The True Value of an Affinity?

Maybe you didn't mean to say what you wrote. What you wrote is that you saved 23 seasons of use of Book Learner. I now understand you meant:

"By the time you hit 20, or 23 seasons of Book Learner, you saved 70+ xp."

Right? You wanted the 23 seasons to be referring to "hit 20," not "saved," right? With this change in what is prior to it I would agree.

Chris

Oh, in your stuff. My mistake.

Hey, I could also argue that 90% of the time, the extra +1 won't make a difference to the die roll. Or that most of the time you won't need it for your lab work. It doesn't change the fact that Puissant never loses to Affinity.

And remember that Puissant followed the micro-management required for Affinity to work, we used MT which is about the only Ability where you'd spend 20+ seasons of Exposure and we used Correspondence to boost the Exposure to 3. If we stacked the deck that hard and Affinity can't ever win, it is terrible.

If you get to score 9 in less than 30 seasons, it is mathematically impossible in any of those seasons for Affinity to have a better score than Puissant. No fuzzy logic here.

If you´re just trying to exploit the rounding thing?

Have 2 Arts/Abilities with Affinity, spend all your time doing labwork, split the XP between the two affinities, do correspondence at the same time for one of the affinities.
And suddenly you whip up 6XP per season of labwork. :mrgreen:

Hehehe... Nah, do that after you picked Secondary Insight, and NOW you´re talking abusing exploits.
The horrible part is that it´s RAW, perfectly by the book.
450XP per year sounds fun doesn´t it? :smiling_imp:

Not at all. Taking 23 seasons to hit 20 would mean crazy bad Q6 books, obviously a wrong interpretation. "23" did refer to "saved" and there are many way to add the omitted words. Of course, {23 * 3 = 69 ~ 70} might not pop right out. :confused:

"By the time you hit 20 you saved 70+ xp, or [the same saving as] 23 seasons of Book Learner [bonus]."