Terra ex Merinita

A much condensed form
The talisman is a metal finger-less glove or gauntlet going from about mid forearm to the hand. Worked into the glove is a piece of red corral carved into the shape of a quill, an iron ring, a silver ring and a magnet, both completely embedded in the metal. The glove is a whitish mixture of gold and silver, electrum as its known in the order. A brass wand is bound ventral part of the glove covering the forearm.
Physical Shape and Materials
Red Corral Quill +7 Scribing,
Electrum Glove +4 manipulate at distance, +3 Scrying, +3 deception, +4 Muto Terram, +4 bonus to effect things by touch
Iron Ring +7 Harm or Repel Faeries
Brass Wand +4 to control at distance, +3 project bolt or other missile, +3 Ignem, +3 music
Silver Ring, +1 terram, +2 Intellego

I'm still not entirely clear on what you're considering a "single item", so does this work?

much closer, fundamentally this is now a glove, with decorative flair. The rings presumably go on fingers so the glove would not be completely fingerless, I'm not sure a brass rod connected ventrally would qualify as a wand for S&M bonuses, and I'm trying to get some idea what a coral quill decoration is going to look like on this piece or work as part of it... I'll probably do some of my own research on that point.
While the brass rod may not qualify as a wand when so attached it is clearly brass still, and furthermore will allow touch based creo ignem effects without burning yourself. I'm also unclear as to how the magnet is integrated into the glove.

and having done some research (mainly looking at pictures of carved coral on ebay) I have no problem with the coral quill decoration.
Please look at the house rules for economics, because this piece will be expensive.

The only thing that would have a huge cost is the gold in electrum blend. Even the silver ring shouldn't cost much more than a few pennies+labour. The gold would have to be magicked up if her covenant didn't have a convenient hunk of gold lying around. Although if she had to go that far she'd probably just go straight to the alloy. Which would take a season to invent the gold/alloy making ritual. Alternatively it could be replaced with something boring. The wand could be excluded or moved to be in a position like a punching dagger.

Also some more fluffy stuff. Basic motivation for heading to the covenant. Needs more personality IMO, but its a start.

Fluffy Stuff: Terra had been having a very peaceful life as a maga. Conflict free more or less. Basically sitting in her covenant's library reading with occasional duties to the covenant, sabbaticals , and a few bursts of lab work. Worshiping the Goddess. A lot of reading into House Merinita. Its a pretty cool house!

But she couldn't do that forever. She had a vision. The world was changing. The Dominion was on the rise and someone had to protect the the Faerie and Magic in the world. House Merinita was strong in Europe but there were other places. She needed to go forth, find new initiates for the house.

That Sahir's to the south might work. But they might resist. She was to move to Malta, magi were building a covenant. There the work would begin. It was the edge of the European rule, Order rule, and thus the perfect place to make forrays into the beyond. It was time to put her academic knowledge to work.

The gold electrum blend, the craftwork for the glove, and the coral (remember, quality has to be at least superior quality craftsmanship), have you at least read the rules I am referring to before dismissing them?

I looked through the thread on house rules. All I see is some stuff about how much spending money a magi has and needing to supply the money for enchanted items. Half a pound of silver to a pound of silver is a lot. Are there some other rules your talking about? GTG not much time. Sorry for short response.

Okay, first I'm not dismissing the rules. I read this post. Spending a season or two to invent a spell isn't a dismissal. A superior quality item would take three average craftsmen, or there-abouts. A single suit of armor, admittedly leather scale, takes 1/4th a season. 18 days. A glove couldn't take more than a day or two. Maybe 6 craftsmen days. A twelfth of a craftsman's seasonal output or 1 labor point. On 40 of city and guild puts that at a bit under half of a pound for craftsmen with a minor income. Now leather scale does differ on some level from electrum metal, but really that could go either way. It would take a little saving, but its doable.

Admittedly I don't know how rare Red Corral is, but if need be that could be magicked up. I was assuming it wasn't particularly expensive. Even today, with out vastly higher productivity and thus wages for a worker a piece of carvel coral is maybe a percent of someone's yearly income. 100ish dollars. (See E-bay), so I'm guessing about a labor point for three craftsmen making one piece.

Ultimately I don't know the prices of labor for the glove/or quill. That's something you need to set. If the materials are the expensive part she would be willing to magick them up. Especially the red coral for its +10 bonus vs demons.

Anyway a scorpion terram-esque familiar would be cool. Alternatively a miniature wolf. Terram preferred. Anyone want to build it?

a standard steel gauntlet weighs a bit over 3 lbs made of steel. silver has a density of roughly 10.5 g/cm^3, gold is 19.3, iron is 7.8, which means the composition of your gauntlet is about 5.7 lbs, 3.7 lbs of this is gold, which trades 20:1 with silver, meaning the raw material cost before the artisans work is 76.25 lbs of silver.
Coral in the Mediterranean shouldn't be too expensive, though the artwork would be more so- using art & academe for reference, and assuming an artist with reputation:3, a brooch is listed at 2/season base time, so 1/2 season patronage at 3lbs per season cost is 1.5 lbs for the coral quill. While a suit of chainmail is one season, lords of men lists 'greaves' as being 1/6 total armor value for a full set, the craftsman earns (above expenses) 20 lbs a year for 2 seasons of work, so 5 lbs (the quality requires more assistants) in labor for the glove seems appropriate. The rings would need to be made by a jeweler, again this is considered artwork, reputation 2 should suffice for these, 1 season at 2 lbs cost, so the total cost for the glove, give or take some inaccuracies and some bartering is about 85 lbs of silver. If you decide to make the metal you must invent the spell first and then spend 4 pawns of vis to reduce the cost by about 77 pounds of silver.

Well, its pretty clearly impossible to save up the eight pounds for the labor. So how about just normal leather glove and red coral as something cheaper and a quill.

how is a quill integrated into a glove?

The preferable way to do it would be to put in between two layers of leather so its not exposed to anything. Leather scale on the dorsal of the forearm would give a perfect space. The quill could stick directly into the leather. Similarly with leather since you have less flexibility concerns you could have partial fingers and the rings inside those.

it seems to me that a quill embedded between two pieces of leather is just a feather...

So this IMO is eating up too much time. I'm thinking of just dropping the idea. So how about this for the

First 10 years after apprenticeship: 300 xp
Magic Theory 75
Parma 25
Sympathy 45
Finesse 10
Faerie Magic 15
Vim 15
Creo 65
In 5
Rego 5
Ig 15
Second Sight 25

Year Ten
Season 1: Find Familiar
Season 2: Bind Familiar
Season 3: Invent Burial
Season 4: Panic of the Trembling Heart Core pg 148
Year 12
Season 1: Empower Bond - Talk Without Words
Season 2: Empower Bond – Talk Without Words
Season 3: Empower Bond – Talk Without Words (Again)
Season 4: Empower Bond – Talk without words (again)

Year 13
Season 1: Empower Bond – Ward Against Dirt
Season 2: Empower Bond – Ward Against Dirt
Season 3: Invent David Beats Goliath II
Season 4: Invent David Beats Goliath II

Year 14,15,16,17, 18
150 xp in House Merinita Lore
Year 19
30xp in Craft: Drawing
Year 20
15 xp in Faerie Magic
15 xp in Perdo

The lab stuff is clustered, but I don't want to have to calculate multiple lab totals. The House Merinita studying is clustered too, but if that bugs you just imagine its been scattered through the entire thing; it simplifies the creation I've assumed that a familiar bond enchantment that affects the maga IS different from one that affects the familiar.

Oh are we supposed to do the "two warping a year" bit from the standard rules? Because the other magi don't seem to have that...

yes, and the other magi should have as well for anything they did non-seasonally.
as Merinita I am giving you the option how to distribute the warping between faerie and magic
Also I want to know which book you wrote, since that will still be in your possession (my guess is a tractus since it took one season)

Hmm... I didn't actually think that far ahead. Let's go with Brawl. A nice Q6 tractus on Brawl.

I also noticed that your first 10 years after apprenticeship actually total to 330 point...

So it did. Latin has been deleted. The book is now in Nordic.

Edit: No wait that doesn't work either, since I only have one in Artes Liberales.

Right, I've tried to add the xp from the post gauntlet stuff to the character sheet, giving us this. If my luck is good and I didn't miss add something all that's left is someone building the familiar, preferably small and low might, picking arts for the bond, and picking the bond traits... woo! I suppose I could use my a Grog slot to build it, but that seems poor taste.

I'd be happy to play your familiar, but I'd suggest letting Silveroak build him/her. I still need to build my own...

Wait are we allowed to build our own familiars? Although I would be happy for him/her to be played by you.

Um, that's sort of a grey area. Silveroak built Cheech for Tomas, JeanPatrick built his own Julia, and I've done 20ish years of growth for Vulpus, despite not having made him yet. I think it depends on what you want - Vulpus,for example, as a Verditius familiar is designed for lab assistance and roleplaying, not adventuring.