Syrus Solis ex Miscellanea

First Year 1214

Syrus passes his Gauntlet but remains as an acolyte at the Roman temple, studying the mysteries of Sol and acting as the representative of the priests within the lay community. Hoping to impress the assorted high clergy of Christendom, Innocent III prepares to launch a pogrom against "sinners, witches, and warlocks" as preparation for the Fourth Lateran Council. The existence of the Cult is secret in Rome, but adherents are often accused of superstition and witchcraft.

15 EXP to Cult Lore, 2 (15)

15 EXP to Leadership, 2 (15)

Second Year 1215

Syrus spends most of his time tending to the lay adherents of Sol. Despite constant pressures and attacks he manages to keep them loyal through sheer force of personality and a little cunning.

25 EXP to Leadership, 3 (40)

5 EXP to Guile, 2 (20)

Third Year 1216

Knowing that the Cult's resources in Rome are too poor to support another magus-priest, Syrus begins to plan to leave. Meanwhile, he dedicates himself to studying cult material that he'll have a difficult time acquiring outside of Sol Invictus temples.

15 EXP to Cult Lore, 3 (30)

15 EXP to Holy Magic, 2 (15)

Fourth Year 1217

See above

20 EXP to Cult Lore, 4 (50)

10 EXP to Holy Magic, 2 (25)

Fifth Year 1218

See above

25 EXP to Holy Magic, 4 (50)

5 EXP to Dominion Lore, 1 (5)

Sixth Year 1219

Syrus leaves Rome with a retinue of companions eager to serve Sol in other places. They spend their time traveling and visiting possible temple sites before coming to Malta.

10 EXP to Leadership, 4 (50)

10 EXP to Guile, 3 (30)

5 EXP to Sailing, 1 (5)

5 EXP to Survival, 1 (5)

I'm working on spells. I'll have a list in the next few days. I'll need confirmation whether certain spells fall under Magical Focus: Sun, but besides that everything should go smoothly.

I'm also considering changing Free Study to Personal Vis Source. Which one would you guys recommend as being more useful? I guess that would depend on type and amounts of vis we'll each get once the covenant is up and running. I plan on advancing my Arts using vis, since Holy Magic halves all study totals gained through the writings and teaching of non holy mages.

By the way, silveroak is there any chance I could convince you of letting him gain the Gentle Gift Major Hermetic Virtue through a mystery initiation during character generation? It just seems odd that his skills should revolve around social activity while he's still under the effect of the Gift. I was thinking that his Gift could be "purified" leading it to have no adverse effect on his social interaction, but resulting in the Painful Magic Major Hermetic Virtue as channeling the divine fire of Sol burns him from the inside. There is a correlation in both pre-Christian and Christian religions between afflictions and divine gifts.

not during generation. You can try after the game starts, or you can reconsider your existing virtues.

Where are we at with this?