US convention registration open

Ok I'm now looking at flights, what time do things get started on friday and what time do they end on Sunday? I'm using miles so I need to make my reservation ASAP. Rough guesses will be fine it's not like I can make the airlines dance to my tune anyway.

Oh, wow! That looks like so much fun! Such creative people running events! I wish I could make it. :frowning: Is it always in SF?

Chris

Hi,

This is a choice I'll have to make at the last minute due to various weirdness in my life.

Thanks for the thought.

Anyway,

Ken

40,000 frequent flier miles and $5. I've got myself a ticket to San Francisco. Woo Hoo!

Well, if you mean "always" as last year (in Berkely) and this year (in San Bruno just outside of SF) then yes.

Truth is that it is up to the organizing committee. Next year's team will have to decide on a location. If the team decides on Moscow, Idaho ... well, then it is in Moscow, Idaho.

My personal suspicion is that it will be somewhere in the San Francisco Bay Area again next year if we decide to have one (the next most likely area being somewhere in greater Los Angeles.

-K!

Just to whet the appetite, here is the current line-up of events. More will be added as more folks confirm attendance.

Note that sign-ups for the individual events will be through the website as soon as the functionality is available (targeting late May).

Best,

-K!

=================

Life On the Outside

An evil wizard is marauding the countryside. He's killed your master and many of those closest to you. He strikes without warning, hurling fire and death. You have now banned together with others who have suffered similarly. You don't trust them or their bizarre and disparate traditions, but the enemy of my enemy . . . Together you might be able to defeat this vile wizard who calls himself a follower of Flanbae or is it Flambu? His name is irrelevant, for he must be stopped.

Max: six players
Min: undetermined
Special considerations: Some knowledge of Hedge Magic: Revised Edition is helpful, but not required

Storyguide: John Post

An Expedition in the Levant

Following legends from Arabian Nights.

Max: 20 players
Min: 2 players [ed. OK, we are aiming for at least 4]
Special considerations: None, though having read from the Tales may add to the experience.

Storyguide: Mark Faulkner

The Founders, Revisited

Scenario based in the early history of the Order as envisioned by the storyguide.

Max: undetermined
Min: not known, currently, but probably 12
Special Considerations: This is a LARP. Props will be provided by Storyguide. Personal costumes might be arranged with the storyguide. Note that NO weapons will be permitted per contract with the hotel. No exceptions. No kidding.

Storyguide: Erik Dahl

Murder at Capitulum Kerkyrae

A notable magus has been murdered at Capitulum Kerkyrae in Graecia. Six magi of varying backgrounds must discover what happened, and more importantly, how. This is a "serious" dramatic scenario, with no guarantee that all of the characters will survive to the end.

The Inventor
Does this mystery hide the key to what you have been seeking most of your life? Will you feel joy or dread if you find it?

The Mercenary
Will solving this mystery reveal still other secrets? Will your Code of Honor be tested to the breaking point?

The Investigator
Will you unravel the tangled web in time to prevent more deaths? Will one of the lives you save be your own?

The Hoplite
Will your years of study and training be enough to meet the challenges you will face? Or will you need to discover new resources to succeed?

The Diplomat
Can you negotiate a resolution that may prevent further bloodshed? Or will you be forced to take action yourself?

The Guardian
Does this mystery conceal a threat to your ward? Or is the threat more personal in nature?

Special considerations: This scenario is limited to six players. When registering, each will need to pick his or her top three choices for role from the preceeding options. After all six places are filled, the Storyguide will assign the roles, and additional background detail will be sent to each registrant (yes, there will be homework, but hopefully the fun kind).

Storyguide: Paul Briscoe

There will also be two contests this year (with prizes) and a few other scenarios and events will be added as registration increases. Check the website for updates.

Best,

-K!

I've booked fllights, hotel, and registered! I've even ordered a T-shirt.

Now all I need is the hula girls at the airport and a chauffer out front. Either that or armed immigration officers and a free shuttle to the Marriott.

Mark

Glad to have you!

The fre shuttle is already in place -- armed immigration officers are also there, gratis!

-K!