Terpsichore ex Mercere

Draft 3 of her characteristics:

Characteristics: Int +2, Per 1, Pre +2, Com -2, Str 0, Sta +1, Dex 1, Qik 1
Size: 0
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0
Confidence Score: 2 (5)
Virtues: The Gift; Hermetic Magus; Puissant Creo*; Major Magical Focus (weather); Affinity with Auram; Affinity with Imaginem; Quiet Magic x2; Self Confident, Skilled Parens, Subtle Magic;
*House Virtue

Flaws: Deficient Form (Terram); Hatred (Major) (armored people); Mute; Weakness (luxury); Hermetic Patron (Alexandra ex Mercere); Illegitimate Lineage
Personality Traits: Devoted to mother +3, Loyal to House Mercere +3, Vengeful +2

Abilities: Area Lore: Jerusalem (Holy Places) 2, Artes Liberales (Ceremonial Magic) 2, Athletics 2 (Grace), Awareness (People in armour) 2, Brawl (Dodge) 2, Charm (Men) 1, Code of Hermes (Levant Tribunal) 1, Concentration (spells) 3, Dead Language: Classical Greek (Hermetic Usage) 4, Finesse (Auram) 2, Legerdemain (pickpocket) 1, Living Language: Arabic (Hermetic Usage) 5, Magic Theory (spells) 4, Organization Lore: Order of Hermes (House Mercere) 2, Parma Magica (Terram) 1, Penetration (Auram) 3, Stealth 1 (hiding), Teaching (House Mercere) 1

Arts: Cr 8+3, In 3, Mu 5, Pe 2, Re 7, An 0, Aq 0, Au 11, Co 1, He 0, Ig 0, Im 9, Me 1, Te 0, Vi 6

Her casting sigil is Lightness (levity).
I'll see later her voting sigil.

(found the missing 16 xp. I forgot to update the Im score)

okay, now you need spells and any further advancement, and we need to set up a covenant for you to be in.

Spells:

• Phantasm of the Talking Head // CrIm 10
  • Charge of the Angry Winds // CrAu 15
  • Circling Winds of Protection // CrAu 20
  • The Incantation of Lightning // CrAu 35
  • Whispering Winds // InAu 15
  • Words of the Unbroken Silence // CrMe 10
  • Aura of the Ennobled Presence // MuIm 10
  • Taste of the Spice and Herbs // MuIm 5
  • Hiding in The Crowd // PeIm 10 (HoH:S pag 64)
  • Mantaining the Demanding Spell // ReVi 20

given a standard lab and aura, maintaining the demanding spell is beyond her ability to learn at this point.

Are you wanting to play her immediately after gauntlet?

You're right, I simply missed that. And on top of that, I forgot to reserve some spell-levels for a custom spell she was going to have. I think I'll scrap Mantaining the Demanding Spell for the immediate post-gauntlet and have her find it somehow in game later.

Now, since I've let her have a slightly higher Vi score than the other Arts I need to address why she has it.

For your last question, given I'm not truly confident with my ability to play her as an experienced maga (it's only the 2nd magus I've ever made), I think i'll start with her in Spring right after gauntlet.

I haven't been able to finish detailing the spells for longer than I expected. I'm still here anyway, just busy I'm afraid.

This should be the final list for her post-gauntlet.

Updated spell list:

• Phantasm of the Talking Head // CrIm 10
  • Charge of the Angry Winds // CrAu 15
  • Circling Winds of Protection // CrAu 20
  • The Incantation of Lightning // CrAu 35
  • Whispering Winds // InAu 15
  • Words of the Unbroken Silence // CrMe 10
  • Aura of Ennobled Presence // MuIm 10
  • Taste of the Spice and Herbs // MuIm 5
  • Hiding in The Crowd // PeIm 10 (HoH:S pag 64)
  • Invisibility of the Standing Wizard // ReIm 15
  • Echoes of The Unspoken Words // CrIm 5 (Base 1, R: Voice, D:Concentration, T: Single, +1 Clear Words) - Projects intelligible spoken words at a Voice distance. Terpsichore invented this spell to help her overcome her handicap. Her sigil makes the words sound like she is whispering.

I have a concern with echos of the words unspoken- voice range means you have to make noise to determine the range- this is allowable with mute because the sounds don't need to be intelligible. However those noises are going to be competing with the words that the spell is trying to create, and with that sigil I would expect it would be difficult for the words to be understood over the noise of your voice. You could change this to MuIm to make your vocalizations sound like intelligent words.

Of course we still need to have a covenant for her to be in...

I was unsure about the apropriate Technique for Echoes of the Unspoken Words, Creo was the first choice but I kept on switching back and forth for Muto, so if that's ok for you I'd settle for the MuIm variant.

As for the covenant...that's tough :slight_smile:

I was hoping I could have her join a covenant with someone else, but I'm still not seeing anyone settling in the Levant...

it might help to start discussion about one of the proposed sites...