The Day's Blank Slate: Gavin (1220.1)

What I meant is that if there are existing labs that some people get and some people do not, the people who get those labs effectively gain a free season of development because they don't have to spend a full two seasons setting up their lab while the others do.

BTW, can a grog with Magical Theory set up a lab?

These introductory threads are happening in Winter of 1219 (1219.4). Actually joining the covenant and stuff starts in Spring of 1220 (1220.1).

Remember, that until the spring Council Meeting happens, no one's actually a member yet, so no one can actually lay claim to anything. They can express an interest in or desire for a lab, but who gets where will be decided later. There's still time for bargaining, negotiating, or Certamen (if it comes to that).

Yes, a grog with Magic Theory can set up a lab. He can even get it to Standard if his MT is a 3 or better.

Okay, getting back on track, now.

[color=red]"The spell that we have, I believe, is a Creo Herbam ritual, with a Terram requisite," Boudicca says. [color=red]"Eilid is inventing the spell from a text we have in the library, she should have it finished by the time of the Spring council meeting."

Boudicca thinks for a moment. [color=red]"I think we have a little over a hundred people living here, including the families. We get by with our fishermen, and sell our surplus to Cill Chuimein and Inbhir Mhoireastain. But most of our coin and trade comes from our sheep, who produce the finest wool in all of Scotland."

"Depending upon what cottages are free," Gavin says with a smile, "a new one might be very appealing. It would certainly give me a chance to set things up the way I'd like them. Will Eilid be able to cast the new spell herself, or will she need help?"

"I've no doubt the wool is top notch," Gavin replies. "I look forward to trying some clothes made of it." He looks around the covenant and nods.

"This really is an excellent covenant," He adds. "What's caused you to become so short of magi?"

"Yes," Groot, in thrush form echoes, landing on Gavin's shoulder. "Why's the place so empty?"

[color=red]"She would almost certainly need help to make the cabin without risking casting herself into exhaustion. I think just one casting in communion with her should be enough."

[color=red]"You will probably want to meet with Eilionoir and Ealasaid. They make most of the clothes for the people who don't make their own."

Boudicca sighs. [color=red]"One of the founding members of the Covenant took his own life a couple of years ago. He was the glue that held the covenant, and when he died, most of the others went their own way. Eilid asked me to come in to help her rebuild it."

"Well, if it comes to that, I shall have to hope that one of the other new magi can help," Gavin says optimistically, "since that's beyond my abilities at present."

"I look forward to it."

"A sad situation," Gavin agrees. "But I'm certain that the influx of new blood will revitalize the covenant and build it back to its former glory."

[hr][/hr]
I don't really have anything more I need done in this thread.

Okay. Three XP.