The book purchasing journey

[color=red]You may be proud of these fine books. We do not know what you need in exchange for these books. Please let us know what you need and we could provide.
Otherwise we must read the less magnificent books you offer in the hope of a mutually beneficial agreement.

[color=red]If you wish we could lend you one of these magnificent tomes and in return count on your support if needed. Henri awaits the answer patiently. [color=red]Other then that we need vis as all magi, and we could make copies for you from the lesser tomes. Your covenant would have the books in a season.

[color=red]Your proposal is worth considering. Only the full counsil of our magi is allowed to decide in questions which affect the whole covenant. We will discuss your offer when get home.

[color=red]Indeed your most interesting proposal about the more magnificent tomes would likely require us to seek the approval of our covenant however I beleive we could negotiate prices in Vis for the less exalted tomes and purchase them upon our return

Henri de Tours replies, [color=red]I can see the need for a assembly with the council you are after all seven magi if I remember correctly. But lest continue on to the other affairs.

[color=blue]Simply state the tomes that you wish to purchase and pay for them in vis as Raw. As I said previously they have at least one sound summae in all art and abilities

[color=red]All right.
I assume we are searching and reading in the library even an hour and make notes to ourselves. Is Henri with us here?

[color=blue]If we decide the stats of the books I suggest L 20 and Q11 summae in Re and Pe and a L6 Q13 in Parma. I suppose the raw cost is 20*2+18. We have 68 vis with us but bargain is a must!

It would maybe be a better deal, at least at first, to just buy discarded or damaged books in every art. For 1 pawn a book, 18 Q+lvl is a sweet deal to your magi

I ask Justus when no outsider can hear:
[color=red]You know the other magi. Is there any of them who can heal the injured and the ill? If there are not we need the knowledge of Creo and Corporem and related spells.

Justus replies with a quiet voice, [color=red]There are non that have any grater skill in the arts of healing as far as I know. It could be a good idea to pick up some corpus related tomes and writing. I am sure that the other won’t mind. We shall sit down in negotiations soon with Henri and try to buy as many books from here as possible. After all they are our closes neighbours and it is wise to keep good relations to them.

[color=red]However we have few healing spells available only the Chirurgeons helaing touch which is of little use to someone with a signifigant injury. So to help our covenant we would need to be able to write a signifigant healing spell and 4th magnitude creo corpus spells are not easy to write, in this case we would be bettertrading for a good healing spell as it is much easier for many of our mages to learn such a spell and cast it than it would be to write it.
However Creo and Corpus are both useful arts so it would be useful to acquire such tomes

Mariella does not argue signifigantly further on the choice of books, as she does not feel strongly in favour of the book selection she argued for as while she feels it would be better for the other magi the original suggestion by Manius actually suits her study goals better

On the way to Durenmar when Mariella is in the present I turn to Justus:
[color=red]I have some vis, too. Just to let you know I want to purchase a lesser Intellego summa. But I can lend the rest of my vis to buy more Creo tractatus for the covenant if you like it.

[color=blue]I would like a L10 Q15 In summa.

Justus replies, [color=red]I think it will be best if the covenant isn’t owing you any vis. For once we need the other members support and second there will be a tribunal the next year so we can purchase new tomes there. I think that our book negotiations have resulted in that every magus has something interesting to read.

The journey passes to Fengheld and Durenmar and the magi of Ad Fons is welcomed at all the other covenants and it is clearly noted that the other covenants are interested in having friendly relations to Ad Fons. Could it have something to do with the upcoming tribunal in 1221? At Fengheld an order for several cases of wine is made but only a few tomes purchased and at Durenmar Justus make sure to get some odd titles even though the condition of the books leaves something to be desired.

[color=blue]This thread is being shut down in preparations for chapter two. It will take some time for the magi to return to Ad Fons but if the magi who remains at the covenant decides to wait a few weeks with doing anything they will se you return.