Trying to not starve to death

Maybe the Tremere havent been purged thoroughly enough... :open_mouth:

Tytalus, more likely. or so says his signature. I have seen Jerbitons that think the same. Only that they do not plant to eat their grogs.....

The odea of having minotaur grogs makes for interesting grogs indeed!! If you are playing normal ME, that is. if it is high fantasy they wioll be an other bunch of mildly special grogs, I guess :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Xavi

It's not human sacrifice when you eat your grogs.

The harvest looks mighty good this year.

One of the other payers in my troupe has also pointed out the drawbacks of having a tree draw ten years worth of nutrients from the surrounding earth in the space of twenty minutes. That will keep my Johnny Appleseed tendencies from getting too out of hand.

And FAERIES...freakin' faeries! I forgot about them. (Thanks, Furion!)

But if I can only grow a tree that doesnt bear any fruit, than it's pointless to grow the tree at all.

Would anyone like some salad?

Nutriwhat?

shrug Not bearing fruits ever is one option. As is having to wait the "normal" time from seed to fruiting tree. Or having produce fruits but no seeds. Or fruits with infertile seeds. Or normal fruits with normal seeds. Or warped fruits...

Also note that you can ReHe a tree into bearing fruits. That might actually be where I read about the fruits not bearing seeds. I need to go check.

:laughing: I always do that!
What I meant was that the earth around my insta-tree would be very dry (as Furion pointed out) and any other plants growing nearby would probably be killed.

Not bearing friuts = not okay
Waiting the normal time= not okay
fruit without seeds - okay
infertile seeds = okay
normal = awesome!
warped = problematic but acceptable.

But speeding up the process faster than what is natural is creo. My character will starve while waiting for the perfect apple.

"Bloom out of season, in a moment" is rego... heh.

Where did you find that spell?

It's in the ReHe guidelines.

Oh. right. hehe. duh.

I used to use Blessing of the Fruitful Field, found in the old ars magica net grimoire. My 5th edition conversion of it was

Blessing of the Fruitful Field
CrHe 30
This spell attempts to ensure that all crops that grow within 1 hide will be healthy and fruitful. It protects against non-magical blight and diseases, but not against weather or against others harming the crops. Food plants benefit most from this spell, but all plants within its area gain some benefit.
Base 1, +1 Touch, +3 Moon, +2 Group, +3 Size

Was based on an assumption that the mage would be facing a worse case scenario. 30 acres of trees, planted 300 trees per acre, plus grass and bushes. I may have overdone it, it can affect 10,000,000 cubic yards of plantlife. And lvl 30 could quickly warp your plants.
Probably a better idea would be a lvl25 version with sun duration, placed in a lesser enchanted device, which recasts it and sunrise/sunset. 1 seasons work, 3 pawns of vis, much less warping, maybe a 50% food increase?