The death of Artemis Fall 1195

Trintion, doesn't quite trust the Stableman, as he calls him 'he's no master of mine' Trintion has often thought to himself. "Yes," he says slowly, unsure how much he should say. Constantine is one of the few who treats him like a real person... and that he often comes bearing treats doesn't hurt in the slightest but, mostly, everyone else seems too stuffy and concerned with whatever they're concerned with and a young magus seems a ripe companion for adventures, Trintion often dreams of slaying dragons with a wizard on his back or kicking a demon right into the open doors of a church where the demon immediately begins dying... not that he likes going onto consecrated ground himself but he's sure it's even worse for demons, whatever they look like. "Constantine is a proper sort of fellow, I do believe I would look rather gallant with someone as well bred as he is on my back," he continues after a short pause.

the stablemaster sighs "When he is sent away, you're going to follow him, aren't you?"

"Um..." Trintion hadn't actually thought of that idea before but now that it was given to him...

"... yeeeee-es?"

"Then fine, I think we are going to give you permission to go with him. I take it he's being sent to the chapterhouse in Nicea."
The next morning you are loaded onto a "family" ship and sent down the coast. The crew takes good care of you until you arrive in Yalova, where it turns out that the guide which was hired for you has fallen sick. His son meets you at the docks, but has no idea what to do next.

[Is this just Trintion or both of them?]

both

Constantine smiles at the young man. "You don't know where we need to go? Could we go see your father and ask him to give us directions?"

"I will take you to him if you wish, but the medicine the doctor has him on might make it difficult."

Constantine reconsiders the difficulty of what he had been planning to do. "Well... maybe we don't have to. Do you have any idea of the people he normally works for, especially any who might be well-paying but ask for discretion? He was supposed to be taking me to my new position, I wouldn't want to not show up on my first day!" Constantine grins.

"He doesn't discuss the clients who pay for discretion."

Trintion keeps pretending to be a normal horse on his lead which Constantine is holding.

[I am moving some stuff to my new place today so will be mostly AFK. I'll try to respond when and if I can but otherwise Trintion would keep pretending to be a normal horse and follow Constantine's lead in both the literal and figurative senses.]

Constantine nods, crestfallen. "Of course. Very professional of him. Do you mind me asking... what makes it hard to talk to him? Is he asleep or something? If we can't ask him, I guess the only other option is to search the town, I might be able to find them that way."

"Not asleep, but the medication the doctor gave him seems to have him ignoring people around him, while talking to phantoms of his own mind. At least I hope they are of his own mind."

Constantine says, "Really? My mother taught me a couple of charms against ghosts, maybe I should go check on him, and make sure it's just a harmless fever dream. Unless you'd rather I didn't, of course."

"That would be good!"
He leads you through the streets of Yalova to a 2 bedroom house, where his father is in bed apparently discussing a lentil soup with a chair.

Constantine goes to the middle of the room, and pauses for a moment, casting a spell to see if he can detect any entities.

He does not sense any entities beyond himself and the man in the bed. Of course with taste he would have to literally intersect a spirit to detect it...

Constantine will try again, in the place where a ghost would be sitting if it were sitting in the chair. Explaining his strange behavior, he says, "Sometimes I can feel ghosts, like a tingle in my head." Then he looks to the boy, "Is it ok if I touch his hand? What is his sickness?

The boy shrugs " the doctor did not tell me the name, but he was throwing up, and hot to the touch. "