Tales of Asgard (1230)

I did not bring supplies. Neglected to consider that...
:blush:
Cloud Castle it is!
Wait here guys! she tells the sheep, then flies over to the cloud castle.
She knocks on the door...
Um, hello?

A tall and beautiful alfar answers. His hair is blue, and stands straight up on end. He smiles charmingly and bows. "What brings such a lovely lady as yourself to the domain of Yngvi-Freyr?"

You know your lore well :wink:
My name is Carmen Maria Perez of House Flambeau, and I bid you greetings and good tidings good sir :slight_smile:
I am travelling to Asgard, and from there seek to return to Midgard. I have three magical cloud-sheep that I am bringing home with me, and they claim that the only safe route for them is through the Magic Realm and Asgard.
The trek has been long and the few supplies I had have run out. I come humbly requesting hospitality, to replenish my vitality with food and drink.
I have little to offer in return as payment, except perhaps a small amount of vis. Or perhaps I might regale you with tales of my adventures :slight_smile: I have faced and defeated five dragons!

"I am Skirnir, humble manservant, and completely at your service, my lady." He takes Carmen's hand, kissing her wrist gently as he makes a florid bow. "The hospitality of Alfheim is not mine to give, but were it in my power, every ljosalfar would spend each day composing songs to the grace and beauty of the lady Carmen Maria Perez Flambeau. I will convey you to my lord Freyr. He is the only warrior among the Vanir, and I am certain he will take delight in the tales of your exploits."

He shows Carmen through a grand hall with a mighty throne, down a hallway, and into the most magnificent greenhouse she's ever seen. Evergreen trees, fruit trees, flowering vines, everything seems to grow here without regard for space or season. A tall blue-eyed man, completely gorgeous, is picking grapes from a trellis. Skirnir bows. "Carmen Maria Perez Flambeau, you are in the presence of Yngvi-Freyr, Lord of the Vanir and the Aesir, and King of Alfheimr. My lord, may I present Carmen Maria Perez of House Flambeau, a traveller seeking her way to Midgard by way of Asgard."

Even if Carmen did not know anything about the Aesir, it would be VERY obvious by his beauty and the way he moves, that Freyr is CLEARLY a god of fertility. :wink:

:blush: :slight_smile: (blushing with a demure smile)
I am humbles, your grace, for it is a pleasure to meet you.
Can Carmen pull of the role of maiden fair? Dressed as she is in the clothing of an adventurer?
Allow me to explain the many parts of my name, to clear confusion. Carmen is the name I was given at birth by my mother, an entrancing seeress of the tribe of Judah. She had seen in a vision that this should be my proper name. My father added the name Maria, after his mother. His name was Antonio Perez, an Archmagus of the Order of Hermes. Thus my maiden name Perez, which means "sons of Pere" or "Peter", a clan of the tribe of the Visigoths. I am also a maga of the Order of Hermes, a member of House Flambeau after my father who trained me. After the style of his magic, I am a mistress of wind and weather, command the rains and snow, and can wield thunder in my hands and hurl bolts of lightning. I have faced and helped defeat five dragons, one recently that I killed with a flurry of lightning bolts thrown from my hand. His treasure I took and reinvested in the community he had long tormented and drained off of. They are now a resurging and revitalizing community, and I have placed them under my protection.
I have also had many adventures amongst the Norse, and have heard many tales told about you and the Asgardians. My time there was spent in battle against trolls and giants and warlocks. All my life I have been a friend to both human and faerie, and an enemy of the wicked and evil. Now my adventures have brought me here, humbled and parched with thirst and pale with hunger. I beg thee, my lord, for hospitality and a meal.
And can I use your toilet?

The gods don't conform to the same expectations of social norms as humans do.
And anyway, Freyr is a fertility god. What you're wearing is irrelevant, he can smell your uterus :laughing:

"A slayer of giants, is it? Then it is fortunate for us both that my wife is away," Freyr says with a wink and a smile. "The hospitality of Alfheim is yours. Skirnir will show you to GerΓ°r's quarters; her ladies-in-waiting will see you bathed and dressed however you wish, and then we can discuss your plans when you join me for dinner." He gives Carmen one smoldering look, and then Skirnir gestures towards the door: "If you'll follow me, my lady?"

There are servants that will see Carmen dressed exactly to her specifications. Let me know how you prepare yourself for dinner :slight_smile:

Let's see...

This?

No, to flashy...

Too manly...

too girly...

Perfect!
(except without the sword)

Carmen gets the full spa treatment. Bath, facial, manicure, pedicure, full body massage, AND she gets her hair did. Once she's dressed and feeling pampered, she finds Skirnir waiting outside Gerdr's suite. He smiles when Carmen emerges. "If you'll follow me, my lady?"

As he leads the way to the dining hall, Skirnir nonchalantly mentions, "We are familiar with some other magae of your Order. Have you come for the same reason as Trianoma and Merinita?"

Carmen smiles and contemplates what that must have been like.
By the measure of mortal years, even for we long lived magi, that was several generations ago. Tales of their adventures amongst the Alfar and Aesir have never reached my ears. I can only wonder what that must have been like.
But honestly, I am but a humble traveler and adventurer, weary with hunger.
Lord Yngvi-Frey is most generous, and you have all treated me so kindly. I thank thee, good sir :slight_smile:

Skirnir smiles sheepishly. "That is too bad, indeed. Milord and I are both quite fond of his daughters, Elaine and Myanar. Ah, here we are."

