Summer 1221: Tribunal in the Pyrenees

"How much are we talking about? I don't engage in commerce much, so I rarely keep more than a pound of gold on me at a time. Would that cover it?"

OOC note: do note have Meliai handle covenant commercial negotiations...

"Much less than that," Carles replies. "It might cost a tenth of a pound of silver, maybe two tenths; I'm not sure how familiar you are with the local coins. A small nugget of gold might do just as well if that's what you have."

Meliai hands him a few gold coins "I'll leave it to you to make the exchange and hire a guide, where should we meet the guide for young Mordag?

Carles describes a place on the outskirts of Barcelona and gives directions good enough to find it. And he gives a date, telling Meliai to be there in the morning.

"I should be able to arrange something by then." Carles pauses as he has a thought. "Just so you know, the people I find are not likely to speak Latin. The boy may have to speak to them through his guides. That might not be as effective as you'd like."

"I will probably need to find an agent in the city to aid my search, hopefully the boy will serve to help find one who can meet with me directly."

"If you don't mind me being frank," Carles replies. "You'll have a hard time finding a reliable agent who'll be willing to work with you." He gestures to indicate her skin and her 'clothing.' "Oh, there are people who'll do anything for money, I have no doubt. But the good and reliable ones that I know would be ... 'discouraged' by your appearance."

"Which is why I generally avoid civilization, but this is important to me. Can you think of a better approach?"

FYI I assume grin skin is green tinged, not like the Orion women in the old star Trek...

Thanks for the clarification. I was just going by your initial post that said "green skin." Green-tinged skin is less odd, though, I assume, noticeable, and remarkable (in the sense that it would be remarked upon). That, in itself could possibly be passed off as a medical issue (though that comes with its own problems). Combine it with the lack of proper clothing, however, and Meliai remains a distinctively odd sight.

[hr][/hr]
"I can't say as I can think of anything better," Carles replies. "Just wanted to let you know there might be trouble with the plan."

"I am aware, but I appreciate your concern and assistance."