Submissions for Card Games?

I have a card game that I'd like to submit to Atlas for consideration.

Is there a process for this, and if so, how do I go about it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You can find our Writers' and Designers' guidelines here:

atlas-games.com/information_writer.php

They spell out everything you need to know, from the kinds of games we're looking for, to proposals, to making the acutal submission, and so forth. Feel free to follow up here with questions, though, if you've got any.

Thanks!

I'm quite curious about the number of submissions Atlas receives for card/board games each year? It seems like a lot of people who are keen on the RPG/boardgame hobbies also end up trying their hand at making their own systems and games - but how many get to the stage of submitting games to game companies?

Hi there. I usually get one or two submissions per week.

Hi, sorry to bother you, if I have a game to submit for consideration, can I define that the game should be printed only in plastic cards ? For example transparent cards like the gloom game ?

Thanx,

If that's a major mechanic of the game, then of course. If we ask for a prototype, you'll want to make sure it's done on transparent plastic so that we can see how it plays, though.

What's your policy on designing expansions for card games that already exist?

It would be very unlikely that we'd publish such a submission from anyone other than the original designer.

Figures. Thanks :slight_smile: