Tales of Power in my hands now

+1 to Gremlin's post.
Generally it takes time to digest books. People bring up things from the Ars Magica core rule book all the time and then it gets discussed. I'll use my example of casting a ritual without a stress die, a thread I participated in over a year ago. Some people believe that if you master a ritual it mitigates all botch dice and some people don't. :smiley: or Apprentices. That book had a fair bit of discussion when it came out.

I'm sorry I made you use an embarrased icon - that wasn't the point of what I was saying. Basically most books have a lot of excitement while people share their anticipation, and then purchase. Following that, though, they either need a while to use their books, or they need a while to read them, or they use them buy then have "you had to be there" experiences and don't want to bore us with their "at table" experiences. This means you get threads like the one for AtD, where there are pages of people going "I am so getting this", and then pages of "Got this!" and then...well, nothing much.

...which I have to say is something of a relief, because back on the old Berklist, Stage 3 used to be "and now I nitpick the heck out of this, and tell the authors they are tools."

So, I'm kind of OK with there being a sort of silence as the third stage. 8)

People react eventually. Six or twleve months from now, someone will discuss their saga, and tangetially you'll realise its set with a particular piece that came out in that particular book.

I was actually looking forward to that part :laughing: