the cave of Gozo summer 1196

«As you wish, ma'am,»

[Taliha got a 10 on her Dex+Stealth test for moving down the passage.]

You creep down the passageway and to the lower level, the sound of footsteps becoming stronger while the breathing remains of a similar intensity, suggesting it is much further away. When you arrive at the room you could not see with your spell it is apparently a bedroom or apartment, well appointed though much of what lies within appears to have been warped to a more idealized state over the years. The footsteps sound like they are coming from the bedroom, but you do not see any source of them.

The tiny large-eared fox steps into the light that creeps into the hall and says in Maltese, "Hello? Is someone there?"

[OOC: was gonna try to spont an effect destroying spell but as I would have to use the more general and weaker guideline figured just announcing myself would likely have the same effect and might be viewed as less of an offence.]

A disincorporated voice responds n a language you don't understand. Int+artes liberales target 9 to identify the language

[Taliha rolled a 7 but will spend a confidence to make that a success.]

It is speaking ancient Greek

The small fox turns her head a yells as loud as her small body can, "Rollon? You can come down to me. I need your help understanding someone." And Taliha waits until Rollon approaches before saying in a normal voice, "There is a spirit or something speaking Ancient Greek. Are you able to understand that language?"

Rollon runs into the tunnel, answering «euh, I learnt some Greek from a wise old man in Constantinople, but ancient?»

OOC. Rollon has an effective 2 on classical Greek. (Byzantine 4 incl Puissant)

He is saying something about barbarians and leaving.

«Who are the barbarians?» asks Rollon, articulating slowly and carefully in his Byzantine Koine greek with a Norman accent.

The response is a singe word, "Fox"

«Do you want the fox to leave?» asks Rollon, «Why? Because she is fox? Or because she not speak Greek?»

The answer is fast and hard to follow, you catch the words barbarian and Greek.

Rollon whispers quickly to Taliha, «I don't think he likes you because you do not speak Greek. He calls you a Barbarian.» Then he returns to the spirit or whatever it is.

«Too fast.» he says.
«Not speak Greek makes a Barbarian. True or not?
You want fox leave? Yes or no?
If fox were human, welcome? Yes or no?»

What he responds is something along the lines of "barbarians barbarianize" then a pause "what do foxes desire?"

Rollon tries to translate the latter part for Taliha, «He asks: «what do foxes desire?» What can I tell him?»

"Tell them we live on these islands now and were merely exploring. That this cave seemed of particular interest to a Magi such as myself."

«She lives on these islands now. This cave seem interesting and worth exploring. Is it better if she returns as her human self?»

"...I come...house...intrude...wait...father...not coming"