An 20 foot long table is covered with all kinds of foods. A giant roast beast is front and center, but every other kind of food Carmen can imagine (and a whole lot she can't) is present too.

Skirnir carefully unbuckles a sword from his side and places it outside the dining hall, before ushering Carmen to the table and then taking a seat himself.

"Please, eat whatever you like," Freyr insists. "Try some of the phoenix liver with poached dragon eggs, it is chef's specialty."

Carmen smiled demurely and tries to be lady like. But the food is good and she is famished, so things quickly devolve into ...
nomnomnomnomnomnomnom
:mrgreen:
(talking with her mouth half full)
thith ith th' bethst meal iv ether had!"

Skirnir makes smalltalk during the meal. "Is this House Flambeau of yours, the same one spoken of by milord's daughter, Elaine?"

munchamunch If I get nomnom* what yer hintin'at slurpgulp* that's a new twist on the tale.
(wipes mouth, sips wine)
my Hermetic House was established by one of the Founders of my Order, the wizard Flambeau, born as Reculed Anaeus Seneca in the war torn lands of Iberia. Generally accepted lore has it that he had two apprentices, Apromor and Elaine. But the legends of my lineage and societas, the Knights of Seneca, asserts that Flambeau had several apprentices, only two survived after his death. Apromor and Delendos. Elaine was but a child, some say the daughter of Flambeau, and her parens was in truth Delendos. But you allude that Freyr was Elaine's father, which is interesting, but I cannot verify it.

Freyr smiles. "Elaine spoke of keeping her parentage secret," he muses, "Though it was because of her mother, not me. As I understand it, your Order has a way to extend your lives, but at the cost of fertility. Trianoma sought me out because she was researching ways that your Order's women might bear children... a favor for a friend of hers, who came to me later. Of course there was only one way Trianoma could test such a theory-- for science of course" his eyes sparkle mischievously "and naturally I did not disappoint her. Elaine was a remarkable woman and a formidable warrior; it pained me that she and her mother were never close. Will you tell me what your Order remembers of her?"

Freyr and his smoldering blue eyes:

That makes Carmen blush and gives her a hot flash. [size=20]twenty years on Hermetic Birth Control...[/size]
No true way of judging veracity, faeries being how they are. But who knows?
Elaine was known as gifted in Light and Knowledge. The Legend of Delendos, as written by her filius Joseph of Flambeau, ascribes her identity as one of the Four Illuminations, Enlightenment. Flambeau represents courage, Apromor represents Patience, and Delendos symbolizes Loyalty. She was a brilliant scholar and gifted writer.

Who said anything about faeries? You're currently deep in an expansive network of magic regios, on the doorstep to the true Magic Realm...

Freyr beams with pride, and damn, that is a beautiful smile, with some beautiful lips.

Skirnir grins. "Enlightenment and Knowledge... very appropriate for a daughter of the God of the Sun and the Rains," he comments.

Freyr's smile just gets bigger. "It is good to know my pride in her was not borne solely of biased fatherly love," he smiles. "At least, if the lady of your House is the same Elaine as my child by Trianoma. Perhaps after dinner you would look at a portrait of her and tell me if you recognize her? The last time we saw her, she was aging, and travelling to Valhalla, where she wished to spend the rest of her days."

"Tell us Carmen, do you know anything of Myanar, my lord's daughter by the Lady Merinita?" Skirnir asks. (A Perception+Folk Ken against EF 6 will reveal a note of yearning in Skirnir's voice.)

She is still taking it all in with a grain of salt.
Perception +1, Folk Ken 2, die roll 1d10=5, = 8
Myanar...
Trying to remember who that is and the most positive story possible...
Int +4, Order of Hermes Lore 3 (famous heroes?), die roll 1, then 9, total = 25
:mrgreen:

Whoa. Totally, yeah.

Myanar was the third Prima of Merinita. No mention was ever made of her parentage, that Carmen ever heard. After Merinita disappeared, her successor Quendalon also disappeared shortly after taking on the House. Myanar took up the mantle, and faithfully led the House in Merinita's nature magic for decades. The whole House changed when someone resembling Quendalon showed up. The man claimed that he had been journeying throughout Faerie, and that the fae had taught him all kinds of magic. Myanar was convinced he was an impostor, but House Merinita supported Quendalon's claim, largely due to the mysteries he offered them. Myanar took refuge in Bjornaer, and lived out the rest of her life in obscurity; ever since, House Merinita has focused on Faerie Magic instead of nature magics.

Myanar herself, though, was strong and wise. Her nature magic was second only to her mother's; flowers grew in her footsteps (though this was actually a Twilight effect). Her story is a sad one, but all accounts are that she ruled wisely and well the whole time she was in charge of the House.

With a 25, though, Carmen has heard rumors that Myanar invented a way for magi who had initiated Heartbeasts could also learn how to bind familiars. She wrote many notable texts on Herbam and Creo, and taught many apprentices. Rumor has it that Myanar's lineage still exists within House Bjornaer.

:smiley:
Carmen will tell that awesome story in ther most heartfelt voice.
Presence +2, ? Charm 3 (wit?), die roll 1d10=9
eh?
And she adds They say her lineage still lives on to this day, teaching the mysteries of nature magic within a sect of the Bjornaer Cult. During my days in Ultima Thule, I met a Danish Bjornaer named Svartulf, the Black Wolf. He claimed that he had a mystical bond with his mate, another timber-wolf like himself.