Unravelling an Aegis

That's a different question. I'm just pointing out it's really not that hard for a Verditius without even putting a lot of effort into it.

The time we've seen it anyone would do it. One of our sagas featured some descendants of escaped Diedne. They were prepared to take down the PC Aegis, which taught the PC's (who survived - I think we lost one) that maybe they should consider the same.

Chris

A Verditius who was selling munitions to one (or the other or both) sides of the Schism War would. There might be some laying around. Maybe several Tribunals banned the creation of such items after the Schism War, but recently an Aegis-destroying wand was found is has fallen into the wrong hands. Smells like a story seed to me.

Agreed, definitely! Such an item or event is definitely something that has deep story potential behind it. It's not something that is easy or trivial to do, as it results in some effort, to either create the device (and be at the right mix of Art scores to do so).

A Verditius could make an item to take down a large Aegis even more effectively by learning the minor mystery Verditius Runes which doubles his technique and form scores for lab totals and by using the rune-specific woods(pine and hawthorn I believe) to get an extra boost.

Usable only with invested devices :slight_smile:

Yes, but those are the only true kind of devices, aaren't they? The rest are just...toys?

Since charged devices were discussed above... not for this purpose.
For more general use, certainly :smiley: :unamused:

+1

I didn't become a Verditus magus to crank out charged items like the other hacks in my troupe. :slight_smile:

Not one person has replied with what to me is the obvious answer...
A Verditius with a high hubris score would definitely do this. All you have to do is offer to pay for it.

K.