The long narrative

Plasmatoris is doing a large number of things this season, but once we've gotten things mostly settled, he's going to read one of the language books so he can find people to communicate with.

I've added it to the seasonal sheet, apologies for being slow. Thanks for pinning it!

What's the issue with the Vim tractatus? Zarkut needs to study vim to be able to learn Wizard's Vigil the following season.

The only issue is that because we only have two months, you only get 8 xp from the Tractatus. You could study another Summae for Spring, and then use Summer to study the L20Q11 Vim Summa, and reserve the tractatus for when your Vim is higher.

That's the issue as I understand it.

made changes. With the demand for the Vim books Zarkut probably won't be able to learn Wiz Vigil, but I realized he can probably eat some fatigue and spont it.

That's right, he should be able to life-link spont it. Good idea.

In the summer and fall, Lares will dedicate most of his time to preparing for casting the Aegis, holed up in his lab. He eats supper every evening with his family, and uses his newfound Berber skills with them, as well as with the other Berbers. Besides that, he continues to run mundane affairs with the council. He tries to treat everyone as fairly as he can - his main priority is avoiding conflict.

In the summer Okeannetis will learn the Wizard's Vigil 25, and in the Fall will read the Summa on Parma.
She will continue to care for the various creatures they have there, and will plan to invest an effect into the bond for Winter.

Zarkut is focused on re-learning Arabic, so he can go through his old notes and correspondence. Am I right in thinking that reading Latin -> Arabic I can divert xp to Artes Liberales to learn a new alphabet?

yes, up to half the SQ.

Summer 1289

Argentius continues his study of Vim, delving deep into a second summa from the library to expand his understanding (Vi16Q15). He occasionally will engage, or attempt to engage, his sodales in discussion about Vim over dinner or an evening chat by the fountain. It's not uncommon to hear him at his forge in the mornings, though his work there is more practice of his craft than producing anything of use.

Argentius can often be found in the cooler evenings walking through the covenant grounds. He seeks out conversation with the various ethnic groups in the covenant, paying particular attention to the Cathars. He also seeks out Lares from time to time to discuss anything he may have gleaned from his conversations that could be helpful to Lares.

Fall 1289

Argentius will be learning the Vigil in the Fall.

Plasmatoris is also planning on picking up a bit of the local languages - starting with Arabic. He will begin working towards picking up Wizard's Vigil for next year if its needed, but his focus is in becoming comfortable with his local covenant. That primarily involves being able to actually talk with people.

I notice nobody focused on speaking to the Cathars, I think I may rearrange my plans to accomadate that and be less effective at Arabic. Do we still want him picking up the vigil for next year?

Lares will push for everyone to learn the Vigil for next year, in case someone is indisposed. He will not push very hard, though.

For Summer Silas has begun worrying about his quickly damaging body. Burrowing a Creo book from the library. He’s aware that he cant afford to wait for long before creating a Longevity Ritual, especially if he plans to keep this charade up for long. His curse would definitely be discovered if he doesn’t start preparing. Hes not sure yet how the others would react, Silas has had to endure enough hardship and shunning due to his circumstance to try it. Besides having some secrets is advantageous.

Speaking of secrets Silas want to make sure Jessica is still contempt with staying in his laboratory for now. Allies is always something he has wanted, and Jessica is the best one he got currently. The hours he doesn’t spend reading book he tries to entertain her by going through his past-future artworks and discussing their value.

Silas is still curious about the covenfolk though doesn’t consider his position the best to investigate them. Thus, he will leave it in the hand of Larens and Plasmatoris. Though he will try to learn the name of any that come knocking on his lab carrying messages, if any.

For autumn pettily plans to get a head start on Argentius by creating a magical item that will be usefully for the covenant and showing it of to the council. His intentions are to create a Lesser Enchanted item capable of casting some similar spell to The Inexorable Search. Since the covenant has already had troubles locating lost members.

Plasmatoris is surprisingly easy to push into doing things when he isn't doing his art. He can't focus on his art because of the covenant situation. Thus, he will do a lot of preparation for the Wizard's Vigil - did we actually determine how many copies of the Vigil we have available?

A little obsessed by his willing of moving outside the covenant, Tastheus decides to work about Rego Corpus. Be able to use leap of the homecoming or, at least, the seven-league strides. As Aetherius choose to work on a spell, Tastheus profites to pick up the summae of Corpus. He just needs a few seasons more to be able to craft the first spell.

OOC : summer : summae Co16q14. Fall : summae Re18q13

"I think I'll share a little update. I've changed my plans about my spell development. Leap of Homecoming is no longer in the short-term planning, as I realized that learning and casting the spell are two different things and well... it's nice to teleport away but it's nicer if you can get back to the covenant. I'll be focusing on a flight spell instead. I'll be able to deliver mail that way. Teleportation is a few years away, most likely."

OOC: I will be learning Shape of the Ancient Kite (2 xp MT) and reading the Corpus book in the Fall (19 xp). Will likely customize Shape of the Ancient Kite to avoid warping on a companion, if the companion is allowed in.

@temprobe "Aetherius, do you have a lab text of Leap of Homecoming ? I think to develop the Seven-League stride on winter. But that will need two seasons to do this."

"I do have it, but it's not professionally written. It's an old lab note written in my short-hand."

Plasmatoris, once the first season begins to fade into time, will become increasingly more unfocused - or more accurately, focused on increasingly differing things. His studies in language do keep his attention mostly, perhaps because of the social interactions, running into different covenfolk and speaking with them.

The chaotic Jerbiton, is most calm when he's not trying to be 'productive'. He still has a tendency to make charcoal sketches during meetings, and he regularly uses his talisman's magic to adjust and plan for future art when he can - he is upkeeping the Imaginem creation of his first piece of artwork, hidden away in his studio when not out trying to make a good show of being a productive magus.

Silas is appreciative of Jessica's suggestions and praises her. The idea is not a bad one. He alters his plans for autumn. Instead of creating a lesser item he will open a greater item for later enchantments. This way he can show off, boast moral and have an excuse to try to learn a little more of each magi.

The items he plans to create is a wooden chest. Decorated with 8 depictions of each magi performing some feat. For picking these he will find some servant, hopefully someone who he has interacted a little with before, ask the servant to help him. Silas wants to there to be some basic interviews where he (via the servant) can ask what different covenfolk consider each magi greatest dead. Hopefully getting a list of feats which, he can pick and choose from.

Large wooden chest so 8 pawns -4 due to craft so he need a total of 4 Vim pawns.