stat divination

If a maga has discovered fertility magic, allowing her to cast a spell on her unborn child the same as if it were herself (range personal target individual) she could determine the child's future physical stats with an InCo spell at level 10, but the only way to gain that information about mental stats would appear to be with a level 25 InMe spell, but this seems to be because InMe assumes you are getting information from the mind instead of about the mind. Should they get mental stats for Inco or should there be a lesser effect in InMe to get this information, or do they just have to use a level 25 base effect to determine mental characteristics?

Personally, I'm happy with the implication that analysing someone's mind is harder than analysing their body.

You definitely shouldn't get the mental stats from InCo, because they're purely Mentem traits

Note that I wouldn't allow any spell to give the child's characteristics as numbers, no matter what. I would only allow it to determine if the child will be "strong" or "clumsy" or " extraodrinarily healthy".

Essentially letting the mother know that the child will have positive, negative or extraordinary (above/below +3/-3) characteristics.

This might even be biased by some specific virtue/flaw that the child may have, such as Clear Thinker or Fragile Constitution.

I was thinking of using this as a basis for figuring the magnitude of ritual needed to raise their characteristic...
which also brings up the question of whether someone can accumulate warping before birth?

Like the Kingreaper, I'm happy with these being distinctly different.
And like Arthur, I'd be happy with giving you decriptions rather than numbers - you can estimate the rituals from there.

I don't see why not.

You could definitely do that with an added magnitude for precision. Whether or not you could do it without is a troupe call IMO.

Don't see any reason they couldn't. I have house rules about children and warping, but I've seen nothing in the books suggesting that youth changes the effects of warping at all.