summer at the oasis

There is no aura here, the person only takes teh food when you set it down, he will not take it from your hand.

Aetherius will respect his distance. Is there any sign that it's a faerie aura? Aetherius will observe the landscape but also the cave, to see if it seems like a simple dwelling, or the opening into a larger area.

The cve seems to be a reinforced collapsed tent with space for a single person to lay down for shelter. There are no indications of a faerie aura either.

Aetherius is puzzled that the creature seems intelligent, not a human being, and there are no auras nearby. He had guessed a magical animal or a magical human that's monstrous in appearance... but a magical creature shouldn't thrive in the middle of nowhere. He's a bit lost at how to unravel this mystery, aware his arts are probably too low to analyze the creature directly.

Aetherius will resume his Muto studies not too far from the person. Assuming nothing else happens that day, he'll take a small quantity of sand from the area arround the tent before returning to the oasis before the nightfall.

That night there is a commotion at the oasis, apparently the reptile man was caught when it was lurking too close to the watch fire.

"Let's investigate." Aetherius says to the guard, before heading for the commotion.

You arrive at the watch post as the reptilian man is being placed in a jail cell, there being no animal crates of the right size. A merchant caravan has also sent its representative to find out what is going on.

Aetherius will ask Aslal to translate for him.

"What happened here?"

OOC: Although I did not specify it at the start of the season, I'm thinking my familiar would be at the oasis, given he complained about the lack of water at the covenant, he might have wanted to hang arround.

"This..." the arms man seems at a loss of words to describe the reptilian man as he points, "was lurking by the watch fire, and tried to steal some of the food we sell to travelers. We would have killed it but it prostrated itself, suggesting it might be more than a wild animal and we figured you might want to look it over."

"I've seen that one before. Is it the first time it has been arround here?"

The arms man half shrugs "first we've seen of it for certain."

"I thank you for capturing it instead of killing it." Aetherius will look into the cage to see if the reptilian man is harmed.

The reptilian is unharmed, but is huddled up close to the bars and away from the walls. There is a fire burning in the guard house where the jail is located to shelter against the cold nights of the desert, though it is far colder out in the dunes than in the oasis camp.

"You are curious, aren't you? You want to be with others? You're safe now."

It seems interested in what you might be carrying in any packages or pouches.

Aetherius will open his package to see what interests him, in particular.

He seems to be interested in the possibility of food, and focuses when yu open pockets where you had carried food earlier.

"I understand." he nods and will ask the staff at the oasis to ensure he's given food and water.

"Of course sir." food is brought in and the man eats voraciously until it is gone, at which point he retreats under the bed to go to sleep.

Does the oasis have an aura?