The Visitor (Spring 1235)

"Roberto says now is the moment," Lucas declares. "Your people need you. I'll arrange to meet him and Wirth at the edge of the city so that they can remove our invisibility. Then you can speak to your people from on top of the carpet. You can reach a large number of them that way, and, as well, you will be safer."

[hr][/hr]
Lucas has no way to get rid of the invisibility at this point. He'll have to coordinate with Roberto and Wirth for that.

_: 1D10 = [9] = 9
Roberto turns invisible and follows Wirth's lead.

Moving forward...

Wirth and Roberto venture toward the crowd, using its confusion to their advantage, walking through it just like one would go through a concert crowd, wirth almost carrying Roberto at times.
Once out of it, they manage to get lost into the city, until such time as they find a quiet alleyway in which to rest somewhat.

Horus, tell Cidito that we're heading back into the city so that Soteira can speak to her subjects and calm them down. But we need to meet up with either him or Wirth to get rid of the invisibility spell. Where are they now? Lucas angles the carpet toward the city , but stays high and near the outskirts until he hears from Horus as to where to go.

"We'll have you addressing the crowd in no time, princess," he assures her.

Roberto will need at least an hour & forty two minutes of rest to recover all Fatigue levels. But aside from that, he has no idea what time it is nor how long he has been at this. It may soon be time to reset Parma and other spells.
Spells to determine astrological time do not require any special mystery or anything, they are just more useful to those that practice astrology. But for any magus, knowing the time is a useful trick.
So, to determine his own personal astrological time, would be InVi5 (Base 5, R: Per, D: Mom, T: Ind)
And I just stopped myself. To spont this will cause him to pass out.
Wirth, what's the address here? 321 Seaweed Street? Or is this Aquatic Avenue?
Cidito. Ask Lucas to do a time check for me. Wirth and I are in an alley off of Seaweed Street, or maybe Aquatic Avenue. I know we passed Lamprey Lane and Reef Road on the way here. I will try to get a more accurate placement when I can.

Lucas passes on Roberto's directions to the princess, who no doubt has a much better idea of the layout of the city than either he or Roberto does, and angles the carpet where she directs.
Tell Roberto that it hasn't taken him nearly as long as he thinks to defeat Attuma, h e thinks to Horus. Then he passes along the requisite time information.

[hr][/hr]
Lucas casts a spell to tell his personal time
InVi5 (Base 5, R: Per, D: Mom, T: Ind)
Telling the Time: 1D10+13 = [7]+13 = 20; 20/2 = 10; success.
Pass along how close to sunset/sunrise it is.

Lucas gets a strange, dizzying sensation, as if both dawn and dusk were coming at the same time, not now, but somewhat later, maybe in a few hours or more.

Anyway, should it happen, you'd feel it.

Do lucas and Soteira join Roberto and Wirth? What of Acutus?

Roberto looks around the street for some landmark by which he can guide Lucas and Soteria to his position. Then I have a plan to find and reunite with Acutus after that.

Lucas and Soteira are trying to reunite with Roberto and Wirth. All they need to do is find them.

Acutus was told to get out of there, so he takes off swimming as fast as he can to get out of the city.

Okay. It takes some time, but Roberto, Wirth, Lucas and Soteira are able to reunite.

Acutus... He could have followed Roberto easily if he'd been bleeding, but the mage stubornly refused to be wounded. Any reunion will be dependant on your respective skills.

The news from Attumah's death quickly spread into the city, mixing confusion, rage and fear. Acutus is safe, mostly: He can dispach or outrun almost anything the merfolk can throw at him, if need be. It's like having a modern fighter jet among WW1 planes.

"We're here, Roberto," Lucas declares, bringing the carpet down for a landing and hopping off. "I'm glad to see you both safe. If you can make us visible again, we can get Soteira up above the city on the carpet where she can rally the people - with us nearby to deal with any trouble, of course."

How much time has passed? Has Robert recovered Fatigue? He can cast Thwarting the Thaumaturgical Threat. Mastered and cast in calm circumstances, there is no botch chance. He will have to make himself re-visible first.
Unless Wirth has a more accurate and safer option?
Once visible, Roberto embraces his beloved with tender passion.
Then...
Now that we are all gathered here, I can send up a flare for Acutus to find us. That will reveal or position though, but I doubt there is much to be concerned of at this moment.

You can take all the time you want. It took you some time, but you found a secluded place in some kind of aquatic garden, amidst great rock arches, some polished, others much less so

Soteira almost chokes when she sees the place.
You... Yes, I understand why a warrior would choose such a place to hide. People seldom come here. This is a Houses of the Dead. It is a place of rest and dreaming for our departed ancestors, and we let them in peace, lest they wake up one day.

If the princess is to adress the people, who cares if they find us? Send your flare, it'll announce her and signal Acutus.
We'd better have an escape route, of course.
To the princess
Are you sure they'll follow you? They were quite supportive of Attumah.

