I have designed the following device for one NPC of the saga and, although I have checked the figures three times I still have the feeling that something is not correct. May I have the advice of those venerable masters of Ars Magica that oversee the forums?
The oak limb
This magical device is an exquisite piece of wood resembling an arm. It has a small bone engraved in the palm. Powered with herbam, corpus and mentem effects, it allows the owner to replace his natural arm with one made of wood. Of little use for the average magus, it is invaluable for one that has lost one her arm as it allows her to grasp and handle things almost as if it were a normal arm. Even spells can be cast although with some difficulty
The oak limb is attached to the remains of a severed arm where it roots and feeds from the bodily humours of the target. From that moment the device is ready to receive mental commands from the target and to move upon his command. The limb is designed with joints that allow the basic movements of a normal arm including fingers and wrist but its movements are clumsy, imposing the same penalties than the Clumsy flaw.
The device has three effects instilled:
- Perception of the mental command (InMe 30): This effect allows the device to read the commands issued by the caster. (base 15 + 1 level for touch range +1 level for concentration duration +5 because the device maintains the concentration)
- Movement of the built arm (ReHe 12): This effect moves the joints of the wooden arm to simulate the normal movement (base 3, +1 level for concentration duration, +5 because the device maintains the concentration, +3 because is linked to Perception of the mental command)
- Sustenance from the broken body (MuHe (Co) 15): This effects allow the wooden arm to feed from the bodily humours so it does not die (base 3, +1 level to use the bodily fluids; +2 level for sun duration, +2 two uses day, +3 environmental trigger)
Building of the device:
- 9 pawns to open the device. 6 from the medium size wood used to carve the arm plus 3 for the tiny size bone engraved in the palm.
- 3 pawns of intellego or mentem vis to instil the Perception of the mental command effect
- 2 pawns of Rego or herbam vis to instil the Movement of the built arm effect
- 2 pawns of Muto, herbam or corpus vis to instil the Sustenance from the broken body
Thank you very much in advance.