Two questions

Any new of the second of my questions?

BBCode is enabled, so you should be able to use that to generate tables. ie. [table] [tr] [td]table data[/td] [/tr] [/table]

I just added the table variables to the list of options above the text field when you're writing your post. Hope that helps!

Will try to figure out how it works... I fear my vim score are to low... But thanks.

Here's a site I've found useful, which auto-generates the bbcode for tables: teamopolis.com/tools/bbcode- ... rator.aspx

I tried the tool but the resultas are strange... https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/polycarpus-ex-bonisagus/4939/3 Take a look if you have the time and perhaps you could give me a clue on what's happening here.Thanks for the help

Looks like we're missing the BORDER option...

In another forum we have the following:

[table border="1"][tr][td] Voz [/td][td] Mod. [/td][td] Gestos [/td][td] Mod. [/td][td] Alcance da voz [/td][/tr][tr][td]Alta[/td][td]+1[/td][td] Exagerados [/td][td]+1[/td][td]50 passos[/td][/tr][tr][td]Firme[/td][td]0[/td][td]Fortes[/td][td]0[/td][td]15 passos[/td][/tr][tr][td]Baixa[/td][td]-5[/td][td]Sutis[/td][td]-2[/td][td]5 passos[/td][/tr][tr][td] Nenhuma [/td][td]-10[/td][td]Nenhum[/td][td]-5[/td][td]0 passos[/td][/tr][/table]

But this forum doesn't recognize the "border" bit of the table code.

testing ...
[table][tr][th]header1[/th]
[th]header2[/th]
[th]header3[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]text1[/td]
[td]text2[/td]
[td]text3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]text4[/td]
[td]text5[/td]
[td]text6[/td][/tr][/table]

Weird ... looks likes the TABLE BBCode is triggering a whole bunch of space before the table. It doesn't show up in the HTML source code for the page, though, and there wasn't any spacing between "testing ..." and the table when I typed in my test post.

Test 2?

[table][tr][td]Test2[/td][td]Test2[/td][td]Test2[/td][td]Test2[/td][td]Test2[/td][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]5[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][th]header1[/th]
[th]header2[/th]
[th]header3[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]text1[/td]
[td]text2[/td]
[td]text3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]text4[/td]
[td]text5[/td]
[td]text6[/td][/tr][/table]
[/quote]
The problem seems to be in the TH (header) code.

Figured out the strange space at the top issue ...

For every new line inserted in the edit box (ie. when you hit the return button), a
is inserted into the page's source code by the forum. That break then appears at the TOP of the table. The low-tech solution would be to type out your code with no returns. But that gets to be a big mess ... really hard to look at. So I changed the BBCode definitions of the tags to comment out the breaks ... phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p4078025

Let me know if you still have any trouble with it.

It's pretty much impossible for me to set up BBCode table borders that work the way you use them in HTML code ... ie, by typing in the thickness of the border as part of the Table Tag. Think of the BBCode as an abbreviation for a whole bunch of HTML that I specified in the back end. Instead, I set up an alternate Table with Border Tag. Now, to get borders, replace the Table Tag:

[table][/table]

with the new Table with Border Tag instead:

[tablewithborder][/tablewithborder]

So the following code:

[tablewithborder][tr][th]header1[/th] [th]header2[/th] [th]header3[/th][/tr] [tr][td]text1[/td] [td]text2[/td] [td]text3[/td][/tr] [tr][td]text4[/td] [td]text5[/td] [td]text6[/td][/tr][/tablewithborder]
gives you this table

[tablewithborder][tr][th]header1[/th]
[th]header2[/th]
[th]header3[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]text1[/td]
[td]text2[/td]
[td]text3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]text4[/td]
[td]text5[/td]
[td]text6[/td][/tr][/tablewithborder]
If anybody comes across a better solution, please let me know.

I just fixed the cell padding, too, so there's more space on the left and right of the text ... makes it look neater, I think. :slight_smile:

For the future is it possible to use the tool that you gave a link to earlier? Or do I need to practice enough vim to write code... :confused:

I have no idea how they did it in the other forum, and I just realized they are phpbb3 so that may be why they have the border option and so... :slight_smile:

Max: Yes, you can still use the code generator at teamopolis.com/tools/bbcode- ... rator.aspx ... that's what my post was tying to say, the one about having found a fix for the
code. You should now just be able to take the code generated from that site's form and paste it here, and have it work fine.

Yan: We're running phpbb3, actually. If you could email that other board's admin and ask how they set up their borders option (or, actually, their entire table option), I'd be happy to try to implement whatever workaround they figured out.

It's a free forum provider, and it is in Portuguese, but I'll see what I can do :slight_smile:

No luck with getting info from them, sorry... :neutral_face:

What is the mean of 1.5 5- Ca R+ H++ L-- G Y08 T(6) SG++ P+ Ty++ FZ- C- E- Cd