The council chamber

Aurthor has Circle that Maintains the Demanding Spell in his repertoire that I think is what Oliverius is looking for. Writing translated lab texts of his original creations for the library will be one of the tasks entrusted to his future apprentice.

Yep, this is the spell that Oliverius was hoping for. Aurthor comes through and saves everyone time!

Winter 1143 Zorba the Blacksmith faces a severe aging crisis, he will need to make a stamina roll of 6+(with medical assistance) if nobody wants to use a CrCo 25+ ritual in order to save his life before he has to make the roll.

Gloriana is willing, and has the Ritual to do this, Tricking the Reaper [CrCo 25, ritual, +83] Mastery 1 (Stalwart Casting). She would require 3 Co pawns for the Ritual, if the Council approves.

Oliverius would approve.

Also worth noting with every lab currently in the Covenant is full, and both Neleos and Bravery will require labs when they come into their own - should they decide to stay in this covenant. (And two more players talking about joining) Does the covenant have a plan to solve this? Oliverius knows Conjuring the Mystic Tower, but it is a bit... well... obvious.

One question is whether the space will be above or below ground- the labor points are certainly available to build the space conventionally (overage of 270 LP for masons, 306 for carpenters, and 108 for furniture makers) as well as having potential overage on savings (masons 5.45 lbs silver, the only reason carpenters are not over is because they help with consumables as well as buildings)

Aegis suffered a medium wound on the adventure to the Faerie Regio! She is requesting a healing ritual to cure it. Or at least a spell that helps stuff heal.

Gloriana once again to the rescue! She can handle this without a chance of botching: Chirurgeon's Healing Ring [CrCo 25, ritual +83] Mastery 1 [Stalwart Casting], removes a Medium wound. She would need 2 Co pawns (burning 1 Long term fatigue for 1 Co pawn), as Aegis just returned with a vis source (hehehe, we have several portable vis sources!), she feels that it is important to not minimize the faithful Companion's service.

This one is a full fledged tree. She just brought back a "magic" apple seed. (Technically it is a Faerie apple seed.) Harvesting the vis requires picking the apples and making wine.

Anna will get two pawns of Co vis from her stores so they don't need to wait for a vote, but she moves to get herself refunded.

Conditions of acceptance for Davos and Osias need to be discussed as well. Technically Davos should be accepted as a guest or he will lose his status as a citizen in Thebes...

Davos would certainly only want guest status as his home base is the Theban Tribunal in his mind.

Is there a vote on the use of covenant vis for healing Aegis?

Well Anna fronted the vis, so its a refund of Anna. Anna proposes two votes:

1. Vote to refund Anna two pawns of Corpus vis. Anna votes yes

2. Vote to establish a policy of using covenant stores to heal "companion" agents who are harmed on covenant businesses. Anna votes yes

1143 economic report:
starting inventory: 102 7/8 tonnes silver
income: 9 5/7 tonnes silver
expenses: 1/5 tonne silver
donations: 1/4 tonne silver
final inventory: 111 7/8 tonnes silver

reports of 1143:
Pope Innocent II has disavowed his treaty with Roger II, plunging Italy into war once more before the Pope died in September. As he lay dying the commune of Rome began deliberations to re-establish the Roman senate. Pope Innocent II is succeeded by Pope Celestine II.
Celestine has reversed a number of Pope Innocent's decisions, and proceeds to refuse to recognize the treaty with Roger II- there were some reports that Innocent had changed his mind and re-confirmed the treaty shortly before his death.

Factions of the Augustinian brotherhood supporting Roger II confirm that branches supporting Rome as the center of the new Empire are behind teh re-establishment of the Senate and believe them to be behind the move to war being resumed with Roger II. There has been suspicion they may have been behind the death of the Pope, but this cannot be confirmed.

Oliverius would approve of the first, but he would insist on a list of who qualifies as a "companion agent", and a clarification on 'covenant business'.

keep in mind "companion" is generally a classification of character power level, but does also designate a type of character (the same way "grog" also refers to a turb member, in that it was the expected role in early editions) where companion was someone who would accompany a mage in public in order to prevent the Gift from causing problems and had other useful skills to contribute. The two are not inherently the same. I would also like to start seeing some separation in the wiki- a companion level lab assistant should probably not be listed under companions...

