric strolls into the middle of the field. He takes a quick glance and a sniff around, then lets announces himself. Produced by magic, his human voice issues forth from his throat. "Salvete sodales!"

OOC Speaking using The False Voice. Casting Score is 8 Creo + 3 Stamina + 1 Mastery = 12 for a level 5 spell, so there should be no need for a roll.

A voice echoes back from nothingness "Salve."

Wulfric continues in Latin. "I am Wulfric Midusulfis, here to apply for membership at this covenant." He pauses for a moment. This werewolf thing was awfully convenient, really. It gave him something to offer. "I hear you have a werewolf problem."

"Wulfric Midsulfis, who was the first apprentice of Bonisagus?"

"Trianoma, who gathered the Founders."

"Take human shape and proceed to the large rock in the middle with a spiral etched on it" The voice guides you through a series of directions where the light fades and then gets brighter as you follow them. Eventually you realize that the vice is no longer directionless but coming from vaguely in front of you as you go through the last few steps and find yourself in what looks to be a very large cavern with no discernable entrance. Magical lanterns illuminate the room and hallways leading from it, and a large, muscular man with no shirt stands in front of you. "Welcome to Sinus Wodinis. What do you know about the werewolves?"

Wulfric follows the directions, conjuring a robe to clothe himself in human shape, but keeping the hood down.

"Thanks." He nods his head at the larger man. "I spoke to the werewolves last night, in their wolf shapes. They were able to direct me to the clearing above, and they said you'd be patrolling for them. Said you'd killed much of their family, and chased them off sometimes. One adult, one adolescent, two cubs. They don't know I can take human shape, and assume I'm on their side. I could probably lure them into an ambush."

"Interesting, our scrying had told us we had killed all of the werewolves in the area. You said they were in wolf shape, but they spoke? Werewolves have the minds of beasts when they change, or demons. I think maybe these are not werewolves."

"They spoke as wolves do, but they were aware of their change. I did think it odd. Still, they claimed they would resume human form at the sunrise. Claimed, in fact, that you would know which of their forms to look for depending on the moon's phase. I meant to ask you whether you knew more of them; they seemed to think you knew of their existence."

Wulfric looks pensive for a moment. "What do you surmise they are then? Faeries?"

"Faeries perhaps, or magical wolf men related to werewolves in some way. Perhaps they are shapeshifters or skinchangers who have been raised by werewolves and believe themselves to be werewolves."

"Tougher, but no less deserving prey, aye?"

He considers "Perhaps a bit less deserving, but still deserving. In any case, you say you wish to join with our covenant. Why?"

"Officially, I wish to investigate the Order of Odin, and a covenant nearer their lands will be helpful for such. Although, while that's certainly a major issue I will pursue, I do admit a couple of more personal motivations. I seek a pack of magical wolves to hunt with, and they don't run in packs within the Rhine. And, frankly, I tire of the Rhine's Harmonist sympathies."

He scratches a moment while he considers "I'll have to bring it before the rest of the sloth, but we can probably give you guest status while you seek your pack. You understand that instinct will suggest you are with the wolves, even though you have a heartbeast and they do not, who are infringing on our territory. Any thoughts how you want to proceed with either mission?"

"Of course, and thank you. I'll do my best to avoid territorial issues, and I've got spells for escape should I be attacked by instinct." He seems unconcerned by the possibility. "To search for wolves, I can just ask around. I can cover a good distance each night, and ask on the howl. Regarding the Order of Odin, I planned to start by asking you. Have you caught any wind of their activities in your time here?"

He stares off into space for a moment "Yes"

Wulfric replies by staring questioningly at the man for a moment. "Well...? Any information you can give me would be useful."