Vibria of Flambeau (development)

I like it.

So, I've added the Magical Qualities Minor Virtue (Second Sight) and Improved Abilities (to give him the experience points to actually have a better-than-one score in Second Sight); that gives me his max 15 points in Qualities and Inferiorities. I've also rejiggered his Abilities, below.

[hr][/hr]
[u]Abilities[/u]
Area Lore: Andorra 3
Area Lore: Sa Dragonera 2
Athletics i[/i] 5
Awareness 4+2
Brawl i[/i] 5
Charm 2
Climb 3
Concentration i[/i] 2
Finesse (Fiery Breath) 4
Hunt i[/i] 4
Magic Lore i[/i] 1
Occitan i[/i] 5
Penetration (Fiery Breath)3
Second Sight 3
Shapeshifter i[/i] 2 (dragon, human)
Stealth (stalking prey) 4

[hr][/hr]
In his human form, Felix is a tall, muscular man with short, vividly red hair and a neatly trimmed beard who appears to be around 40 years old.

Fine kitty, I like it :smiley:

Yes, this would be, IMO, a way better choice for a dragoncat than Sight Beyond Sight.

Maybe also a power to sniff out gold? Like...
Sniff out the hidden treasures
InTe base 2, + 2 smell, + 1 conc = lvl 05

IIRC, you have one shape for every point in the ability. Having a specialty in one of your shapes doesn't increase your actual score. So that would make 2 shapes.

Finally got around to putting the (hopefully) finishing touches on Felix Draco and posting him on the wiki.

I've got Vibria's Dragon Form on the wiki. I think. I hope.

1 Like

So, I'm working on Vibria's advancement from Summer 1243 to Fall 1244 (because I forgot until just a little bit ago that I was going to do that this weekend), and I realized that I don't have the numbers for her and Jaksic's Longevity Rituals. I know that she was helping Fleur with them, and by my reckoning the Lab Total for both of them is 45. Is that right? (Which would be a -9 to their Aging rolls.)

Apparently, on my planner, I had All Roads Lead to Africa as being in the Summer of 1244 and not Autumn. Which leaves Vibria's summer free. Luckily I had a "To Do list" on my own planner document, so I would like to have Vibria use the summer to improve her Lab, from Refinement Score of 0 to +1; I'll look over the lab improvement rules later this week to see just what that entails and make whatever rolls need to be made. (As an aside, our poltergeist owes me fifteen bucks.)

For Winter of 1245, I'm thinking of having her train with the Andorran Guard again, out in the field doing scouting. Yes, it will be cold and miserable and rainy and snowy and why am I doing this again? Oh, yeah, I'm Flambeau and need to toughen up some more. Again. Basically, 10 xp in either Survival or Area Lore: Andorra (I'm thinking the latter, since she doesn't have it.)

I was derping around Facebook this afternoon, and found this little gem on my timeline. I immediately thought of Vibria, and how much she would want this. After all, the armour Vulcanus made for her is...wow, more than 15 years old at this point (Winter 1245).

So, yeah, Vibria might see if anyone wants to take a commission.

1 Like

I realized last night that Winter of 1244 comes after Autumn of 1243 and not Autumn of 1244. I'm still going to have Guiverna go on the Ancient Discovery thread, but it does open up a season for Vibria that I wasn't expecting.

I have a couple of ideas, the first one being to start working on her Talisman. Being Flambeau, I'm thinking a sword. And in looking at her character sheet, I see that has something called the "DragonSword." I cannot for the life of me remember when and where she got it. It's got a "Wondrous Effect" that turns everything metal it strikes to sand, which will fade when she dies, and it's already a permanent Arcane Connection to Vibria. I don't think it's been enchanted, per se, but would this be an acceptable talisman?

Other ideas I have would include training in Bows or Great Weapons, since she has neither, or start working on getting her feebler Arts apprentice-takeable level.

I do not remember this weapon. I presume it is somehow enchanted already. Or a wonder crafted by another wonder worker. A Talisman needs to be more personal. As for making a weapon your Talisman, that depends a lot on your school and style. What do you want your Talisman to do? Have you considered Penetration? If memory serves, I think Vibria is notoriously deficient in Finesse & Penetration. Wouldn't an open season be best served by study of one of these?

Being a dragon, maybe a coin would be a cool talisman?

Only think I can think of (and this just occurred to me) is that Vulcanus made it for her. Looking through the character sheet archives on the wiki, it appeared sometime between Spring 1242 and Summer 1243 which was (I think) after Vulcanus left. So, since neither one of us remembers it, I'll delete it.

Good point. I think I'll be using her season for Finesse. Thank you.

Point. I'll think about it.

Vibria spent the Summer of 1244 improving her lab, giving it a Refinement of +1.

Based on the rules in Covenants (p. 110), she needs to make an Intelligence + Magic Theory roll vs. an Ease Factor of 12 to gain the Highly Organized Virtue. Int 1 + MT 4 + die roll of 4 = 9. So, no luck there.

If I'm reading it right, she doesn't get to install a new Virtue this season, but she does have a slot available; she would have to take another season if she wanted to do so.

Vulcanus left in 1234 I think, or even earlier. Vibria was in the Dragon Wars of '36, and he was gone before that.
Speaking of Dragon Wars, this is not the sort of thing that gets covered up. It is a part of Mythic History now. There are social repercussions yet unexplored, both there and throughout Mythic Europe!
Maybe that is where you got it? Now that I think of it, it sounds like a Tremere style weapon. Call it a war trophy.

For the sword, besides pure good craftsmanship maybe it can have a PeVi or PeIg effect to counter dragon's breath on the bearer ?

Okay, I've added it back to her character sheet, and will add it back to my MetaCreator file shortly.

And I may take another look to see if it's enchantable further.

For the 74 points I was short, I added

• 15 points in Aquam (raising it from 0 to 5)
  • 15 points in Auram (raising it from 0 to 5)
  • 5 points in Intellego (raising it from 4 to 5)
  • 15 points in Herbam (raising it from 0 to 5)
  • 15 points in Imaginem (raising it from 0 to 5)
  • 5 points in Terram (raising it from 4 to 5)
  • 4 points in Vim (raising it from 3 to 4)

Spring of 1245 she spends studying The Magical Art of Magic for 16 xp in Vim, raising it to 6.

Autumn of 1245 she studies The Life of Socrates for 15 xp Teaching, giving her a score of 2 with a Specialty: Apprentices.

Winter of 1246 she opens Artur's Arts.

Summer of 1245 is still open, because I don't know if the adventure happens early enough in the season for her to spend doing something for Artur (like teaching him Latin or something), or if she should go ahead and do what she was planning to do anyway.

Next step: updating her Forum character sheet. Which will probably involve reformatting, because I notice some stuff got wonked in the transition to the new forums.

1 Like

I have been noticing that too. the tr line break stuff doesn't work any more and the font size scale is much lower. However, an easy step I noticed is that if you click "edit", and change nothing, then save, a bunch of stuff changes up anyway.

However, if you just wanna update the wiki, that is fine. I can change the link in the roster page.

Naw, I'm almost done. Just have the Spells to do yet for the character sheet up top.

1 Like

And Vibria's character sheet here is current.

1 Like