The Tarxian expedition

Tomas perks up "There are primitives living in the caves under here!? That would be interesting? You say you have brought some home. What are they like?" Aside "too bad there is no time to do a detailed search now. Have to come back with more preparation."

"well, we have loaded them onto the ships, we've stayed here to collect more of them, they are odd, mostly naked and pale, the men have long uneven beards, and they speak no civilized language. And they smell."

Ismael snorts. "Ha, that sounds like all the Franks that have come to these isles!" He doesn't translate that part.

Vincente eyes widen, after what he just heard. He says in a broken romany to Ismael:

"Smelly or not, they have dominion over these islands. I would watch my tongue if I were you."

Edit: Fixed typo.

Ismael's eyes widen for a moment as he realizes the branded man understands the civilized tongue, then he quickly regains his composure. "Insha'Allah, oathbreaker." There is no malice in his label for you, just identification.

The leader grins "The Franks speak a civilized tongue, and they are not so pale."

"Ah, a good distinction."

In Romany, to Tomas: "Sidi, do you wish me to ask about land?"

bump. This thread is still in play.

"Yes, we need some more information. If I understand, these folks work for the buy who controls this piece of territory? We need to confirm that. And to find out if he would object to our scholars exploring the area and the caves. If they have seen any intermittent odd things, such as might indicate an Regio being present sometimes, that would be good to know."

Ismael relay the gist of Tomas' thoughts adding, "My masters seek land on which to settle these islands, and this seems as good as any as they are not farmers or herders. Useless land such as this must have a small price, especially for for a lord whose attention lies elsewhere. How would my masters go about settling this hilltop, and perhaps a little land around it? While they have some small amounts of silver, they can also offer the products of their knowledge, such as medical assistance or art to brighten your lord's day."

The man grins "I will get word to our master, I suspect he will find your proposal agreeable. Where should we get ahold of you when we hear back from him?"

Unless Tomas has any objections, Ismael will give directions to the caravan, and tell him they'll check back if the caravan moves. How long do they expect word to take? Would they be able to set up a workshop on site anticipating approval in the meantime? Nothing permanent, just moving tools and prepping for a build.

Tomas appreciates Ismael's suggestions, and agrees with the response.

"We should get the word to him within a week, and hear back maybe two weeks after that."

"And the workshop? If we are unable to come to an agreement with your lord, we can always move it back."

He shrugs "you can move it here, but you may need to guard against thieves. the cave men do not always respect property."

"Thank you!" Ismael is finished, but will wait to see if Tomas has anything else to add.

A few pleasantries are exchanged while the meal ends, then the small band of armed men are on their way.

I'm going with 8xp for this adventure:
confidence:
Tomas 1
Cheech 1

Trying to figure out what makes sense for Tomas to take for the xp. He did a little bit of Intellego Vim. And then had the conversations. Would Etiquette (for 5 points) be suitable? And the other 3 in Intellego?

Ismael will put 5 in Etiquette and 3 in bargain