The games we play.. [RPG meta]

I feel for ya Ravenscroft. I've had some good experiences with role playing in a convention setting, but I sure wouldn't want to have to deal with it every session.

As for our kit, we play around a pool table with a big piece of particle board as the table top. We use miniatures on occasion, and have a big map that's dry-erasable we use often.

Hmm.. I've heard that of conventions too. The conventionens here are mostly held at schools (in weekends or holidays) and each roleplaying group/session gets a class room of its own. Boardgamers and cardgamers gets dumped in the common areas.

My town is happily home to GenCon now. It's fabulous!

Other than that, we only have Heroclix tournaments, Magic Tournaments, and Video game tournaments at local game stores.

I don't know GenCon, except that everyone talks about it and it sounds like an important venue in the US RPG community. How is it?

I said FABULOUS. Geeze, no one ever listens.
:stuck_out_tongue:
Seriously it's very cool. 26,000 gamers, our Football stadium and convention center full of gaming and retail rooms. 175,000 square foot main exhibit hall, amazing costumes, every game you've ever heard of, and tons you haven't being played everywhere.

gencon.com/2006/indy/

One word: Huge. And very different from what I know. Could be interesting to experience.