I know. Like I told Lucas while we were on his contraption, the Sea Devil used some kind of black magic to turn them to his cause, and have my people recognize him as the rightful king, despite... his murder of my father.
Still, they recognized my authority somewhat, so it is my hope that, now that my beloved has vanquished the dread Attumah, his grip over my people will be broken, and I'll be able to get them to rally under me. Until I wear the Crown of Nammu, I will only be their princess, though, so there's no telling whether their loyalty will be strong enough to break the charm.

"Where is the crown right now?" Lucas asks. "Still on Attumah's head? If so, perhaps we could retrieve it so that you can wear it when you address your subjects."

"Before you're crowned, however, may I offer to cast a spell on you that will increase your presence and make you appear even more regal than you already are?"

[hr][/hr]
Between Wirth, Lucas, and the flying carpet we can do some pretty sneaky stuff. Maybe we could get the crown from Attumah's head.

If the princess wants, I can try and cast Aura of the Ennobled Presence on her before her magic resistance goes up. :wink:

First thing first. Soteria, my love, I present to you this gift. The Trident of Poseidon, once your father's and now rightfully yours. I seized it from the usurper and with it slew him and avenged your father.
Now about this crown. That is a new bit of information I was unaware of. I saw none on the head of Attuma, or at least such was not described to me :mrgreen: Where would it be found? And then there is the matter of foul Leolinus. It is reasonable to assume his infernal magic is somehow involved in this. One would think him wise enough to flee, but if not I shall find him and bring him to the justice he deserves.
As for a flare, the safest way is to calmly cast a Pillium of Fire high above our heads. Not Multicast. Calm, one at a time. Acutus will surely spot it that.
Calm, one at a time, as to roll a no-botch stress die.
three PoF flares: 1D10 = [10] = 10
1D10 = [6] = 6
1D10 = [10] = 10

:mrgreen:

That's a good question.
Normally, it should have been secured after my father's death, and passed on to me. But I never saw it since that day :frowning:
But we don't advertise its power and, contrary to my father's trident, it will only recognize a rightful heir. Thus, even if Attumah knew its value, it would have been useless to him. That brute only respected power, so maybe he just discarded it, maybe he tried to hide it, I do not know.
Oh... I just hope he did not try to destroy it, or make it disappear. That would be an unconscionable loss

She looks at the trident, as if seeing it for the very first time.

With all this agitation, I didn't even realize you had it... This is a weapon of great power, but, above all, it is the symbol of our strength as warriors, just as the crown of Nammu is the symbol of our right to rule. Thank you, my love. You accomplished the impossible.

Respectfully, she takes the trident out of roberto's hand. And when she seizes it, just like Attumah seemed diminished by its loss, she suddenly seems more radiant, more imposing, more tangible and confident.

Creatures might is always on :wink: So you'll have to defeat her MR, although, if she gives you an AC to her, that would help.
[strike]Her eyes flare up a little, and it looks like she's gonna say something, but she stops short, looks at Roberto, then back to lucas, and bows her head
Sigh... It is difficult for me to accept that such a thing might be needed. This is my people, and I trust them. Yet, they were enthralled with magic, so if I must use magic to defeat magic, let it be so.[/strike]
When trying to compute average penetration, I also realized that this happened in 1235, when Lucas didn't know that spell :frowning: Show that it was a good choice :smiley:

But Wirth can cast it... So let's say Lucas did the suggestion, soteira hands Wirth a lock of hair...
7 + 18 - 10 + Aura 04 = +19, with Penetration 4 * 5... Oh boy, yes it works.

Well, you saw the crown multiple times on King Triton's head, or so you assume, but it didn't came with an advertising. However, Attumah didn't have it, yes.

Leolinus? That's the enemy you told me about, the magus who consorted with devils. He was here? If you say so, I agree, this might explain things. According to our legends, Attumah always tried to conquer our realm by strength and might, he had no way to crush our spirit.
Yet, this time, the beast was just accepted by our people as their rightful king, even if this meant imprisoning me, their princess. Do you think this Leolinus might do such a thing? Enchant an entire city?

For the Pilum of fire, there's a little problem: You're forgetting that the water drenched them, they still worked as weapons as they superheated and vaporized it along their path, but this would greatly lower their efficiency as flares. Imaginem is probably a better choice here, unless you've got a better idea. But whetever. Even if it means casting a bunch of low-level spells, you can do it, you'll also just signal your position. So let's assume that, whatever you do, you can both signal Acutus and a lot of people.

I meant before her MR went up once she became queen. If she's only a princess now, it would be less.

As for not having the spell yet, that's my bad. I didn't check because I thought it was one I'd had for a while. Sorry.

Ah, yes, you're perfectly right :smiley: Well done :smiley:

MILD SPOILERS: [size=40]Actually, this is what wearing the crown would do: Have her take the mantle of the queen, and increase her might. [/size]

Once Acutus sees the signal he will return to the group.