Spring 1220, Chapter 2c, Spring Vis gathering

((Six seconds, actually, which makes your point even stronger.))

Rhodri shouts in Latin "Attravere! Any brilliant ideas? I can remain to defend everyone if you have a way of bringing the demon down." Rhodri keeps an eye out for the demon. His purpose is to prevent it from getting to his comrades rather than to hurt it.

((Arya, I forgot to mention it in my PM, but I'd be more than happy to play the grogs))

Attravere scratches his beard thoughtfully. "What goes up must come down..." he muses. "Would that help?"

"Do what you will. I'm ready."

Attravere goes to the spot where Valten lopped off the demon's head; he stoops down and scoops up a bit of dirt that the demon bled upon. "Hey Headless! Over here!" he calls, to get the demon's attention. [size=85]((As soon as the demon makes eye contact, Attravere casts a Rego Corpus to move the demon high up in the air. His casting total is 18Re+30Co+4Int+7 similar spell=59. Base 15 (instant teleportation 50 paces straight up), +1 Eye for a total needed level of 20. With the blood, he has an effective Penetration bonus of +12.))[/size]

The spell penetrates, and the demon's flaming body is instantly transported high up into the air. A moment later, it plummets to the ground with a sickening thud.

The demon seems to be either stunned but not yet dead, as it twitches on the ground reflexively.

[size=85][i]((The demon does not take an action this round; Rhodri and Devorah may still take an action.

For the others, Sinmore, Aequi, and the Kentish grogs may all make rolls to try and regain control over their own minds. Intelligence + any personality trait reflecting self-control (you're trying to sort your own consciousness out of all the nonsense that just got dumped into your brains-- calmness, serenity, coolheadedness, clear thinker, etc should all count towards this). Any personality traits reflecting a lack of self-control should be subtracted from this roll's total. qcipher, if Sinmore has Fury that will be a -3 penalty to the roll (sorry :frowning:). Chico, Enigmatic Wisdom may be added as well, since Criamon are all about being one with the crazy without being overwhelmed. Since this is a Big Deal kind of a roll, players should make these themselves on Invisible Castle and post your result, roleplaying the outcome. You need a 12 for success to regain your mind. And this would be a VERY good place to use Confidence, bee tee dub.))[/i][/size]

Rhodri will attempt to strike the demon where it lies. If nothing else, he hopes to distract it while others continue with DEO.

Rhodri's blade bites deep into the demon's torso, and blood mingles with the flame.

It is only the superb craftsmanship of Rhodri's blade that prevents it from melting in the hellfire, but to the Verditius' eye, he realizes he might not be so lucky the second time. Well.... okay, he'd probably be that lucky the second time, but definitely not the third :wink:

((OOC: Okay, Int 3 + Patient 3 + Enig Wis 1 = 7 + 1d10.extra(10)=5 = 12. Whew! If Patient does not apply, I will use a Confidence Point for the needed +3. Looks like the Enigmatic Wisdom just barely pushed me over the top)).

"Given two angles of a triangle, what is the degree of the third angle? Assuming the two angles presented are 90 degrees, the two legs are in actuality parallel and will never intersect at a single point. Thus, 180 is a maximum limit that is unattainable. Similarly, any angle greater than 90 degrees summed with another angle equaling greater than 180 degrees is non-intersecting. Only if the sum of the degree of angles is 180 degrees will the legs intersect at a third point, whose angle, based on the previous definition, must equal"-Aequi violently shakes his head for a moment and puts his hands together so his thumbs and pinkies touch and form a circle -"wait, that doesn't make sense. A circle is 360 degrees. Put a triangle over the circle. On Sunday's, God rested, so the triangle is lying down and takes up 90 percent of the circle's area." Aequi uses his middle and pointy fingers to form a triangle inside the pinky-thumb circle. Using his heel, he quickly draws four lines into the dirt, and throws down a couple of jetons, forming a makeshift abacus/calculi (the Medieval equivalent of the abacus and the main way Europeans did figures). "Today's not Sunday, so it's working twice as hard. So 180. Everything always has to add up to 180 when it's not Sunday."

((OOC: Since the Personality trait I'm using is Patient, I'm declaring it's taking me twice as long to reach my "sanity" point. I will not be able to act until the following round))

Aequi looks up from his calculations. "Huh. What do you know. It adds up to 180 degrees on Sundays, too."

((Sinmore has both Wrathful and Impatient at +2, not sure if they add together or not, I'm going with one penalty not both at this point but I'll wait on responding until I hear from Arya, Spending a Confidence point--Rolled an 8 + 3 Int + 3 Confidence -2 Personality Trait = 12

invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2979317/ ))

((Oof, yes, both count :frowning:))

((Yeah, stinks, but I'd rather not have to take back anything that I write.))

Sinmore shakes her head and tres to clear her head and for a moment it almost looked like the fugue was gone...then the flaming body fell to the earth with a sick thud. The confusion returns and a big dopey grin crosses her face. "Ooh...pretty! She smells like burning!" she announces gleefully, then claps her hands and starts to dance in a circle around it.

((New round; everyone may take an action. I've rolled for the Kentish grogs and they have both failed, though Devorah is still in control of her own mind and may take an action. Sinmore may roll again, and, again, good place for Confidence. Aequi may take an action this round; he feels a bit confused, but he feels like himself.))

"Let's see, what was that word again? Parfait... parley... partay? Oh yes, [size=150]PERDO... VIM[/size]!" Aequi finishes with a scream, wildly invisibly gesticulating as he fires off another Lvl10 DEO. As before he does his best to change his location from whence he sky-shouted. ((OOC: shouts and gestures, same totals as last time. 19 + die + Aura, if any, +4 Pen.))

Rhodri doesn't wish to damage his sword. He's also not so sure how effective the strikes truly are. He'll maintain a purely defensive position.

((Devorah draws her blade and tries to circle around the demon, hoping to keep its attention split between Rhodri and herself))

(OOC: By the by, if I'm expected to make the sanity rolls for Michael and Keith I'll need their character sheets, but I can't find the statistics anywhere...)

((Both Kentishmen have -5 to this roll.))

As Rhodri and Devorah circle the twitching headless body warily, Aequi's Perdo Vim spell casts beautifully and the hellfire snuffs out, leaving only a naked headless body on the ground, no longer twitching.

Valten returns to the clearing at precisely that moment. "Ah. I had not expected that you simpletons would have managed to dispatch the demon in the time it took my steed to return here from the graveyard. The freakish apple must have fallen quite far from her pater's tree indeed; excellent work. Now, mind telling me how you got mixed up with the succubus I've been tracking for the last month?"

((Keith rolled 8, Michael 2))

Devorah remains on guard, keeping he sword aimed at the corpse for the time being...

"Simpletons? It took you a month? It only took us a few minutes and we were successful. I suggest you take a new tone very quickly." ((Rhodri has not yet sheathed his sword.))

Valten scoffs. "Took you a few minutes, AFTER I'd decapitated it and neutralized its power by burying the head in consecrated ground. Minor details, I'm sure, for one whose notion of Hermetic art is waving a sword around like a feather-duster. Regardless, I am impressed at how far you ladies have come in a short time.

The succubus has recently birthed hellspawn with an incubus. I sought the demoness not due to the threat she alone posed, but to track down and destroy their brood. Guernicus is providing a hefty reward. Of course you would be too cowardly to face such a threat, and largely useless in such an encounter-- though, I do need someone to polish my boots and make my meals while on the road," he muses.