Tales of Asgard (1230)

"...Shouldn't someone put out this fire, before the whole building catches flame? I'd open a window to get the smoke out but then the fire will burn faster."

((Tremulous Vault of the Torch's Flame - the flame goes out if it can't burn where it hits, such as a stone wall or floor. If it went into a hearth, it'll bearn there fine. But, basically, the fire leaves where it was and goes where the caster wants it to, leaving no flames behind.))

Carmen is gonna take the finder's fee after all. 4 pawns of Creo.

Vibria goes down to the infirmary and informs the medic that her bed burned down, so she will have to bunk there for a couple of days until he clears her for drilling with the Andorran guard (and/or she gets a new bed, whichever comes first).

"Absolutely no drilling!" the medic exclaims. "What part of REST was unclear?" He looks ready to tie Vibria to a bed.

Stand down Schmedly! a voice calls out. It is old Moses Mendez, one of the seven, retired from the Andorran Guard to serve as Steward & Chamberlain of the covenant. He looks like an elderly version of Moe from the 3 Stooges. He comes over by you and pokes Vibria with his cane. How well do you feel? Think you are up to it? Any injuries of any sort? How did you get burned? I thought you were immune to fire.

The medic rounds on Moses. "YOU stand down! This is the infirmary and this woman is in my care! NO, Vibria, you lay DOWN. And you, Moses- you can make decisions about what care my patients receive when I draw up the covenant's budget, which is to say, when we switch jobs, which is to say, never!"

Vibria rolls her eyes. [color=red]"I said, 'until you clear me for drilling,'" she tells Schmedly. [color=red]"I'm not going to go out and collapse from exhaustion because I disobeyed your orders."

She doesn't react to Moses's poking with the cane (as annoying as it is), but lays on the bed at Schmedly's command, then looks up at the sergeant.

[color=red]"I'm still very tired, and I'm not sure I would be able to hold the shield and swing the sword for more than a minute or two. And I am immune to fire. Even magical fire. [size=35]Mostly.[/size] But I hatched a phoenix egg, and the fires that involved even affected me. There's no way anyone else would have survived...or that their body would have been recognizable. But I think that was a once in a lifetime ordeal."

Yeah, Vulc has "Ward Against Heat and Flames" in his talisman, and his eyebrows got singed just from being in the same room.

There is an infinite distance between WaH&F and straight up immunity. It sounds like the Magic burned you, a near Twilight experience.

((I'm assuming that this is Carmen talking.))

Vibria purses her lips thoughtfully. [color=red]"I don't think it was Twilight. Vulcanus was there, he might be able to tell if it looked like one to him. I think it's definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience, though."