Thomas The Rhymer, doctrinae Criamonis

It actually looks like InMe to see what a grog sees is hella expensive. Well, maybe not hella. I'm trying to decide what the Base would be. My first thought was 15 (read a person's surface thoughts), but then I started thinking 5 (sense a single emotion in a being). With InMe, it's being run through the filter of what the grog is looking at and ignoring; if he's checking out a hot chick's bum, he may not notice something at his peripheral vision. Whereas, with InIm, it would (probably) be a Base 2 to use one sense at a distance; maybe Touch range with Sun duration, for example? That way, you could touch the grog and see through his eyes, but it would be just as though you were there. And since it's a longer duration, it's not going to stop until the duration ends. You'd lose sight for a second when the grog blinks (or longer if his eyes close for whatever reason). It would probably be very confusing until you get used to it (Concentration roll, somehow?), since you'd be seeing not only what he saw but what you see normally, and you would see what he sees even with your eyes closed.

At least, at first blush, that's how it looks to me. I'm open to suggestions, or even throwing it to the main forums for advice.

No point in worrying about it now. I'd rather focus on RP than mechanics-hacking. When it comes up, we can deal with it. We've got experience hacking on projects together.

Yes we do. I still think Pegasaurus Rex is one of the most awesome ideas we've ever come up with in Ars. It is so freakin' metal!

"A giantess is riding a pegasus made of metal. Your argument is invalid."

And I think I've just found my new sigline :smiley:

I'm thinking that, in an effort to get Janet more comfortable with her tattoo'd heathen husband, Thomas will spend the first two seasons (ie, the rest of 1223) taking lessons with her in Latin or something from Magister Vermicello Rolenti.

Which raises the interesting question of exactly whether or not the baby gets XP, or counts as a third student in this situation.

Further, I was at first imagining that, as an oracle, it would be safe for him to occupy Faileas's sanctum -- especially given his InVi 31+ casting total) On further thought, it strikes me as a poor idea to expose his wife and child (and future children) to that potential infernal threat. But then the malicious imp inside me points out that some kind of hidden infernal taint to such a home might let Janet's Impious Friend in, and so, from the meta-story perspective, is actually quite perfect. :smiling_imp:

So, I think I'll bring the suggestion up IC at some point, and we can see how it goes.