Trebuchet of the Unruly Earth, Update

You may remember that I created a little spell to hurl a HUGE piece of rock. So tonight I actually had my character cast it for the first time. I'd worked the spell up to level 40, so you can imagine the size.

Unfortunately, he botched. Oops. I'm writing up a new character now, as he didn't survive the multi-ton shrapnel.

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: snort :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now, pray tell, how did that happen? :confused:

Some weirdness with our regio and a thirty foot anchovie slipping through into the really real world. My magus tried to kill it with a massive rock. Zero. Zero. Oops! Big rock equals bad botch. Shrapnel from 1,000 cubic feet of rock can hurt. Bad.

The stabilization rolls failed, so it's new magus time.

Forgive me, but I have to ask. Was there some reason you needed to kill this gigantic anchovie or was your PC showing off? Some of the most dangerous words in existence are, "Hey ya'll, which this!" :wink:

Your SG killed your character on a single botch? That's harsh.

Edit - In case it wasn't clear, you do have my sympathy. Losing a PC simply due to poor luck on the dice is Not Fun.

Wow man, that one is pretty sad, but realistc.
I've made a small trebuchet on my oun and i can assure you that the fuc.. siege weapon is vicious.