To the honored magae of Praesidium Orae:
Anna ex Miscellanea
Andros ex Flambeau,
Arduino ex Verditius,
Aurthor ex Miscellanea,
Danae ex Mercere,
Gloriana Sentis ex Merinita
and
Oliverius ex Verditius

I am Osias ex Bonisagus, who would respectfully request to join your august covenant. Please accept my apologies for any members I may have forgotten. I believe I may have met Gloriana Sentis at Tribunal.

My current residence is at the Eclogue, north of Rome. Alas, Magic takes a harsh toll from those who wield it unwisely, and has changed the revered elders. They see enemies around them, in the form of longtime companions, and have driven out our master-at-arms and Autocrat. They state that the covenant will no longer support me, and so I must ask for a position within your sanctuary.

I am competent within Animal, Corpus and Herbam. I would happily improve your farms with my meagre skills, as I did for Eclogue. Please let me know if I may visit as a guest, and perhaps obtain a permanent position with you.

Sincerely,

Osias ex Bonisagus

Andros, Gloriana, and Danaë approve. Danaë in fact speaks eloquently for this, lauding Aegis's and other Companions' heroic efforts. Andros's Compassionate nature and loyalty to faithful "soldiers" rules him. Gloriana just hopes for her healing skills to outweigh her Blatant Gift with the coven folk and cement her role.

•Andros is disappointed that no warrior magi have chosen to join. He is at least somewhat suspicious of others wanting to join and enjoy the covenant's resources. For Davos, he is unclear about why the Magus wishes to stay for such a long period of time, yet with no intention to join, seems he would be better served with taking his Apprentice and returning to the Theban Tribunal and his home covenant. Is he going to partake of the Praesidium's vis sources? (Andros does not know much about Pharmacopeians or the Theban Tribunal) Andros is adamant that such itinerant magi should promise suitable repayment, the Praesidium has extraordinary resources in return (an extensive, high-quality library, astonishingly good Teachers, and superb quality of life) and he proposes preliminarily to the other members of the Council: for Davos, 5 useful tractati on the Magi's area of expertise + 24 magnitudes of Lab Texts not currently on the Library (again, hopefully in the visiting magus's areas of expertise). The latter can also be substituted for at least a useful Lesser Enchanted Device for the Covenant. Such payment to be rendered in full by the 16th year after the start of his stay at the Praesidium. Such Magi of course should also reasonably aid the Covenant within their area of expertise, if this is requested, and not work to aid their rivals. (This is just general, don't know if we want to be reaaaally specific).

For Ossias, he grumbles, but since she is looking to join, and she is from the same Tribunal, he will not oppose. Swearing the usual fealty to the covenant, contributing to the social life and the academic treatises the Bonisagi are famous for is enough for him to be content.

However, what Lab are they going to use?
He desires the Teaching Lab to stay unclaimed; he also proposes to the Council putting together a specialized Vis extraction Lab. "Good practice for Apprentices."

Andros also proposes that all members of the Council should agree to contribute a useful martial device that does not duplicate existing ones in stock, proposed to the Council, approved by it, and costed by the Covenant. Within the next 15 years. He feels not enough is being done to improve the Praesidium's ability to meet threats, whether magical or mundane. For sodales Danaë, "this could be something she finds in her ceaseless traveling".

•Gloriana fully approves of both Magi, she is fascinated by their areas of research. She does support some form of payment as Andros suggests, and is less than thrilled at perhaps less yearly vis. Secretly, she will eventually speak with Davos to gauge his interest in some form of trade for Fertility-Rituals for Dwarf Magi. If she does know Ossias, she will urge her to get her books to the binders/scribes/illuminators, and lend or gift them to the library.

•Danaë doesn't care either way, none of the two Magi seem like Hero material to her on first inspection. She will be cheery and courteous in any case. She will ask around for whatever information she can mundanely glean on both Magi, and will report back to the Council with whatever juicy gossip she can unearth. She has OoH Lore 4 Personalities, 5 Com, 5 Pre and 7 Intrigue, some knowledge of Thebes (through her Area Lore: Mediterranean Coast 5), and great knowledge of Italy, Area Lore 7.

If and when Davos is made aware of the requirements proposed by Magus Andros he will agree to the 5 tractati and 24 magnitude of lab texts but will simply refuse the creation of a martial item. If he gets the impression that there is a general consensus by the current magi that he is not welcome he will walk away and, as suggested by Magus Andros, take his apprentice back to the Theban tribunal.