Summer 1199, Tribunal of Hibernia

Looking around for a bit you spot a sprite flitting about.

Varinia was a little careful this time, making her way slowly to where the sprite was moving. She tried to observe its interaction with a person or two on the way over. The daoine sìth were often frightfully easy to offend, she knew, and she wanted an idea of what sort of etiquette people were observing before she introduced herself.

The tiny faerie is hard to follow, as they fly from one person to another and are involved in short hushed conversations before flying on to the next.

Hmm... If it was busy and keeping its conversations hushed, interrupting it would almost certainly be a breach of etiquette. She'd have to get it to come to her... Varinia tries to move ahead of the sprite as it gets involved in one of its conversation, trying to position herself as the next person the sprite might visit if it doesn't already have a particular person in mind. She's not planning to stick at the endeavour if it doesn't work quickly, however, and she certainly doesn't want to eavesdrop (or to appear to do so), if it's trying to keep its conversations hushed.

The only pattern she ca discern to its movements appears to be in the selection of whom it is talking to, namely people of established importance, rather than based on where they are.

Hmph. Well, that oughtn't to be surprising from one of the daoine sìth. Well, she definitely wasn't going to interrupt that. Varinia gives up on the sprite and goes searching for other faeries to introduce herself to.

As Varinia is looking around, an incredibly handsome man approaches with drink in hand. "You look lost, my lass, why don't you tell me about it over a drink?"

Varinia turns to the newcomer. Well, well, well... This was more like it. She gives him a warm smile. "Och, much obliged. I'm afraid I am rather new around here." She will take a cup if he offers it, but she won't drink anything just yet. An apprenticeship in House Merinita taught her better than to blindly accept food or drink from strangers.

He takes a drink from his cup and sits down "So tell me, what brings to to the tribunal?"

"Ohh, it's the relations with the faeries and and the hedge wizards here. It's fascinating!" Varinia pauses a moment, then holds up a finger. "Excuse me a second." She begins whistling a quick tune, and breaks momentarily into the steps of a reel. One hoof kicks up a small clod of earth, and where it mars the ground, a birch tree quickly sprouts. It grows to knee-height, then flattens out into simply a tree stump. Only a few seconds after she took up the song, Varinia sits down upon it.

She looks across at the man, and lifts her skirt slightly to show her hooves and fetlocks. "It's the legs, I'm afraid. Not terribly convenient for sitting cross-legged." She gives him a disarming smile. "Anyway, it's wonderful to see everyone meeting and talking together here. And it's something I wanted to be part of."

(I'm assuming we're outside, at the Hill of Tara, for this, so I'm not sure if there'd be seats. And I don't think goat legs would be particularly conducive to sitting cross-legged upon the ground, which is why Varinia's doing this.

Casting The Aborted Regrowth of the Forest, level 10. Using singing to replace words, and no gestures. I believe there's a Magic Aura of 6 over the whole Hill of Tara, and that this'd be a simple die. So that's 4 Creo + 2 Herbam + 2 Stamina + 6 Aura - 5 no gestures = 9. 1d10 + 9 is always at least 10, so that's a guaranteed success without fatigue.)

Except that you don't have aborted regrowth of the forest as a spell, which means that it is a spontaneous spell, fatiguing, and a stress die, plus the total would need to be divided by 2.
There are, on the other hand, chairs around if you don't want to go with the showing off your magic route.

(Och, sorry; it's in the description for The First Sign of the Forest's Rebirth as her name for that spell cast with Part target using Flexible Formulaic Magic. But if there're chairs available, she'll use those. Editing as follows.)

"Ohh, it's the relations with the faeries and and the hedge wizards here. It's fascinating!" She pulls up a seat across from the man, smiling broadly at him. "And it's just wonderful to see everyone meeting and talking together like this! It's something I really want to be a part of."

"That's wonderful, and how new are you here? Do you have a place to lay your head yet?"

"Och, I'm about as new as they come. Headed straight here from the harbour, and I barely made it in time! And no, 'fraid I've not found anyone to ask about a place yet." She cocks her head at him, and gives her most winsome smile. "You offering?"

"If you would like to come home with me I wouldn't object."

Varinia keeps smiling, and she's certainly not uninterested in the offer, but she does stay wary. "Ohh, and whereabouts would that be, if you mindn't my asking?"

"Why in my castle of course, in a mystical realm. Okay, Regio"

"Ooh, a castle! How wonderful! Ohh, but where are my manners?" She gestures vaguely at herself. "Varinia ex Merinita. Very pleased to meet you."

"I am called Cú Chulainn by most present."

Hound, ehh? Varinia cocks her head at him. "An interesting epithet. Is there a tale behind it?" At this point, Varinia settles back and finally takes a swig of the drink. Hound as an epithet made her less inclined to suspect he was one of those faeries who would ensnare her through food and drink, and it was going to be rude if she held out much longer. Besides, hopefully it'd indicate she was willing to stay for a long tale, should he have one to tell.