the cave of Gozo summer 1196

Archimedes shakes his head. "No, but that won't be a problem. I'm going to need to imbue effects to get around the language barrier anyway, to speak to the ghosts here. I agree with you about not taking things; even if we find his body, there won't be much we can do about it. Messing with his body will certainly put him on bad terms. I think the best course is patience. He's been there for thousands of years already, what are a few more?" Archimedes shrugs.

"By the way, I should mention, I'm close to getting some understanding of the tradition here... I was thinking that if I could learn something solid, that might make a good... well, bribe... to the Bonisagus in the triumvirate, to get his vote for recognition. Let him have the discovery and the credit, and maybe a few more of these little statues to continue studying. It will make the discovery public knowledge, though, and may lead to an influx of strangers at best, or conniving between him and other covenants to turn us into a chapterhouse at worst. What do you think?"

“So we should just leave Telemachus in his cave, try to determine the location of the body later? I have to admit that seems like the best course of action. My skill with Intellego is minimal.”

Archimedes nods. "I think so. Did he give any indication that he wanted to leave?"

“I’m unsure. Rollon, do you think he wanted to leave the cave himself?”

«No?» Rollon sounds uncertain, but adds more confidently. «The only thing which appeared to interest him, was to recover his father's body.»

"Well, I can try a few questions, if these clothes are an arcane connection. Otherwise we'll need to converse with the son. Hopefully it was just a language problem, not memory deterioration. But it will take some time. Taliha, do you have any thoughts on the other matter?"

“I don’t think revealing ourselves more publicly than we already have is prudent but I forget the current makeup of the Triumverate.”

"There is a Quaesitor who will probably support us, the Praeco who will certainly not, and a Bonisagus who is fixated on compromise no matter what. I think the only way to sway the Bonisagus is through his own self-interest, but even that may not work."

[Malta, the long run]

"I am unsure. I don't know much about the Elector and what might sway him to our cause. But, for yourself, it might be wise to keep this research under wraps until we have covenant status."

"I guess you're right. It might attract the wrong sort of attention."

[I think that’s everything we needed to discuss around this. Seems like this Thread can be closed but maybe someone else remembers something I forgot to discuss or respond to.]

I'm going with 10xp, and an exception to the rule limiting to 5xp per adventure- you may put up to 7 in area lore:Malta, since an exploration of the islands was the base activity.
Confidence;
Taliha: 2

Rollon would take 5xp in Greek. Should that be Classical Greek, or whatever the ghost spoke? Or the Koine Greek that he already has?

and 5xp Magic Lore.

The ghost spoke Classical Greek

But which is most reasonable ... did the challenging conversation improve his Greek? Or give him a new Greek?

Probably gave him a new Greek.

Cool. So Taliha gets 10+3 (for Ind. Study). She'll put 7xp into Area Lore: Maltese Islands, 5xp into Heartbeast and 1xp into Concentration.

And then I should advance her to the Gathering of Twelve in 1202 or were we going to play the Roman Tribunal meeting in 1201?

Roman tribunal in 1200.

The Tribunal in Rome is in which season? Summer?

summer, the tribunal started near the Itallian Alps, where winter was definitely something to avoid...